[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HDD STOLEN??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

Left my bag unattended at an event. Had my HDD wrapped inside the bag. Someone stole it apparently, because the HDD is missing from the bag. Hadn't wiped it, it's a win 8 image (C:\, D:\).
How fucked am I?
>>
Not at all because you were smart enough to use full-disk encryption, weren't you?
>>
>>61370685
No, I didn't use encryption. Can he extract my mails and shit now?
>>
>>61370711
change passwords for EVERYTHING
>>
>>61370755
This

Assume that your HDD wasn't picked up by a total retard and that every single bit of information on the disk (including stored passwords in web browsers / etc.) will be compromised.
>>
>>61370605
You carry a used HD around?
>>
>>61370605
Oh shit nigga. I hope you encrypted you CP folder
>>
>>61370605
If you are a nobody you're fine. Person will probably just wipe the HD and use it. But if you have important shit on it like passwords I suggest you to change it all, right now.
>>
>>61370711
They can hijack sessions for websites where you were logged in.
>>
>>61370791
you don't?
>>
>>61370863
But why?
1.) I have a 1TB external drive for moving large files.
2.) I have HTTPS access to my NAS on a non-standard port if I need a file from home.

Why would you bring an entire drive of an old machine with OS and all on it?
>>
>>61370856
that could be the least of his concerns depending on what kind of data he kept on the drive
>>
>>61370829
>change passwords
insightful and helpful
>>
>>61370907
I was abroad for a longer time and didn't feel like having it lie around in my flat. But, now, I guess that would have been the better choice.
>>
>>61370829
Thx did that.
>>
>>61370863
>don't you
lmao, no.
>>
>>61370907
>Nonstandard port
>Thinks this matters

rolf
>>
>>61370863
I do but
you carry a HD with windows installed with you?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.