[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does this product exist? Simple headphone plug with resistors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: plug2.jpg (19KB, 366x227px) Image search: [Google]
plug2.jpg
19KB, 366x227px
Every portable media player (or smartphone etc) I've ever tried has had the same problem: the lowest volume setting is still louder than I want.

Up until now, my solution has been to use an extension cable with a volume wheel. But this has serious flaws:
* annoyingly long cable
* volume wheel gets changed by accident sometimes
* depending on the position of the volume wheel, one side of the headphones becomes noticably louder or quieter than the other, and it's annoying

What I want is just a simple small headphone plug with a couple of resistors. I had a look around and couldn't find anything like it. I tried making something like it myself but my soldering skills suck and it broke in a couple of days.
>>
File: id.png (7KB, 468x294px) Image search: [Google]
id.png
7KB, 468x294px
to be clear, this is exactly what I want
>>
>>61370349
Just solder it yourself, use hot glue to fix it in place and use heat shrinking tube to hide it and you're done.
>>
>>61370425
Yeah I'll probably do that. Gonna buy some plugs and sockets and resistors, and hot glue and heat shrink stuff
>>
>>61370349
>being a weak-eared baby bitch

Good luck getting a job because every sound hurts your brittle little bitch boy ears
>>
You need headphones with higher impedance.
>>
>>61372274
This.
Or just get a cable with a potentiometer aka volume control.
>>
>>61372274
You mean lower sensitivity you dumbass
>>
>>61372772
Why not both.
>>
File: foff.jpg (26KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
foff.jpg
26KB, 512x384px
>>61372454
>>61370349
>Up until now, my solution has been to use an extension cable with a volume wheel. But this has serious flaws:
FUCK OFF!
>>
>>61370349
How much of a earlet do you have to be to have a volume of 1 hurt your ears?
>>
>>61370880
>>61374113
>implying OP said anything about pain
Fuck off, quick-to-judge faggots.

Maybe OP is trying to listen in very sound-tight environments - ever tried using headphones under such circumstances?
I myself have to reduce the volume scope in my media player whenever I do that. Thankfully it's capable of doing it (iPod nano 3rd gen).

Perhaps this is also of interest to you OP, since it's a media player which has the option of adjusting volume scope.
Regardless, other anons are right - your best bet is soldering it yourself and securing resistors with heat shrinking tube.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.