[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can a national security organization CRACK a .rar file with a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: google.com.ar.jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
google.com.ar.jpg
11KB, 225x225px
Can a national security organization CRACK a .rar file with a good password? How?
Not bruteforce.
>>
Someone would tell you, but then they'd have to kill you, so, move on.
>>
They would just need to bend space and time to look back when you were typing the password
>>
>>61369970
What are backdoors
>>
>>61369970
Don't trust people who make compression products to also make good crypto products.
Add an external layer of crypto around it, e.g. PGP.
>>
I have made my own packing and crypting method and they don't know how it works because it's not the typical PGP or such

What are the chances of them succesfully reverse-engineering my algorithms? They are documented nowhere, only in my head
>>
>>61370306
Approaching 100%.
>>
>>61370306
Your crypto is probably shit.
>>
>>61370306
Your crypto a shit.
>>
>>61370306
0 since no one cares about your shit but a retarded kid could fuck the suit up of your crypto
>>
>2017
>using winrar

Where did we fail?
(And why didn't it expire already?)
>>
If it was created with WinRAR you just need to

>switch the bit (size / 2)
>open the file with winrar
>type 123 as password (if it already is 123, good)
>close the file
>repeat the process by switching the bit (size * 2 / 3)
>repeat again by switching the bit 0 (first)

We added this backakdso rrsnadkç sdafasssssssssssvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
>>
>>61370811

But if they find only random bytes here and there that mean nothing they'd probably assume I was using a basic PGP (or some other popular cryptor) right? And time waste andf resources trying to bruteforce/collide it with the wrong algorithms using supercomputers Keep in mind that the don't know anything from it
>>
>>61369970
They brute force your balls with a wrench until you spit out the password.
>>
>>61371203

Only in movies they do that
>>
uhh? might want to learn about cryptography
>>
test
>>
>>61369970
Takes about a day to crack a .rar password on an average PC. The encryption is not really strong.
>>
Sure.

>Not bruteforce.
Probably not. Except if there is a flaw in the encryption scheme, and I'm not aware of one.
>>
how do free+open source fags make a crypto programming without revealing how it works and making backdooring the mechanism possible? isn't there supposed to be a secret mechanism to it?
>>
>>61371962
you want protection from jamal or NSA?
>>
>>61371685
retard
>>
File: 4chan user.jpg (11KB, 220x154px) Image search: [Google]
4chan user.jpg
11KB, 220x154px
>>61370306
>and they don't know how it works because it's not the typical PGP
Plaintext -> Caesar Cipher -> PGP

That ought to get them
>>
>>61372007
truecrypt or veracrypt
>>
>>61371685
To actually answer your question, modern crypto works using algorithms that go one way easily but are almost impossible to go the other way without knowing something secret, like a password.

The way the algorithm works is known perfectly well, its the password used that is the secret part.
>>
>>61372046

Way complicater than that
>>
>>61369970
Probably. If it is proprietary software the chances are about 100% that they have a backdoor.
On free software there is a chance that it has no such backdoor, depending of course on how much it is used.

>>61370306
If you knew what you were doing (and since you asked you do not) they would not, unless you fucked up (100% chance for that).
>>
>>61370306
Are you actually trying to imply your half assed homemade crypto solution is nothing compared to "typical PGP"
>>
>>61370306
Ok crytokiddie
>>
>>61371685
just use one time pad and fuck off
>>
>>61372280

Because the algorithms are so specific, not just a random passcode applied to the data in a common way, it would take them ages to find out the exact multi-layer step by step either from reverse-engineering the exact pattern or bruteforcing it
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.