[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I keep seeing this joke but don't get it. What's going on?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

I keep seeing this joke but don't get it. What's going on?
>>
Amerilards trying to uncuck themselves after getting fucked by companies for so long.
>>
>>61366409
commies are pushing authoritarianism (again) and for some reason everyone likes that
>>
>>61366409
>nigger humor
>>
>>61366409
It's some US thing where they are talking about some new internet bill as if it will change their ancient infrastructure and their slow-ass Internet speeds. Net neutrality is a basic thing the US really should have and fight for - but it's really the least of the Internet-related problems in the US.

Meanwhile in Europe I'm paying about $40 USD per month for my 100/100mbit connection. Gigabit is $90 month but I don't see the point.

A more important issue wold be the granting of local monopolies which is so common in the US (no, it's not a "free market" when your city has decided that only one company's allowed to have broadband cables in the ground).
>>
People that don't understand what net neutrality is/does try making memes advocating for it and make others believe the same misinformation about net neutrality.
>>
>>61366467
You're misinformed about what it does, net neutrality just gives control to the US government on how our packets are dealt with instead of ISPs. The reason Europe has better internet is because we have shitty laws that ISPs can abuse to keep a monopoly over a state/county so no other ISPs can give them competition
>>
>>61367438
>we have shitty laws that ISPs can abuse to keep a monopoly over a state/county so no other ISPs can give them competition
they lobbied and kickbacked their way into that situation, and now they've lobbied and kickbacked their way into a situation where the net neutrality is being repealed. 88% of the american public is against it but it provides the big 4 ISPs with innumerable new tools to tighten their stranglehold even more.
>>
>>61367438
NN means isps have to treat all traffic equally and the government enforces that, saying that's giving packet control to the government is misleading
>>
File: 1499822851708.gif (2MB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
1499822851708.gif
2MB, 460x259px
>US internet is ultra cucked
>Instead of fixing real problems politicians invent a new one to get away with censorship
>They dig up a fancy name from an old bill from 10 years ago with a friendly name like "Net Neutrality" that has nothing to do with that at this point
>Regardless if it passes or don't they'll rewrite stuff to fuck everyone in the ass
>Throw the name out there and let people fight among themselves thinking they're saving the world when they're just playing the useful idiot role both ways
Really empowers my cashews
>>
>>61367438
>Land of the freedom
>>
>>61367438
>net neutrality just gives control to the US government on how our packets are dealt with instead of ISPs

NN means all packets have to be treated equally, i.e. individual websites can't be throttled. The government "having control" would mean they could choose which websites are throttled, which is the exact opposite of the NN bill. Losing NN is what would lead to throttled websites.

Of course, there's a 90% chance I'm replying to a shill right now, but just in case you're an actual user; no, NN does not let the government control the Internet.
>>
>>61367438
>implying internet in yurope is self-contained
I'll be kekking hard when NA based ISPs start charging 6 gorillion dollars for peering with EU companies
>>
>>61368227
>net neutrality doesn't matter goys, why don't you stop paying attention, nothing to see here

Fuck off. Traditional media is heavily controlled, the Internet is the only space left for radical ideas. Unless you're perfectly happy with the way things are you should care about net neutrality. Lose this and sites deemed problematic will be effectively culled.
>>
How to be a /pol/-/g/ crossboarder.
1. Be a post-gamergate newfag.
2. Understand nothing about technology or 4chan's culture or values.
3. Parrot the most popular opinion from your favourite subreddit.
4. Call everyone who disagrees a cuck.
>>
>>61366464
>humor
>tumor
>>
>>61366409
It was a stance against net neutrality. People made their pages load forever in protest, but it’s retarded because people who aren’t into the thing (like you) will just think it’s the host that’s slow.

Much better to do what the panel below shows, actually saying what the fuck is going on instead of memeing.
>>
>>61367438
I'll take freedom of speech any day of the week over faster internet
>>
>>61368357
Fuck off SJW
>>
>>61370025
>year 2017
>everyone who isn't an underage neo-nazi snowflake is an SJW
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.