[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok /g/, I'm a KDE user and I want to switch to a personalized

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: i3-hacks.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
i3-hacks.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Ok /g/, I'm a KDE user and I want to switch to a personalized i3 DE. Should I do it just right away or do I transition gradually into it (installing something like i3-kde, for example)?
>>
>>61365173
Install i3 and keep KDE in case you need it.
>>
>>61365235
this
https://i3wm.org/docs/userguide.html
and this, rtfm
its not hard at all, once you learn the syntax for the config file and all the keyboard shortcuts, using it becomes really fun
>>
>>61365173
You're going to want to keep KDE around because of how fucking awesome the file chooser is and also Dolphin (unless you prefer ranger, which is also top tier) so just go with i3-kde
>>
>>61365291
If there's something I learned with the Arch community, is to read the docs
>>
>>61365318
I'm experimenting with ranger and it seems pretty cool. Once I get to customize all of it's shortcuts it might just replace Dolphin for me
>>
>>61365346
yeah ranger is fantastic, especially if you install and use tmux in your terminal session
>>
>>61365318
personally, i think learning to use the command line efficiently and ditching graphical file managers is the best choise. after you get into the flow of it, and set up a few nice aliases, messing around with files becomes much easier and faster.
>>
>>61365360
That's my main goal, having tmux, i3 and ranger (I also use nvim as my main editor) to optimize my workflow. Also, if there's any suggestions on replacements for any of these I'm open to try it out
>>
>>61365411
This is becoming more and more true for me, and it all started with vim. I used to code with Atom, full of packages, and it was pretty good. But as soon as I dived in the magic of vim, I feel in love to terminal applications
>>
>>61365173
i3 is a meme
>>
>>61366416
just because you couldn't make it work doesn't mean that it's worthless piece of shit like yourself, you second year summerfag
>>
>>61366416
Ur mom is a meem xDDD
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.