[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there even a GTK Theme that can compete with the Arc Theme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

Is there even a GTK Theme that can compete with the Arc Theme? I think not, but prove me wrong.
>>
>>61360166
Which version of windows is this?
>>
>>61360166
Vimix-dark-laptop-ruby
>>
>>61360166
Adwaita > Arc
>>
>>61360166
Arc is pretty good and should be the default for Gnome, but those icons look like shit.
>>
>>61360166

Nope, Vertex icons are a good match tho.
>>
>>61360166
>GTK Theme
Why even bother?
>>
>>61360166
Numix
>>
Arc is more white on white minimalistic bullshit. It makes programs look like a bunch of wasted space and doesn't differentiate well between content, menus and buttons.
>inb4 Nautilus
They tweaked it doe Nautilus. Other programs, like Thunar or Deluge, look ugly with it.
Numix is a better theme all around, and even then it lacks so much personality and usability compared to GNUStep and Motif themes.
>>
>>61360271
Is that a tablet? I've been looking for one, but all of them come with Android and the GNU support is minimal. Does all the hardware work, or is there a catch?
>>
>>61360378

ThinkPad X201T

I've yet to see a modern x86 tablet that isn't a complete ballache to get GNU running on.
>>
>>61360333
The reason I use Arc-darker instead of Numix is the absolutely obnoxious orange they use for selections. Extremely strong and unpleasant for daily use.
The biggest problem I had with Arc was their gray instead of black fonts, but that was easy enough to fix.
>>
>>61360597
>The reason I use Arc-darker instead of Numix is the absolutely obnoxious orange they use for selections. Extremely strong and unpleasant for daily use.
https://github.com/actionless/oomox
>>
>>61360630
Looks considerably different from 'default' numix even with default configurations, but it is definitively worth looking into.
Too lazy to look further into it so I'm just using Arc for now, in a couple months maybe I will look at oomox again.
>>
i can't stand light on dark, especially if the dark isn't even dark the way it is in Arc
>>
>>61360166
Arc Flatabulous
>>
>>61360300
this desu
gtk is the plague that is killing linux gui
>>
>>61362854
>When your theme breaks every 2 gtk updates
Why can we not move to something less retarded?
>>
>>61361850
That looks fucking retarded
>>
Adapta
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.