[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder to all /pol/cunts who discovered here on their mobiles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 26

Reminder to all /pol/cunts who discovered here on their mobiles during the election: /g/ is pro net neutrality, always has been, always will be
>>
>>61359859
This.
>>
>>61359859
So are we, dipshit. Only dumbfucks from /ptg/ are in denial. Trump is absolutely wrong on this issue and any /pol/ack who came before 2015 agrees.
>>
>>61359859
>Implying /g/ ever supported communism
Nice try shill, but /g/ support the free market and NN is going to promote censorship.
>>
File: triggered_by_mrlorgin-d9aahmc.png (116KB, 320x371px) Image search: [Google]
triggered_by_mrlorgin-d9aahmc.png
116KB, 320x371px
That image pisses me off every time i see it.
>>
>>61359911
[citation needed]
>>
>>61359859
Filthy comunist get out reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
https://www.forbes.com/sites/joshsteimle/2014/05/14/am-i-the-only-techie-against-net-neutrality/#5564e15770d5
>>
File: c39.jpg (38KB, 600x767px) Image search: [Google]
c39.jpg
38KB, 600x767px
>>61359859
Great idea forcing government where government don't belong. Enjoy your gulag for disagreeing with Trump on Twitter.
>>
>>61359938
>>61359911
These dipshits don't get it. No one wants to pass any bills.
>>
File: 1494804637334.jpg (127KB, 300x306px) Image search: [Google]
1494804637334.jpg
127KB, 300x306px
>>61359970
>I'm pro net neutrality
>I'm against net neutrality bill
>>
Trump is going to stop net neutrality to ensure freedom remains and big government doesn't bring upon more cultural marxism into our society.
>>
>>61360032
Yeah man, we've got to stop censorship. Look what happened to telephone service after they were declared common carries under Title II - oh wait, phone calls have no censorship, and have stronger wiretapping laws than the internet. Hmm...
>>
>/g/ is one person
>>
File: net.png (1MB, 1449x2176px) Image search: [Google]
net.png
1MB, 1449x2176px
>>61359859
Support it goyim!!!!
>>
>>61361563
We've come to a time where screeching feminazi whores have more substance between their ears than /pol/eddit

Nice.
>>
File: Disgust.gif (2MB, 295x211px) Image search: [Google]
Disgust.gif
2MB, 295x211px
>>61361563
>drink water petition
>>OY VEY, FEMENISTS AND MURDERERS DRINK WATER TOO! DO YOU SUPPORT WHAT BAD PEOPLE ALSO SUPPORT? SAY NO TO WATER!!

This is the most stupid pic I've seen in 10 years
I dunno if its stormfront or rich assholes who pay pleb tier faggots to make and spread this pathethic shit, but its like you arent even trying anymore
Or just baiting quite well
>>
>>61361693
>yes goy its not like they want control that instead of muh evil corporations right?

this time all of this shit is smelly has fuck
>>
>>61359911
>free market
/g/ worships a Literal commie who supported Bernie
>>
>>61359859
> a massive 2000mb
>>
>>61361791
I'd rather trust the government than a corporation. They both want to screw me over, but the government will just want to datamine me. The corporate will datamine me, then throttle my connection and ask for more money.
>>
>>61361837
2000mb is not massive, that's the point you retard
>>
>>61359859
>being an american
>getting so cucked in the [CURRENT YEAR]
>>
>>61361563
>feminists care about freedom than alt-right cucks
Pathetic
>>
>>61359859
That image always has been fear mongering. USA didn't have net neutrality for year and never ended up like that. You can be for or against government regulation of the internet or not, but anyone that actually thinks the internet will exist in that way without regulation is deluded.
>>
File: maga 4059834.png (91KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
maga 4059834.png
91KB, 256x256px
>>61359859
>implying that matters

Trump is literally saving the world you faggot. Who cares about government control of the internet when the SJWs are running around unchecked?
>>
>>61363098
Bandwidth is now more important than ever and ISPs have agendas that involve shutting down sites that don't fit their views of what should be allowed.
>>
File: 1411559029018.png (203KB, 2000x2595px) Image search: [Google]
1411559029018.png
203KB, 2000x2595px
>>61359859
>/g/ is pro net neutrality
/g/ also knows the difference between net neutrality and """""net neutrality""""" FCC garbage shat out of Obama's asshole.
>>
>>61363114
>Net Neutrality dies
>SJW ISPs throttle or make it impossible to connect to any conservative websites because they can
>/pol/ will defend this future
>>
if bernie, shumer, hillary etc are for something, then you know it's bad
>>
>>61359968
>Enjoy your gulag for disagreeing with Trump on Twitter.
Come on anon. You know that's the opposite intent.
>>
>>61363161
even hitler/stalin supported some good ideas
>>
I've been preaching that net neutrality is important for what feels like forever now, and nobody has wanted to listen until our damn heads were put on the chopping block. At this point I don't even care any more. Having a fragmented internet will probably be for the best if it means /pol/ can't organize anymore or phone post and ruin everything.
>>
>>61363229

Net neutrality doesn't even apply to mobile ISP's yet you don't see any of the supposed throttling/blocking bullshit you claim will happen.
>>
>>61363266
With all this talk about net neutrality, they're not just going to start doing any blocks or throttling until it's confirmed net neutrality will never be happening.
>>
>>61359859
>GOVERNMENT SAVE ME FROM THE BIG BAD CORPORATIONS
Sorry cuck. The free market will fix it. Your image will never happen, the only thing that will happen in the abundance of net neutrality is that you torrents will be throttled and guess what, you deserve it, stop stealing stuff and actually pay for the stuff you want.
>>
>>61363178
>You know that's the opposite intent.

So why do telecoms want to get rid of it then?
>>
>>61359859
Net neutrality is literally cancer. Should be called net censorship.
>>
>>61359859
>g is pro net neutrality.
In the same way it is pro Linsux (it isn't).
The real g is anti net neutrality. It inspires the same competition that made the Macbook, aka the best computer ever.
>>
You have to be a complete moron to be against net neutrality. There is ZERO benefit to the end user to abolish such protections.
>>
File: pikachu left wing.jpg (172KB, 1055x1005px) Image search: [Google]
pikachu left wing.jpg
172KB, 1055x1005px
>>61363300
This. The SJWs want to remove all conservative voices from the internet using it.
>>
>>61363300
>>61363325
It's the other way around, without net neutrality ISPs would be free to block sites they don't like. Free market won't be fixing this.
>>
>>61363266
>t. doesnt understand client/server interaction and that mobile ISPs are used to connect and send small chunks of data rather than host it and serve multiple clients simultaneously
>t. doesnt understand that mobile ISPs actively compete against each other whereas home ISPs and cable providers pretty much have entire counties or regions on lockdown
Not to mention, cell providers throttle the fuck out of internet connections here in the states if you pay for unlimited data and you're actually using it like the word implies.
>>
>>61359859
But this is good. You pay for exactly what you use.
>>
>>61363325
>>61363300
This shit right here is exactly why net neutrality isn't going to last, even when everyone can agree its a good thing. We have idiots here actually arguing in favor the opposite stance of what they claim to want. People like this vote and make decisions on who gets to run our country. Just arguing without even knowing what they're arguing about. And this is just here on 4chan. I can only imagine what the dumbfucks in the flyovers who have no idea how the internet works are thinking.

This shit is pretty much a wrap. Its been nice, fellas. Hopefully we can at least see it out through 2018 before this place goes bye bye.
>>
>>61363287
Because regulating the internet would be fucking expensive and cause OP's pic to happen.
ISPs would rather not have to answer to the government and have the responsibility of filtering everything though a government approved list. Granted that Comcast doesnt exactly care about you, they dont want to be saddled with the responsibility of what their users do, either.
It's basically like asking the electric company to know every electrical device in your home and what you're using it for and having to turn one off if some lobbyist says so. It's asinine and, more importantly to the company, expensive as fuck and unnecessary in a free market.

You either have ISPs gain a monopoly, or you have them answer to big brother. We're facing a modern utility monopoly crisis. There was a time that Americans didnt want there to be a single electric company, because monopolies are usually considered a negative thing. Even though our economy thrives off of freedom, some things, like utilities, are better off centralized. The internet is a utility and should be treated as one. Democrats want to step in because ISPs arent monitoring everything, even though our government's job is to ensure the opposite.

These net neutrality rules are falsely named. The Obama administration knew exactly what it was doing and you shouldnt be fooled.
Do you think Google supports these rules because they care about your free speech?
Do you think Facebook wants you to post "hate speech" on their "neutral" internet?
>>
File: 1499206369754.jpg (94KB, 414x323px) Image search: [Google]
1499206369754.jpg
94KB, 414x323px
>>61359859
>Majority of the world has no net neutrality laws, and never has
>Yet nothing like your pic has ever happened, ever, anywhere

Really makes u think

It's almost as if net neutrality is literally just a baseless redditor meme, and repealing it is a good idea
>>
>>61363435
>trump hats
>le SJWs
>lol who cares I just want to stick it to the libruls
Odds are good it's bored anons fishing for (you)s
>>
>>61359859
>support freedom to visit sites of choice
>ignore the face that they interface using google, which only shows the part of the web they choose
>>
>>61363435
Your so morally superior, my bad.

All your doing is ranting and raving like a woman.
>>
>>61363460
Yeah that's because the state owns the infrastructure.
>>
>>61361563
You sound just like the idealogues steeped in dogma that you claim to detest.
>>
File: pokegirl ok.png (104KB, 400x540px) Image search: [Google]
pokegirl ok.png
104KB, 400x540px
>>61363511
This. Triggered much? lol
>>
>>61363460
>Majority of the world
I think it'd probably be smarter to consider law by where the majority of servers are hosted. Just giving a blanket statement that the 'majority of the world has no NN laws' is kind of asinine. Thats like saying the majority of schools don't have rules regarding students driving and parking and get along just fine without them, while counting kindergartens and elementary schools in addition to highschools and colleges when we all know there are more of the former than the later.
>>
When will this net neutrality debate be over? When will the final say on if net neutrality is happening or not going to happen?
>>
>>61363511
>morally superior
Nah, I just take the time to learn about the shit I'm arguing over before I throw my hat in the debate or show up at a voting booth like a moron.
>>
>>61359890
I came in through /b/ in 2007 and mostly browse /g/ and /k/. This whole thing is stupid because it's about "repealing" a regulation that never held legal force. Repealing it keeps status quo, letting it go into effect has benefits to net neutrality but opens a few other cans of worm.
>>
>>61363597
> This whole thing is stupid because it's about "repealing" a regulation that never held legal force

Yeah really makes you wonder why they want to get rid of it. Almost like they dislike the very notion of NN. Really makes you think.
>>
>>61359859
no, you fucking cunt. stop lying to push your agenda.
>>
>>61363638
Really makes you think why people want to keep it.
>>
>61363749
Bait this disgustingly obvious should be a bannable offense. You don't even deserve this (you)
>>
>>61363361
But it's not paying for what you use, it's spreading out of costs of things that everyone uses into different categories, so that they can hide a huge price, assuming you actually want the full internet.

If it was actually paying for what you use, I'd want probably 1 or two things from each category. No one uses Spotify and Pandora and Rhapsody and iTunes and whatever else is in there; they use one, maybe two.
>>
File: net neutrality1234.png (80KB, 921x270px) Image search: [Google]
net neutrality1234.png
80KB, 921x270px
Whoops. Attached the wrong one. Anyways Net Neutrality is a fucking joke. There is nothing wrong with the economy that the Free Market cannot fix.
>>
>61363835
>Still posting that screencap from /r/le_donald
>>
>hulu, netflix, espn, tv.com for 15$
where do I sign up?
>>
>>61363857
No, you don't actually get those services, you just get access to them, you still have to pay those companies for the service. (Except I guess you do get Hulu included for that price.)
>>
>>61363835
Pretty much exactly right. This brings up another point that a lot of people fail to grasp. They complain about there only being 1 or 2 ISP choices but fail to realize that local governments lock in 1 ISP for the entire city/town. They aren't allowing competition.
>>
>>61363835
>he thinks infrastructure will improve and companies will give up on their advantage if the govt takes their hands off em
such an innocent soul
>>
>>61361563
Wow, it's almost like leftists actually understand how good government restrains the worst aspects of capitalism and you're an autistic moron who shitposts fascist frog pngs on a lolicon board
>>
>>61363638
>Regulation has never held force
>If it doesn't somehow we'll end up in a corporate dystopia like the OP image
>>
>>61364036
>calls other people naïve
>thinks the government has his best interest at heart
>>
File: hobbes543.jpg (23KB, 366x400px) Image search: [Google]
hobbes543.jpg
23KB, 366x400px
>>61364085
No one has your best interest at heart. Read Hobbes kid.
>>
>>61364085
>thinks corporations will treat people better than the govt
>doesnt know how bureaucracy and image management works
>gets triggered by an insult directed to someone else
>>
>Governments can be changed by the people
>Corporations will only answer to those who will pay the most
>Yet people think that answering to corporations is the best option.
>>
>>61364134
Your girl lost.
>>
>>61363954
Too bad net neutrality and the legal status of the ISP oligarchy are two separate issues. Axing net neutrality while leaving that structure in place wont help anyone except the ISPs. Especially since those ISPs have land and cable line rights and those lines aren't actually public goods like a road, those oligarchies aren't getting broken up anytime soon, unless local governments illegally seize company property in order for the restructuring to occur.

So saying 'muh free market' and that 'people dont realize 1 ISP is locked in' wont fix the actual problems that come with net neutrality unless they are addressed first. And those definitely wont be addressed because again, its companies who have bought land and cable line rights that basically own an area. Those lines aren't a free market to compete on, and for them to become one, you'd actually have to introduce more legislation so that the big guys either have to share their toys, or that people are removed from their homes so that more competitors can get involved and lay down lines.
>>
If you were interesed in the core issue you will crying for more deregulation to help destroy the natural monopoly of Comcast & Co.
You don't want that the regulator entity is a three letter agency that has powers to control speech.
>>
>>61363325
ahahhahahha

>>61364144
Yeah, now get over it and start governing instead of going BUT HER EMAILS whenever Le Donald does something stupid.
>>
>>61364144
>He doesn't suck on corporate dick so he's gotta be a hillary voter
>>
>>61363835
since when is it okay to post screenshots from leddit? i want summerfags to go
>>
>>61364207
r/T_D is the only uncucked board there though.
>>
>>61359859
What key words should I use to block everything related to politics in my 4chanx filter? I all ready filter the words feminism SJW communism commie free market cuck trump drumpf drumpfkin liberal conservative tranny but I still get /pol/ teir threads leaking through.
>>
>>61363300
>[net neutrality is] net censorship
then why does the EFF support it?
>>
>>61364242
>MUH BASED BLACKMAN
>MUH ALT RIGHT
>MUH KEKISTAN EX DEE
>>
>>61364148
>those lines aren't actually public goods like a road,
Local telephone loops were subsidized by the government for many years. For a few years, any literally who that could afford to collocate a DSLAM with the switches had access to local loops and could sell DSL service to end users. The telecoms lobbied to take all that copper back and keep it for themselves. Ever wonder why those literally who DSL services basically don't exist anymore?

>>61364165
Actually, I really would like Democrat faithful to explain why they think it's okay for a private corporation to run a sham primary with public money and not get RICOed into nonexistence for it.
>>
>JOHN OLIVE
>>
>>61359938
> Forbes
You swine. Good God. That was some of the worst shilling I've ever read in my life.

From the article:
"If the telecoms are forced to compete in a truly free market, Comcast and Time Warner won’t exist 10 years from now."

I hope you're getting paid too, Anon, for how hard you're taking Comcast and Time Warner'dicks right now.
>>
>>61361693
lol people from /pol/ have been baiting you retards for the last few days and yo're all falling for it
>>
>>61364332
ITT:
young republifats practicing their dicksucking for their eventual futures as Congressional pages
>>
>>61364332
This. No one on 4chan seemed to care about this until John Oliver did his cuck piece on it.

Typical liberals. YOu only care about somethig becuase le Drumpf is involved. You do realize that we are going to keep winning rihtg? There is nothig you can do to stop us.
>>
>>61364361
Exactly. /pol/ is only ironically opposed to NN. It's all one big troll.
>>
>>61364242
>ebin cuckold meme
the cancer that is killing 4chan. I miss moot.
>>
>>61364371
Hey when Obongo was giving the root server away I was mad too. Turned out to be nothing but still I was mad.
>>
>>61359859
>/g/ is pro net neutrality, always has been, always will be

What a coincidence since /g/ is always retarded, always has been, always will be.

>Being pro NN
>implying Bezos and Zuckerberg want what is best for the internet

Fuck off botnet shills.
>>
>>61364390
>/pol/ is only ironically opposed to NN
Which in turn is bringing in faggots who unironically oppose it who think they're serious.
>>
>>61364420
>implying RMS is wrong
>implying EFF is wrong
no u
>>
>>61364420
Thats the only thing that worrys me about it. Why would google and amazon support net nuetrality if it was a bad thing for big companys.
>>
>>61364420
>What a coincidence since /g/ is always retarded, always has been, always will be.

This is true.
>go to g
>expect to find people discussing games nad video cards and phones
>instead its a bunch of people arguing over autistic shit like computer languages and supporting communist assholes like Stallman

DIsgsuting.
>>
>>61364422
/pol/ does everything ironically before doing it seriously, under the law of Thinking They Are In Good Company
>>
>>61364449
Their interests do occasionally align with ours, as surprising as that may be.

>>61364456
bye /pol/
>>
>>61364449
They like the status quo. Also they don't want to have to pay telecoms any special fees.
>>
>>61360032
>swallows Comcast's load
>can't even read the rules
You make me want to vomit.

>>>/out/
>>
>>61364456
If stallman is communism then communism is good.
>>
>>61364468
Aren't regular fees enough?
>>
>>61364449
See:
https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Double_Paid_Traffic/en

ISPs can pull a jew on other corporate, not just the customers. As an example they can demand google $1m a year to provide good peering nodes for youtube traffic.
>>
File: IMG_20170711_155322.jpg (38KB, 518x353px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170711_155322.jpg
38KB, 518x353px
>tfw there are people being given gureato arguments against nn, and they still cannot pull the shill co. pumping tubes out their cunts.
>>
>>61364491
this. newfags needs to go.
>>
>>61359927
because you're retarded and actually fall for it
>>
>Trump is the government
>SJWs are private corporations that can censor content as they please to satisfy advertisers
>Net Neutrality is bad
Conservative """logic"""
>>
>>61364242
>epitome of the safespace
>uncucked
>>
>>61364561
It will kill off the internet bubble, which is good because it will help take money away from stupid degenerate shit in SV and move it towards middle America instead. The days of the liberal coasts dominating the economy are over.
>>
>>61359911
>allowing companies to destroy competitors through crony capitalist means is the "free market"

learn what that word means you fucking retard lmao
>>
>>61364300
>he telecoms lobbied to take all that copper back and keep it for themselves. Ever wonder why those literally who DSL services basically don't exist anymore?
They dont exist anymore because they felt the power of the free market in an environment where they dont have a right to use the basic necessities they need to function as a utilities company.
Ergo, in order for the free market to even open back up so that small guys can compete, there paradoxically needs to be more laws introduced to regulate the big guys no longer having exclusive rights over their toys and they may possibly either need to be convinced into sharing them in exchange for government subsidies, or have their lines seized and repurposed as a public good. Either way, it doesn't end well when either the goverment's pockets dry up or the provider decides they want to play the role of sole provider instead of sharing resources, and that's why we are where we are now.

This very quickly turns into an issue of limited land space for future development, and a problem where existing ISPs have no obligation to allow new competitors to link into their lines and send their traffic through. A new guy can enter the market all he wants and even build lines in the corner of the state if he wants. He wont be able to come to your house and set up utilities if hes not allowed to either use the existing lines or lay new lines down in your area.

A lot of things can be regulated by the free market. Goods and services like grocery items and car washes are fine and dandy, but internet services, and utilities in general with explicit land rights can't adhere to the principles of the free market unless the local lines used for connection (be they electric lines, sewer pipes, cable lines, etc) are publicly shared. Otherwise its us trying to convince someone to share what they have so others can utilize it as a market while we all hope the resource owner doesnt decide just take the job over themselves.
>>
>>61363460
>Majority of the world has no net neutrality laws
Either because they are too poor and don't have much internet infastructure or they simply don't bother with such a notion because they already know that internet freedom is good for everyone?
>>
>>61361563
not mentioned: the 44 isps outside the cabal of giants who are only pushing this through to crush fair competition

in a free market, companies are allowed to compete on a level playing field. removing net neutrality is putting a thumb on the scale of the free market.

this doesn't benefit anyone other than the biggest 3 or 4 US ISPs. It doesn't even benefit most of the employees of those ISPs. It pretty much benefits the upper management of about 3 or 4 american companies by allowing them to unfairly destroy their competition.

i don't understand how private citizens can be against net neutrality. it boggles the mind.
>>
>>61364598
>goverment's pockets dry up
No monetary sovereign can ever run out of their own currency.
>>>/pol/
>>
>>61364581
Christ the number of ancap shills I've seen on /pol/ arguing that we need to get rid of net neutrality to increase market competition when it actually sucker punches and possibly destroys half the tech sector for the sake of a bunch of monopolist corporations who've BOUGHT their market regulations and monopoly positions is INCREDIBLE.

I'm thoroughly 100% convinced that ancaps literally don't give a flying fuck about free markets and are basically just greedy jews.
>>
>>61363460
>>Yet nothing like your pic has ever happened, ever, anywhere
>what is South Korea
???
http://www.azimuthblog.com/2016/07/some-thoughts-on-net-neutrality/
???
https://blog.cloudflare.com/bandwidth-costs-around-the-world/
???

y'know /pol/ actually used to be funny, but it's just plain retarded post-gamergate
>>
net neutrality is gonna get btfo whether anyone likes it or not, Shillary was literally setup and ready to kill it as soon as she would have entered office, literally Libcucks from Reddit are just trying to put all the blame on Republicans now even though such an action requires both parties as our fucking Democracy obviously mandates, if you actually know how the government passes bills
>>
>>61364630
Yeah but a provider can decide that what they receive in subsidies isn't worth playing the host of a market. Printing infinite money until it gets devalued to the point where its worth less than Monopoly money definitely doesn't help that
>>
>>61364652
>muh pol strawman
very convincing you retard. That will surely persuade people
>>
File: 9.png (170KB, 1891x282px) Image search: [Google]
9.png
170KB, 1891x282px
>>61364067
Natsocs are in favor of net neutrality though.

It's not the fascists against it, it's the fucking anarchist retards.
>>
>>61359859
> implying
I don't see why you can't just use QoS if net neutrality goes through.

Companies have been churning out absolute dogshit recently, so I'd rather the government have some control versus the companies.

You can change the government relatively easily; the Jews in charge of the companies, not so much.
>>
>>61364671
>refuted an obvious /pol/tard's claim with evidence
>strawman
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man
>>
>>61364571
Except that aren't over. The Midwest is a cluster fuck of inbred Hicks feeding off of a failing infrastructure that they refuse to repair even with federal government aid, and their economies are basically completely worthless providing almost zero manufacturing, tech startups or even proper power generation because of the "le coal" meme Trump is trying to push.

You want to be a professional and make money in the Midwest? Either vote Democrat to force lasting change and repair to the infrastructure which will generate jobs and revenue and pull more people into the state, or fucking move to a state with a better economy.
>>
>>61364684
Are you retarded? You can stop using a company tomorrow if you want, government not so much
>>
>>61363460
The places in the world that don't have net neutrality laws in general don't have massive monopolistic ISPs. Everywhere in the western world has net neutrality. India has net neutrality. China does not have net neutrality. You must know what net neutrality means by now or you wouldn't be posting here, so there's basically three options that explain your post:

1) You're a CEO, CFO, CTO, COO or CIO of a major American telecomms conglomerate.
2) You don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
3) You're just baiting.
>>
/(a|the) free[ -]market/i

>>61364657
>Yeah but a provider can decide that what they receive in subsidies isn't worth playing the host of a market
Then the government can do it themselves, contrary to your religion that government cannot and therefore must not provide direct material benefits to its citizens, a proposition unheard of before neoliberalism. They can print money to call upon labor to build that network directly. It worked to build the phone system so far.

>>61364684
>Jews
/pol/ unironically plans to be among them someday.

>>61364702
>Democrat
Why not just kill all the neoliberals and fix the problem once and for all? Anyone voting for either of the major parties sucks corporate dick.
>>
>>61364706
Do you even understand how the internet works?
Read up on how peering works before calling others on a tech board a retard.
>>
File: ancap dominos543.png (672KB, 495x960px) Image search: [Google]
ancap dominos543.png
672KB, 495x960px
>>61364706
> You can stop using a company tomorrow if you want

I literally cannot stop using Comcast in my area.
>>
>>61364743
stop using the internet
>>
>>61364734
said the retard who doesn't know that QoS only applied to outbound traffic. Go back to redddit fag
>>
>>61359859
>doesn't know anything about /pol/ meta

/pol/ literally turned on Trump like 2-3 months ago during the Assad airstrike incident
>>
File: ca4.jpg (126KB, 600x688px) Image search: [Google]
ca4.jpg
126KB, 600x688px
>>61364542
>artificially keep data caps low
>ISP provides streaming options that don't count toward data cap.
You seem to be ok with this.
>>
>>61363954
> fail to realize that local governments lock in 1 ISP for the entire city/town.
"the problem is the government, not crony capitalism"

>There is nothing wrong with the economy that the Free Market cannot fix.
net neutrality provides the level playing field required for the free market to thrive.

Big telecoms companies are leaning on the government (crony capitalism) to give them an unfair advantage against smaller competitors (i.e. the 44 smaller ISPs that are against the repeal of net neutrality). This is nothing to do with "the price of netflix" and everything to do with this statement:

Do you believe that, in a truly free market, large companies should be able to unfairly rig the system against smaller competitors?

It's like /pol/ has never heard of fucking antitrust laws, it's so far beyond retarded these people don't know that they shilling against the very thing they claim to love.
>>
File: 1371041650663.jpg (25KB, 314x295px) Image search: [Google]
1371041650663.jpg
25KB, 314x295px
>>61359911
Fuck off. /g/ supports FOSS and open-source everything, not your libertarian "muh free market/everything should be a commodity" jewish agenda.
>>
>>61364723
Kill all the neoliberals and kill all of the hardcore conservative career politicians.

I agree that the extreme ends of the political spectrum are retarded which is why I consider myself populist left. Government should serve the people first and that means keeping the evils of unchecked capitalism and socialism at bay.
>>
>>61364706
Murica's got Jews on every company and gubmint position so they wouldn't be able to change much even if they wanted to.
>>
>>61364792
Which is why trumplings and the Donald posters are scrambling to other boards on 4chan and Reddit.
>>
>>61364723
>Then the government can do it themselves, contrary to your religion that government cannot and therefore must not provide direct material benefits to its citizens, a proposition unheard of before neoliberalism. They can print money to call upon labor to build that network directly.
So you're suggesting that the guys in Washington will actually introduce more legislation so they can pay money to create a network for utilities and maintain the market? Get the fuck outta here. Not to mention, imagine how shitty that network would be compared to what we are already dealing with. Lastly, again, what happens when the government decides to just keep the network for themselves and directly tax the citizens for use, like we do with roads? Then its not very much of a free market, is it?

Also
>It worked to build the phone system so far.
The phone system was the work of many small groups coming together, linking networks, and expanding with time with some government subsidies to promote development. The government did not build and own our phone system, and the modern cell network is definitely privately owned. Today's landline ISP situation is an entirely different beast. These lines are already laid down. These lines are already owned. The government can't just walk in and start setting up utilities unless they want to have some suits in their lobbies. They also wont do anywhere near as good of a job.

There are some things the free market cant fix. This is one of them.
>>
>>61364806
>> fail to realize that local governments lock in 1 ISP for the entire city/town.
lies
>>
>>61364757
what u smokin bud
>>
>>61364706
Are you fucking retarded? You have the power to potentially change government policy if you don't like it, while doing so in a corporation is much, much harder.

Not only that, but a government normally has their citizen's (and their own, I guess) interests in mind, while a corporation normally has only their own, and fuck everyone else.
>>
>>61364813
the funny thing is, if they actually truly understood what a "free market" meant, they'd be pro-net-neutrality.

How can you call a market "free" when lobbyists have rigged it so that only one ISP choice is allowed per town and, once these net neutrality laws are repealed, weight the system unfairly in your favour in innumerable other ways?
>>
>>61364877
> fail to realize that this is on behest of the ISPs and is the literal definition of crony capitalism over free markets
what do you think the $40,000,000+ in ISP lobbying dollars go towards lmao
>>
>>61359911
getting rid of net neutrality is like privatizing roads and selling them to companies and allowing them to decide who is allowed to drive on them.
>>
>>61364874
to continue on your point, people forget that the internet itself was developed with public money and only handed over to private interests once companies realised that it could be monetised. How could an open system, beholden to no one company, be developed privately? If the internet was developed and released by a single company, what do you people that would look like?
>>
>>61364874
>The phone system was the work of many small groups coming together
1/10 made me reply
now fuck off back to /pol/
>>
>>61364945
Most of the time, the local government does not even own the poles around their town. Pretty much only limited to blocking trenching.
>>
All of you dumb fucking ancap libertarians that got shoo'd away from /pol/ can fuck right off back there. Think about where you are right now niggers. This is Stallman-land. We support FOSS, which stands for free, open-source software. Not your "everything is a commodity/privatize everything" corporate shilling horseshit.
>>
>>61364987
it's worse than that -- it would mean privatising the roads by handing 99% of them over to 4 major road construction/maintenance companies, who would then have a vested interest in making the usage of existing roads as difficult as possible for any new road construction companies that might have new innovations or less exploitative business models than they do. Anyone can see what this then means in turn.
>>
>>61364895
Because to unironic ancaps, trumplings, and alt-right sperglords, any sort of government interaction with business is "bad" for the free market and hinders progress, when in reality it's completely fucking necessary for an even playing field and a functioning free market because of the way larger corporate entities can have direct influence on smaller service providers that has NOTHING to do with cost or quality of service.

They read a high school/community college economics textbook on "muh free market" and the absolute endless wonders of unregulated capitalism and decide that it just works so well (when in reality it's almost never a real thing and every government on the planet has to step in to keep capitalism from being detrimental and damaging) that they actively ignore any aspect of socialism or government regulation no matter how successful it is in creating a free market. All while screeching "muh free market" while waiting for the Tyson chicken tenders to finish microwaving, preemptively squirting barbeque sauce on the plate and phone posting on /g/ with the other hand.
>>
>>61359859
I wouldn't give a shit about net neutrality if there weren't local monopolies all over the country. Do you guys understand what happens to a free market when there is a monopoly and the only restriction on it is lifted?
>>
>>61365107
Yeah, it gets even worse.
>>
>>61365107
It... Becomes more of a problem and suddenly I'm paying $10 a gig like on my phone plan?
>>
File: 1int.jpg (100KB, 303x311px) Image search: [Google]
1int.jpg
100KB, 303x311px
>>61359859

In America, we argue over who pays the monopoly broadband provider, instead of breaking up the monopoly.

In China, they're teleporting stuff into space.

You know we can't coast on that lead WWII gave us forever, right?
>>
>>61365185
America is dying. It will probably start WWIII as its empire reaches the breaking point. Also Finance is stealing all the good STEMlords and leaving only the opportunists who care more about business than actual research.
>>
>implying /g/ doesn't want a /cyberpunk/ future
i want my neo-noir /cyb/ future already. give corporate overlords moar power!!! amirite
>>
>>61365212
Except it won't be like Blade Runner or Ghost in the Shell, it'll be like Elysium.
>>
File: ccd.png (191KB, 477x768px) Image search: [Google]
ccd.png
191KB, 477x768px
>>61359911
Get gassed with your kike masters, ancap.
>>
>>61363114
You can safely ignore anything said by anyone with a trump hat plus anime girl picture.
>>
>>61359859
>>61359890
I have to agree here. I voted for trump and as much as I dislike parts of net neutrality he is fucking wrong as fuck here.
Having any safeguard in place to stop the telecom Jews from getting any more power is better than no safeguard. Fucking telecoms have way too much power anyway Comcast practically OWNS the biggest parts of the fake news empire trump is a fucking idiot for not seeing he his helping his own enemies if he strikes net neutrality.
>>
>>61364371
Pretty much. They take what the comedians pass off to them as news in a "funny" way and think they are educated and are without a doubt right without giving it a second thought.
>>
>>61364642
>monopolist corporations who've bought their market regulations
>then let's create MORE regulations
This is what you sound like.

>>61365342
>>61365055
Fundamentaly wrong. Ancap/libertarianism is about removing institutional power from corporations.
>>
>>61365537
How, exactly?

Let's pretend the government just vanished tomorrow and corporations were all that was left. You call that a free-market? I don't fucking WANT a free-market if it means living as a slave to private stakeholders.
>>
>>61365563
Libertarian brutalists are pants on head retarded and even I admit that. But you're being extremely naïve if you don't think the same corporations that are going to have a say in every related decision, including net neutrality itself.
>>
>>61360015
I hope posts like this serve as a reminder to everyone that /pol/ is basically a cancer on this site and has been for some time now.
>>
>>61364743
Local governments often create a monopoly for one ISP. Take it up with your city.
>>
>>61365535
replace "comedians" with "/pol/" or "the top voted post on the trump subreddit" then you have your typical /pol/ poster. don't be delusional, pseuds are everywhere.
>>
File: laughing wehrmacht girls.jpg (77KB, 750x390px) Image search: [Google]
laughing wehrmacht girls.jpg
77KB, 750x390px
>>61365537
If you're market-inclined there's an order of operations involved to attain maximum freedumbs. Instead of killing net neutrality, why not try to kill the law that makes it illegal to start new ISPs? Or break the existing ISPs up? When those measures are taken it might be a better idea to kill net neutrality.

>>61365563
Jeffrey Cucker please go, Cantwell is the only remotely tolerable lolberg that I know of.
>>
>>61365606
Net neutrality law already exists.
>>
>>61365625
Wait, you're not Cucker, >>61365606 is.
>>
>>61365610
BOTH are the problem, not one or the other.

Getting rid of net neutrality also does NOTHING to solve the actual problem with the market monopolies.
>>
>>61364877
Don't embarrass yourself. Please.
http://www.wired.com/2013/07/we-need-to-stop-focusing-on-just-cable-companies-and-blame-local-government-for-dismal-broadband-competition/amp/
>>
Non American here, what's going on?
>>
File: sensible chuckle.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
sensible chuckle.gif
993KB, 250x250px
>>61365640
B-but we have to deregulate everything! Who cares in what order we do it, potentially enabling even more Jewish, anti-freedom behavior on the part of the corporate oligarchy, any deregulation is good deregulation!
>>
>>61365656
One set of Jews (tech companies) are using the state to keep down another set of Jews (ISPs). What the first set of Jews want is somewhat more optimal for the goyim.
>>
>>61364895
By your logic, net neutrality is just a bandaid. Fix the local governments then and you will have multiple ISPs.
>>
>>61365673
>dude just remove the bandage before the wound is healed you trust your body right
>>
>>61365046
The angst is real.
>>
>>61365625
>why not try to kill the law that makes it illegal to start new ISPs? Or break the existing ISPs up? When those measures are taken it might be a better idea to kill net neutrality
I see nothing wrong with this. Just don't act like Net Neutrality is a positive thing by itself. It's akin to a bandaid, as the other anon said.

>Jeffrey Tucker
He's pretty bad.
>>
>>61365107
Why wouldn't you fix the actual problem then... the monopoly?
>>
>>61365708
They don't think that far into a problem, don't stress their minds anon.
>>
>>61363161
even a broken clock is right twice a day
>>
>>61365625
What does breaking up ISPs have to do with net neutrality though?
I completely agree, tier 1 ISPs need to be cut up into smaller competitors, but that's a separate issue.
>>
>>61364242
> Rule III: Racism and Anti-Semitism will not be tolerated. You have been warned.
>>
>>61365891
And yet they only really care about anti-Semitism. Really makes you think.
>>
>>61365708
The ISPs already basically agree amongst themselves not to compete in many locations. Would breaking them up even change this?
>>
>>61365673
That doesn't follow. Net neutrality being a solution for one problem doesn't mean that the other problems shouldn't be fixed, your logic doesn't work at all.
>>
>>61365501
>Thinking they are actual enemies

You're as retarded as he is.
>>
>>61365708
>>61365814
>why don't you ignore this thing which will make an even more monopolistic monopoly and try and fix the monopoly a different way which i have chosen not to specify instead of just trying to not make the monopoly more monopolistic in the way that you specified
do you people even think at all
>>
>>61363161
i long for the days i saw the world in such simple terms.
>>
>>61363460
>Yet nothing like your pic has ever happened, ever, anywhere
It has to a limited extent. Some mobile phone carriers give preferential treatment to some services by exempting them from data metering.

Examples:
http://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile/flexible-plans/free-whatsapp-facebook-messenger.html
https://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/sim-social-hero.html
https://www.chatsim.com/
https://www.freetel.jp/prepaid/
>>
>>61363436
is there really only one electric company in america? christ there's healthy competition between plenty of energy suppliers in the UK, and healthy competition between plenty of ISPs.

We have ISPs that offer package phone/tv/internet deals, we have ISPs that offer next day delivery & setup, we have ISPs that compete on prices, or speed, or customer service.

although the UK is much further from a free market than the US, the setup here for internet and utilities is closer to what a free market should be; regulated to the extent where companies are competing on a level playing field.
>>
>>61365537
>regulating against companies buying regulations in their favour is just MORE regulation!
this is what you sound like

>Fundamentaly wrong. Ancap/libertarianism is about removing institutional power from corporations.
it's always very vague on how this actually happens, though, and how it doesn't just turn into outright corporate warfare, sabotage, exploitative monopolies and rampant antitrust. ancaps always get quiet when asked to explain that bit.
>>
>>61366236
They don't.
>>
>>61363511
>Your so morally superior
>Your

Another product of conservative education movement.
>>
>>61365708
yes I agree but this is the wrong order. You don't give the monopoly more power then fix it. You fix it then give it more power.
>>
>>61363161
>bernie
>bad
>>
File: 1425062854875.jpg (87KB, 820x764px) Image search: [Google]
1425062854875.jpg
87KB, 820x764px
>>61366771
>fix monopoly
>give monopoly more power
hurr?
>>
/pol/ got absolutely cleaned up in this thread
>>
/g/ got absolutely cleaned up in this thread
>>
>Libertarians thinking, net neutrality destroys the free market
Destroying net neutrality would actually help create oligopolies. Sure, YouTube, Hulu and Netflix can pay the protection money, but the small startup can't. It won't succeed if the videos load slow as fuck or have a worse quality to compensate.

America deserves everything that happens to it.
>>
>>61363460

The EU has passed laws in favor of net neutrality since last year. Almost all of Europe has net neutrality laws.

Nice bait.
>>
>>61363835
>bandwidth is a finite resource
>>
>>61363161
ah to be 13 again
>>
https://heavy.com/news/2017/07/donald-trump-supporters-conned-into-opposing-net-neutrality/
>>
FREE MARKET WILL FIX IT
>>
There is kind of an interesting thing in that the net isn't really at all neutral, as soon as data crosses a border it's open game for whatever agency, and they'll even try to direct it over a border if it gets close enough
>>
>>61359859
>implying /pol/ is against NN

Rightwing sites are going to be the first getting their bandwidth killed for (((reasons))). TD fags are not rightwing btw
>>
>>61363283
>more efficient data exchange methods are created
>"IT CAN BE USED FOR BAD THINGS TOO, SHUT IT DOWN OY VEY"
fuck off retard. we'd be in the stone age today if people like you had their way
Thread posts: 210
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.