[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, I have decided that I would like to pursue some certifications

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: gcga.jpg (14KB, 188x268px) Image search: [Google]
gcga.jpg
14KB, 188x268px
Hey guys,
I have decided that I would like to pursue some certifications to further my knowledge and career in IT.
I have about 5 years experience in the repair field, which is seriously starting to get boring.
I also have experience in installing wireless networks, running cat5, Active Directory, windows, linux, mac, unix.
Anyway, I know a guy who is the hiring manager for a defense contractor on Fort Huachuca in AZ.
The job requires Security+ (SY0-401) as an entry into the job, and network+ within 6 months of being hired.

Right now I have purchased the study guide from Darril Gibson and i am actively studying and want to take my test by
September 10th.

TLDR - What methods should I be using to study for this test besides Darril Gibsons books?
Also any tips about the test I should look out for?

Thanks in advance!
>>
>>61355413
>Security+

Bud you might want to do at least Network+ and A+ certs before attempting security+. You'll come out wheeping unless you just memorize everything on the test.
>>
>>61355460
I already have A+
>>
>>61355486
>>61355486
If that's the case I recommend professor Messer. Just Google him he has a shit ton of vids
>>
>>61355531
Alright great!
Thank you.
>>
>>61355540
No problem gl on it and then take Linux + too so you don't become too normie
>>
>>61355460
Not necessarily, I got sec+ without the other two. As long as you study OP you should be fine
>>
OP here,
Sorry it wasn't Network+ that was required after 60 days,
It's CEH.
>>
>>61355637
OP here.
What did you use to study?
>>
>>61355413
OP you picked the right book to study from. Anything by Darril Gibson will get you through the exam. All I did to prep for the exam after a years gap between study was do his online practice questions a few times.

Passed with points to spare. Study the book, maybe do the online questions if you feel like paying a little extra, and youll pass 100%. Everyone who used it in my CNT class swears by it.
>>
>>61355667
I used the exact same book you posted. Darril Gibson knows his stuff. You'll be fine.
>>
>>61355413
IT is shit. it's boring as fuck. especially security, unless you're a pentester/researcher.

Become a developer. Believe me it' so much better in every way.

t. Security expert for 4 years
>>
>>61355413
What type of tard company places Sec+ over Net+? Net+ is easier and Sec+ covers pretty much the same shit with security on top.

>>61358391
This guys gotta be trolling or he didn't do sec right. If you really like developing, you can do it ib sec just fine, without the bullshit of combing through and updating old ass code bases for hours on end because that's pretty much all entry level dev work is. Unless those hipster startups make it exciting somehow, I wouldn't know.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.