[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Say you have a GPU in need of upgrade. >would you buy a second

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Say you have a GPU in need of upgrade.
>would you buy a second one for SLI/CFX
>or sell the old one and buy a new card for the same cash former second hand + former, new
What about any 2 cards versus a new one for their sum worth?
>>
I'd just buy a new mid-range one. It supports newer technologies and is more power efficient.
Buying another old card would probably be cheaper, but the PSU needs to be powerful enough to accommodate it.
Also, from what I understand the multi-GPU performance really varies depending on your use case
>>
>>61351516

Never SLI or CF before you already have the fastest GPU on the market.

Specs look good with SLI/CF but it has all kinds of nuisances.

> (Micro)stutters
> Lagging when moving around in games
> Power consumption
> It's loud. What? IT'S LOUD!
> Your whole built will suffer from higher temps.

Don't do this. It sucks. Doesn't matter what brand.
>>
I went the cfx way, needless to say shit was NOT cash. Some games did pretty well, but most of them were so problematic (stuttering, crashes, gpu utilization under 50%) i just ended up using one gpu. Also consider the thermals, my old case what a shitshow of fans thoroughly set up and it still sounded like a vacuum cleaner.
Also you need a REALLY good cpu to make good use of cfx/sli.

If you can, sell the old one and get a new one.
>>
>>61351606
CPU? Huh, that's new. Why?
>>
Overspent on sli 1080 tis, I'm 50/50 on it, seeing as how the games I mainly play support it (wildlands, overwatch, pubg, bf1), and I'm getting solid performance in other games with my pg279q.

The simplicity of using a new titan xp for a gain of 15% in non SLI games is very appealing, but the the ability to max a lot of games that appeal to me at 120+ fps is really nice
>>
As it is currently, no, because my 750 Ti has no SLI finger.
Theoretically, if I had a GTX 660, then yes, I probably would go for SLI as opposed to a better single card. Mainly because they're still a decent performer, and they're pretty cheap now.
>>
>>61351516
Fucking gaymen niggers
Only use AMD because of muh open source drivers for linux
>>
As a previous owner of a dual-GPU setup I can safely say I will not make the same mistake again.
>>
>>61351824
You enjoy the performance of a GPU 2 tiers below?
>>
>>61351516
Definitely sell the old one and put the money towards a single card solution
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.