[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will net neutrality be feasible once we hit 5g/IOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: ass.jpg (62KB, 940x627px) Image search: [Google]
ass.jpg
62KB, 940x627px
Will net neutrality be feasible once we hit 5g/IOT
>>
>>61341879
Well we probably wont reach those speeds if we continue with net neutrality. NN prevents competition and slows down any advancements and innovation in the internet sector. It's already in an ISPs best interest to treat data equally unless they want to lose subscribers. NN is just a useless regulation that gives the government more power over the internet.
>>
>>61343077
>treat data equally unless they want to lose subscribers
Who will they lose them to?
Name me more than two ISPs in your local area you can get service from.
>>
>>61343117
That is a legitimate argument.
However, from my experience being a high speed Comcast/Xfinity subscriber that torrents daily, I haven't been throttled. Around 2015 and early 2016 I used to get noticeable drops in download speed but it seems they've come to their senses and since then ive never gotten throttled which only proves my point. Its not economically advantageous to throttle internet speeds for any reason because if they do enough people will find out and they'll have to stop, and ESPECIALLY if they're the only major isp in the area because they'd be the ones getting all the business.
>>
>>61343077
this is such a bullshit argument. Net neutrality isn't stifling innovation, the monopolistic stranglehold on the telecom industry is. Why the fuck should an internet company want to innovate and invest in infrastructure when they are literally the only choice for 90% of americans? Waste of money for them. Google fiber is a prime example of a company who tried to invest in infrastructure and innovate the ISP industry, but they were cock blocked at every fuckin turn by comcast/time warner/etc. Net neutrality has absolutely nothing to do with infrastructure, it simply says that ISPs need to provide equal access to all internet traffic, big or small.
>>
>>61343077
Look at Denmark, they dont even have any equivalent of our FCC, and they don't have federally enforced net neutrality rules and they have one of the best telecommunications systems in the world. Look it up. We dont need net neutrality.
>>
I can remember when everyone on this board was a fierce defender of net neutrality.
You know, like, back before Trump.
What happened?
>>
>>61343077
>NN is in ISPs best interest
>law that requires NN is somehow bad

Something does not add up here
>>
>>61343354
russian botnet in full faggot force
>>
>>61343354
Windows users should be banned, watch their shitposting go on an instant decline.
>>
>>61343356
You don't need to require something ISPs already do. Also, under NN zero rated services are deemed illegal. Zero rated services are like when t-mobile offers a competitive incentive by allowing unlimited data while streaming music from Pandora or watching movies/videos on Netflix or YouTube. Under net neutrality thats considered illegal.
>>
>>61343342
>they don't have federally enforced net neutrality
Yeah, because EU already does that.

That's like saying that your local district has no laws against hanging niggers.
>>
>>61343282
>if they do enough people will find out and they'll have to stop,
They have no reason to.
There is no law, no repercussions, and no group of private citizens can hope to force them.
They will do so if given the chance.

Who else will you go to?
>>
>>61343407
it's a slippery fuckin slope. "unlimited data while using Pandora!" can transform pretty quickly into "pay extra to use anything but Pandora!". If you don't think ISPs would do that, you should read more news.. they've tried to do it again, and again, and again... NN has thrown the book at many an ISP for their bullshit. latest instance I can think of is League of Legends suing ISPs for throttling traffic to their servers unless they paid more money.
>>
>>61343077
That doesn't follow at all, wtf are you on? You didn't even make an argument, just a unrelated series of assertions.
Reported for spambot.
>>
>>61343407
>thats considered illegal

And for good fucking reason. Good luck getting your new streaming platform started when everyone only gets spotify in their data plan.
That's actually preventing competition. NN will allow equal opportunity for everyone.
>>
>>61341879
>5g/IOT
Can you imagine what happens after a major power outage?
Millions of iot devices scrambling to re-establish their pseudo persistent connections to wherever is monitoring them, who-knows-how-many content-delivery boxen trying to log into their VPNs and all those noobs refreshing their screens having lost their instant gratification.
For a little while, net-neutrality might not seem like a good idea.
>>
>>61343354
r/the_donald
>>
>>61343354
I like Donald Trump but he is definitely wrong on net neutrality. Sad!
>>
>>61343077
T. Im a /pol tard/ T_D and i am brainwashed to believe all regulations stifle innovation and prevents competition, and i did not ever search a wiki on net neutrality and decided to speak out of my ass.

> It's already in an ISPs best interest to treat data equally unless they want to lose subscribers.

It has not stopped them from lying out their ass and behind the scenes throttling connections because it interfered with competition the thing you Republicans love to preach about so much which ironically is the opposite of what you support.

>NN is just a useless regulation that gives the government more power over the internet.

How so? It only says that basically all connections are treated equal, that is it. These arguments are just mumbling generalizations of republican rhetoric.
>>
>>61343282
>ts not economically advantageous to throttle internet speeds for any reason because if they do enough people will find out and they'll have to stop, and ESPECIALLY if they're the only major isp in the area because they'd be the ones getting all the business.

You seem to forget we have a MONOPOLY here, there are only two choices and the ISPS have prevented competition even Google tried with Fiber and it failed miserably because the ISP's prevented that with stalling legislation.
>>
>>61343354
Redditor influx and people being influenced by memes. It'll die down when being a redneck isn't cool anymore.
>>
>>61343354
The_Donald honestly the fucking Reddit invasion has really fucked with this site a lot to where it has become worse and we will have to deal with teenagers with the "lel im so funneh XD XD XD" posts.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.