[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

people always say php is bad why is it bad and what should i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1499383801864.jpg (66KB, 821x821px) Image search: [Google]
1499383801864.jpg
66KB, 821x821px
people always say php is bad why is it bad and what should i learn another language instead for web development
>>
>>61340770
We have two whole generals for these questions
>>
>>61340770
sorry i've never been on this board before kek
>>
>>61340770
because js and css are the only things you need rn to make a good website. If you use a lot of database maybe php is worth.

Btw. WebAssembly is going to be the next thing in the upcoming years.
>>
php might be bad but there is no good replacement. And employers will anyway hire you if you know php.
>>
>>61340813
>>>61340770 (OP)
>because js and css are the only things you need rn to make a good website.

All websites should just be .txt files.
>>
>>61340813
Spotted the know nothing hipster.

OP, you need an idea before you can develop something. Don't get lost in. All not the buzzword framework monkeys. PHP is powerful if you're focused and careful. Just because Wordpress and PHPBB are basket cases doesn't mean PHP is bad or your project will be bad.
>>
>>61340866
for job opportunites what do youthink will have more job opportunites learning php or somethinglike c++ or java i sort of want to go into software development rather than web stuff but ive seen alot of web development places which seem easier to get into
>>
>>61340770
Every time I see that loli I think of the scene where she almost got laid and Tohru just had to be a cock-blocking bitch.

Anyway, since you know PHP I assume you've been using the LAMP stack for web development up until now, which isn't bad but there are more modern ways to approach it. Set aside some time to learn about various JavaScript stacks, maybe start MEAN and go from there.
>>
>>61340904
Definitely work in web dev for a year or two while working on a few side-projects in C++, then start applying for more serious software development jobs.
>>
>>61340904
Unless you're in California, most of the job openings are going to be JavaScript web bullshit. C# and SQL are great languages to learn to build stuff on your own. PHP is good to know if you're doing online projects or need to be work with ecommerce.

The industry is a real PajeetFest. People whine about shitty software and then they either hire Pajeet or force developers to follow Pajeet's "best practice" so they can enjoy more of it. Do whatever you want on your own time because that's the only way you'll get ahead.
>>
>>61341160
Sorry, Pajeets write the spell checkers on these phones so I guess Engrish isn't as bad as what we could get out of them.
>>
>>61340770
php is bad bacause it is hard to make secure.
Web devs are notorious for being unprofessional, mostly because they lack education and don't seem to care about making good software.
>>
>>61340770
php is deprecated, everyone is using webasm now.
>>
>>61341011
i know very little php in my a level course we were tuaght how to setup a small sql database and have a website with logins
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.