[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any compelling reason to use Windows 7 or 8 over th

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: windows 10.png (50KB, 535x535px) Image search: [Google]
windows 10.png
50KB, 535x535px
Is there any compelling reason to use Windows 7 or 8 over this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Piracy/comments/6dvkbt/full_guide_installing_activating_windows_10_ltsb/
>>
>>61340392
UI is more pleasing, Directx12 and thats it. Really. Oh, also you lose all privacy.
>>
Why do all the shills use the exact same 49.9 kb png
>>
>>61340503
linuxfag detected
>>
>>61340535
Because Macs don't exist kek
>>
>>61340392
Yeah. Not having to do all that shit for example.
>>
>>61340554
>implying that mac users aren't shills either
>>
>>61340418
>UI more pleasing
You must be blind. It's literally worse than aero in every way.
>>
You nee*d back to go back leddit and never come back.
>>
>>61340392
I did this to my windows 7 machine and it works fine. It runs better than windows 7 ran, but that could just be my machine and you can just download some of the suggested shit to block the botnet trash.
>>
>>61340731
>opinion
>>
>>61340418
>Oh, also you lose all privacy.

That's why you use LTSB
>>
>>61340503
It's the only one Microsoft has provided and approved forward use in shill activities.
>>
File: Windows-10.png (2MB, 807x6544px) Image search: [Google]
Windows-10.png
2MB, 807x6544px
>>61342189
Obligatory
>>
>>61343270
Still better than every other OS
>>
>>61340392
Some drivers won't work under w8. I'm using w7 on my thinkpad t400 because of the switchable graphics thing.
>>
>>61340392
Smoother and more efficient than 7, though older games run like ass and spying. Just install Linux Mint instead
>>
>>61345490
Linux Mint has many problems:

Linux Mint mixes Ubuntu and Debian packages
Due to the mix of Debian and Ubuntu packages, when an update is released that breaks Mint, the maintainers blacklist it until it works again, even if it is a security upgrade. (Note: they don't try to fix it, they just blacklist it)
Mint doesn't publish CVEs, and you can't check if you are vulnerable because you don't know where a certain package came from.
When one of their packages has the same name as a upstream package, they block the package and replace it with theirs. For example, the package mdm contains Utilities for single-host parallel shell scripting, however, in Linux Mint (and only Linux Mint), the mdm package is the Mint Display Manager(aka a clone of gdm).
Security updates are optional.
By default, using the Update Manager, you won't get updates for critical parts of the system(xorg, systemd, kernel), even security updates.
The use of old kernels means that newer hardware isn't supported

You will probably have a better time with Ubuntu(or any other distro) MATE or by installing Cinnamon on Ubuntu(we really need a Ubuntu Cinnamon Spin) than with Linux Mint.
>>
>>61340418
In a msdn article from 2013
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn482072.aspx

"Scope of implications
All modern processors support NX. NX can be turned off in the BIOS. Based on available telemetry data, it appears that one percent of the systems that are running Windows® 7 have NX turned off because of a misconfiguration in the BIOS setting."

Telemetry was enabled in Windows 7 long before Windows 10.
>>
>>61340392
>Is there any compelling reason to use Windows 7 or 8 over this?

Win7 still runs reasonably well on computers with older single core processors, while Win 8 and up need multi-core machines.
Win7 is also kind of faggoty when it comes to the menu, especially "My Documents" (for example) since Win7 differentiates between public and private documents.
Don't worry about privacy. You haven't had that for years.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.