[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why must almost every piece of technology have an annoying as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: blue_leds.jpg (106KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
blue_leds.jpg
106KB, 900x900px
Why must almost every piece of technology have an annoying as fuck bright blue LED on it for no reason?
>>
But there is a reason. It improves sales.
>>
>>61334493
What color would you rather have, racist?
>>
>>61334493
Blue LEDs are very bright for their power draw, it's just a fact.

So when you say "I wish it had a red LED", a red LED putting out the same brightness will draw more power.
>>
>>61334525
White is even brighter
>>
>>61334525
Not OP, but i don't want the same brightness, i want less brightness so it's not as annoying.
>>
>>61334525
They might be brighter but they'll probably end up getting run at higher power since they have a larger voltage drop.
A normal small red LED can't be run at anything more than around 30mW.
>>
>>61334525
Because leds drain so fucking much
>>
i put a small piece of electrical tape over every single fucking LED in my house if it's not practical for me to open the thing up and take it out myself. i need to find some kind of dark masking tape to put over some things where the LED might be necessary.
>>
>>61334525
But a power light doesn't need to be bright as the fucking sun.
>>
>>61334493
Because blue is a cool color.
>>
>>61334623
blue: 4mA * 2.8V = 10.4mW
Yes, that's how much those little guys are being fed. Since whites are just blues with a phosphor coating, the same electrical parameters apply.
NB there are high efficiency reds and they're easy and cheap to get. 5mA * 1.8v = 9mW. I don't think I have an LED in my parts stock that isn't painful to look at given 10mA, not counting the ancient pulls from my childhood.

>>61334656
I like the way you think, anon. Also you can roughen the surface with a fine flat file to keep the glint down.

>>61334672
It's a meme color, d00d.
>>
>>61334768
The point is that, the maximum for blues is higher: 20mA * 2.8v vs 20mA * 1.8v.
And since you often encounter bright as fuck blue LEDs, it's clear that they are commonly fed way too much current than necessary.
>>
FUCKING BRIGHT LED'S.

Thank god you can deactivate the power button LED on the Fractal Design R4 case. That thing is so fucking bright you can read a book by itself. Cocksucking LED's.
>>
>>61334493
For a long time blue colour of an LED was unavailable (and when it was it wasn't bright at all). Then in 90s group of japs came up with one that was more efficient and brighter. Since people never seen such colour of an LED before (commercially) it was an attractive alternative to other colours, hence the obsession with ugly 465nm LEDs on everything.
>>
Fucking normalfags don't like God tier red because
>m-muh evil colors

So we're stuck with blinding blue bullshit.
>>
>>61334961
>Deactivating power button led is a feature
You can just not connect it
>>
>>61335048
I'd rather have it connected but turned off. Never know when I might need a blue LED to blind a home invader then rape them while they are disorientated.
>>
>>61335048
just solder in a small additional resistor in it to make it not as bright
>>
Apple iPhone doesn't have this problem.
>>
>>61335086
i just put a little bit of paper in behind the power/hdd led's in my case
dims them so they're visible, but don't light up everything around them in the dark
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.