[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to build a new high-end system in the next year.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: Windows.png (6KB, 450x235px) Image search: [Google]
Windows.png
6KB, 450x235px
I'm going to build a new high-end system in the next year.

I've come to terms with the fact I can't use Windows 7 (without doing certain things and relying on bypasses). I should use 10 for security at least.

My question is can you actually control the 34234 ways the system will interrupt what you're doing with popups/forced updates, etc ?

I will not tolerate that shit.
>>
Win 8.1 and disable system updates. Run them when you feel like it.
>>
>>61312207
Windows 8/8.1 is literally the worst Microsoft OS since Vista.
>>
>>61312267
That's win10
>>
>>61312294
nah. Metro is cancer and the UI hacks to fix it are AIDS. You can use group policy to fix Windows 10.
>>
>>61312181
it's simple, don't use that shit
>>
Good job /g/, no help.
>>
>>61312310
the same goes for win10, it need a lot of tweaks and if u block or disable some things the system breaks.

enjoy your candy crush(?)
>>
>>61312374
You've obviously never used group policy. In ten minutes you can disable the majority of the telemetry and bullshit and basically have Windows 7 with an updated UI.
>>
>>61312399
>non issues and placebo

Remove metro then we'll talk
>>
>>61312181
Try linux.
There's next gen filesystems, XFCE to freshen up your work style, privacy/ peace of mind, and we're even getting a substantial amount of vidya ported now.

Plus RHEL distros like CentOS give you 10 years of support if you want to never upgrade and only work with the machine.

>>61312374
Gotta warn you that windows 8/8.1 has performance issues stemming from latency with the inbuilt CPU scheduler with any sort of OpenGL or DX software. 30% performance degradation on average. Had to virtualize it for a while and learned the hard way.
>>
>>61312514

> Linux
> Games

lol no
>>
>>61312399
>win 10
>disable any of the telemetry

lol
>>
>>61312181
>windows
>control

No.
>>
>>61312181
Get windows 10 LTSB it's the only one you should use
>>
>>61312181
Yes, just disable updates via group policy and then you can update manually whenever you like. /g/ is too inept. uneducated and counter-culture to know this.
>>
>>61312481
I assume you're talking about the start menu, you can turn off live tiles and turn off app updates which stops it from installing junk apps.

>>61312526
You can disable data collection and Cortana with group policy.
>>
>>61312600

No, the problem is ALL the metro bullshit in my face. Theres tons of settings that dont have a desktop equivalent. Most links open metro version by default

I want metro fully seperated from desktop because it does nothing but get in the way

Start menu is ok but I dont like the dumbed down search
>>
>>61312757
Why not just use classic shell?
>>
>>61312757
I think you're talking about Windows 8 m8
>>
>>61312788
Because it doesnt replace the settings app or remove slide to unlock on my desktop computer
>>
>>61312181
W7 works just fine with Ryzen desu
>>
>>61312998
You can disable lockscreen though.
>>
>>61313206

You can't update stuff without bypassing the protection that was added, so that means a cycle has been started where Microsoft prevents it, then a new way is found, and eventually it won't be worth the hassle.
>>
>>61312181
>My question is can you actually control the 34234 ways the system will interrupt what you're doing with popups/forced updates, etc ?
>I will not tolerate that shit.

Only thing I can think of is running it virtually and keeping it offline. Also buying some more expensive version of it might help with options. If you don't want to work for it, you won't have anything close to high-end. Might be some work.
>>
>>61312267
there's literally nothing wrong with Vista as long as you're not trying to shoehorn it into a Prescott P4 with 512mb ram like an idiot. Vista's bad rap came from the fact that everyone selling premade systems when it came out was exactly this kind of idiot.
>>
>>61313432
Fine, then it's the worst since ME. And I'm also forgetting about 10 RT.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.