[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apps for science notes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: unnamed.png (16KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
16KB, 300x300px
I'm taking a course and I need to write equations. I know of tools like Mathematics (to solve and graph) and a lot of markdown editors, but what I need is a note app that let me write my own equations as a LaTeX editor and viewer. I need the tool let me export my documents in pdf too. Can you help me?

>Also: I hate how a lot of markdown apps only have edition mode and not view mode, and I hate the limitation of pdf exporting tools

(I'm in spain, so apologies if I write your language as a dickhead)
>>
File: sigmundfreud.jpg (25KB, 159x159px) Image search: [Google]
sigmundfreud.jpg
25KB, 159x159px
>>61311471
>everything needs to be an app

save the equations into your fucking calculators memory
>>
>>61311471
LyX, don't listen to autists telling to go balls deep in LaTeX just yet, LyX is more than good, is easy (pretty damn easy), and more than enough for any type of equation. And yes, you can export to LaTeX and PDFs.
>>
>>61311526
this, and if you know Markdown and find that easier for most notes than typing LaTeX commands but also want the power of LaTeX equation syntax, the program pandoc supports a Markdown extension including LaTeX commands.
>>
>>61311526
Some like LyX for android?
>>
>>61311471
What is wrong with the good ol' pen and paper
>>
>>61311471
Honestly, this >>61312130. Then rewrite your notes in LaTeX to export as ones good enough to sell. The process of evaluating and rewriting them will do more for you than doing them all in one pass. in class, ever will.
>>
>>61311471
Believe it or not Microsoft Word and OneNote have pretty great equation editors. Just hit [alt] + [=] and it will open up. It even comes with real-time in-line rendering and can save as PDF easily.

It's also way easier to use a "screen clipping" to pull graphs into a Word document than exporting to eps files to use in a LaTeX document.
>>
>>61312130
It's not an app
>>
>>61312130
Not as fast and clean as LyX
>>
>>61312064
An android lyx would rock! Didn't test it yet but in the meantime https://www.rollapp.com/app/lyx
>>
>>61311526
I found LyX slowed me down. Yeah, it works if your equations are simple one liners, but it becomes cumbersome for anything even slightly complicated.

I'd say use it for now while you learn LaTeX, but it's totally do-able to be able to take notes with something like TeXMaker and actually writing TeX script.
>>
>>61313095
Yeah anon, I understand you are advanced, but it can replace Word so it helps people with limited knowledge. Plus, I use it for fast projects.

Of course for academic level and beyond we are talking of other requirements but the important here is giving an improvement for the common.
>>
>>61312130
Nothing, but sometimes isn't practic. Paper bends easy
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.