[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I currently work a really shitty, low paying no benefits job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 238.png (25KB, 165x115px) Image search: [Google]
238.png
25KB, 165x115px
I currently work a really shitty, low paying no benefits job housepainting which I have done for the past 2 years. I've programmed C++ and python seriously for graphics projects for the past 5 years with a marginally popular git repo. I want to make tech my career and end my painting career. I figure the fastest way is to get certified in shit like A+, CCNA, etc. Is this the way to go and how hard will it be?

I cant live like this anymore, I'm over 30 and have literally nothing
>>
pl respond
>>
anyone pls
>>
>>61310169
>I figure the fastest way is to get certified
Certs are next to useless. And if you want to be programmer, don't go for admin certs.

Have you actually ever looked for an applied for a programming job?
>>
i know this is a hard concept for anons, but jobs aren't going to fall into your lap. you have to actively go find one. trying to get one through a job board like indeed is a fucking nightmare. the better alternatives are:
>asking someone if they can hook you up with a job
>asking someone if they know anyone else who can hook you up with a job
>cold calling offices/stores nearby and asking if they are hiring
>appearing in person to offices/stores nearby and asking if they are hiring
networking is better than sending out a resume 99/100 times
>>
>>61311165
Some of my drinking buddies got jobs from certs about 6 years ago
>>
>>61310169
>A+, CCNA
maybe 10-15 years ago, now this is a huge waste of time.

you are doing graphical work in C++ and python? start applying for jobs at places and include the repo in your resume. If it's a decent repo that counts for quite a bit imho. if you really want to get certified only do it for modern competencies that focus on providers, frameworks, and other things. example: AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud certs. The company I work at will pay me to get certs and will reimburse me for the cost of them on the spot.
>>
File: kittah.webm (1MB, 406x720px) Image search: [Google]
kittah.webm
1MB, 406x720px
>>61310169
Don't fucking bother with A+ or any other Comptia cert other than S+. You'll make shit for money. Security and Cisco certs are all the rage right now and people will pay big bucks for it. CCNA is almost a requirement at this point, but if you have previous experience in IT most people will forgo it. You'll need some kind of degree though to get your foot in the door, I'm not saying it'll be impossible to go somewhere without a degree but it helps separate yourself from all the autistic fucks in IT. I can talk more about it if you wish.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.