[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All you need to know about systemd is that ironically systemd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: katedru.gif (40KB, 1968x639px) Image search: [Google]
katedru.gif
40KB, 1968x639px
All you need to know about systemd is that ironically systemd wouldn't be able to exist today if we had been using systemd's design philosophy on GNU/Linux from the beginning.

In other words, we'd be stuck with outdated technology and only able to replace it if we create another monolithic init system that interacted with everything in exactly the same way systemd does.

Systemd is basically exploiting the flexibility of its predecessors to kill the flexibility we have in the area of init systems. People might like it now, but we're walking into a walled garden.
After systemd becomes the standard and everything depends on it systemd will never receive any competition because it would be an extremely monumental task to try and create a systemd alternative.

All the newbies here support systemd because it "just werks". But using things just because it works is a very Windows mentality.
They're forgetting (because init systems isn't really on their radar in the first place) that the reasons we all use GNU/Linux in the first place is for flexibility, being able to do things _our_ way not the way someone getting paid to do their job decided we should do it, and design philosophies.
Systemd is the exact opposite of all of that.
>>
>>61310033
>because it "just werks"
I doubt that. Most people don't care about init systems and just post shit because they want to troll those that do care. Of course there are shills too.

I'm not a newbie, I usually don't have much to with init systems myself but for the few things I have to deal with it, systemd fails in every single case.

So I don't believe the "just werks" meme. This is not touching the bad design as a subject yet.
>>
>Putting a web server in PID 1

Lennartix is a mistake
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.