[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I miss old cell phones

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: kgrhqnmefgw5e6u4brfohswc6012.jpg (75KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
kgrhqnmefgw5e6u4brfohswc6012.jpg
75KB, 640x480px
>cool covers
>ringtones
>snake
>unbreakable brick phones
>>
Unsubscribe
>>
Cellphones and smartphones are different anon.
>>
I miss physical landscape qwerty
>>
You can have the same ringtones, covers and snake now too.
Take care of your phone and it will be "unbreakable".
Idiot.
>>
>>61301532
yep me too. i bought a dumb nokia recently. i feel really happy about it even though it's not the same.
>>
>>61301532
>dumbphones
>>
>>61302209
This.
>>
>>61301615
Some day there will be an enlightenment and people will realize the true way.
>>
File: 1112333.jpg (47KB, 786x533px) Image search: [Google]
1112333.jpg
47KB, 786x533px
>>61301532
Why not buy one then?
>>
The 3210 was my first phone. I actually just bought two of them in untested condition. They'll most likely work but the Ni-MH batteries are a problem since a lot of them are dead.
>>
>>61303042
>75$
Ahahahaha
Bought a 3310 for litterally 2€ 3 months ago
>>
Go throw your clogs into a cotton gin, you fucking luddite.
>>
File: 1200px-Nokia_6230.jpg (134KB, 1200x902px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-Nokia_6230.jpg
134KB, 1200x902px
I maintain that the 6230 is the best phone Nokia ever made
>Early 2004
>Bluetooth
>Accepts up to 2GB MMC cards
>MP3 playback
>MP4 video playback
>FM radio
>Runs simple installable Java applications (bounce, snake)
>Xpress-on covers in various colours
>Very easy to fix
>3310 brick-tier reliability in a compact form factor
>Succeeded by the 6230i, which was a modest improvement with interchangeable parts

The only weak point was the camera, but it was still early days for camera phones in late 2003 when it was developed.
>>
>>61303140
Let's get one thing straight: 3310 is actually pretty flimsy. If you drop it at a hard-ish surface chances are it will break apart, cover and battery. There won't be major damage but it will break apart. The 5110 is the undisputed "brickphone" of the mainline devices. Even the 3210 is more robust than the 3310. The most resilient nokia phone would be the 5210 which had an exterior rubber casing and was IP5(or6)7 IIRC. Despite having that outer shell it still was about the same size as the 3310
tl;dr the 3310 indestructible meme should go and stay go
t.owned a 3310 in 2000
>>
>>61304857
I understand your frustration at the 3310 meme, but I have to disagree. The cover and battery often did come off when it was dropped, but that was only after it had been weakened first. Besides, you could say that about practically any Nokia phone after the 5110.

The 3310 was very popular and was considered a tough phone even then. That's why it's been remembered that way, and rightly so in my opinion.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.