[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

programming languages

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: index.jpg (7KB, 204x157px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7KB, 204x157px
which programming language is the most complicated to learn?
Is it C++ or something, or are there harder languages that are commonly used in software?
>>
HTML
>>
OP here, pic kind of related
>>
>>61300874
HTML? that's kinda weird
>>
It really depends what you mean by complicated.

For instance Python is complicated in that it's a bloated piece of shit.
>>
>>61300866
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brainfuck
>>
>>61300890
Brainfuck isn't commonly used, it's a language designed to be shit.
>>
>>61300890
its not complicated at all. Its like a weak version of assembly
>>
OP here, what should I use in my games that i'm making? They're going to be 3D, so is there a way to edit 3D movements/etc.?
>>
>>61300907
If that is how we are judging, then OP would want to look at the most verbose languages with the biggest libraries, or the most spartan.

It is either Java (100% knowledge of) or Machine Code.
>>
>>61300933
welp. time to use blo- I mean linux
>>
>>61300925
Game engines are generally programmed in C++ and then use a scripting language, such as Lua, on top of the engine for the actual game logic.
>>
oh well then
>>
that's it
time to use unity...which i have no knowledge of
>>
Assembly for undocumented cpu (that contains hardware bugs)
>>
>>61300866
>which programming language is the most complicated to learn?
Idris, Agda, Coq

>C++
It's one of the easiest languages out there
>>
>>61300890
look at this dumb fuck

brainfuck is easy, you can learn it in 15 minutes, it's probably the easiest turing complete language to learn lmao

i bet you just heard about brainfuck once

i hope i never have to touch your code
>>
File: 1499673663723.jpg (110KB, 465x316px) Image search: [Google]
1499673663723.jpg
110KB, 465x316px
>>61300866
It always depends on your task.
What do you wanna program?
A website? A videogame? Maybe Linux CLI util? Or Android/iOS app?
>>
>>61301099
The sum of all primes below 10 is 2+3+5+7=17. Find the sum of all primes below two million, using Brainfuck.

Takes 15 minutes, you said?
>>
>>61301127
Not him, but that's "tedious", not "difficult to learn"
>>
>>61300866
Generally languages with a low level of abstraction is harder to learn than things with a high level of abstraction.

Eg taking a list of numbers from a file on a filesystem, making a plot and display that plot graphically is very easy if you an OS with a scripting language that has the packages, but if you need to do this on m FPGA in vhdl, it might take a while.
>>
I found Prolog pretty difficult, but rewarding.
>>
>>61301127
that's difficult to use, not difficult to learn, dumbposter
learn to read
>>
>>61300866
I guess assembly. It's easy to learn, but really hard to master.
>>
>>61301149
>>61301135
>>
>>61301154
>it's probably the easiest turing complete language to learn lmao
Please... show me.
>>
 (=<`#9]~6ZY32Vw/.R,+Op(L,+k#Gh&}Cdz@aw=;zyKw%ut4Uqp0/mlejihtfrHcbaC2^W\>Z,XW)UTSL53\HGFjW 

Hello World in Malbolge

(The Malbolge Unshackled one was too copy/paste)
>>
>>61301191
'too long to
>>
>>61300866
C++, C and java have shitton of learning material online, that makes it just so much easier, even assembly, while some more obscure languages have like one or two books on them.
>>
>>61301170
+  the data at the pointer increases
- the data at the pointer decreases
> the pointer increases
< the pointer decreases
[] loops until the pointer is 0 (in this case it exists immediately)
. puts a 0 to stdout

this creates a sawtooth wave cycle
+[-.++]

this creates a square wave cycle of the same period
>++[++<.>]<->++[++<.>]+<+

there was an irc bot in a channel i was in that rendered brainfuck to 8 bit mono, no one had any problems using it. it's been years since i last used brainfuck and i had no problems picking it up again.

if you have problems with brainfuck you are a brainlet and i'm sad if you were able to find a good job
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.