[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LinkedIn - Yes or No

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1-U6wwR_EXESwRxzIKswOPxg.jpg (37KB, 900x343px) Image search: [Google]
1-U6wwR_EXESwRxzIKswOPxg.jpg
37KB, 900x343px
What's our consensus on LinkedIn, /g/? Insecure piece of garbage that will never get you employed, or Must-Have for workers in the tech sector?

I personally don't believe LinkedIn is valuable - having a personal website where you put your resume and credentials allows you to have just as much Internet presence, and far more customization, without being forced to be in LinkedIn's ecosystem. Nobody should support LinkedIn.
>>
>having a personal website where you put your resume and credentials allows you to have just as much Internet presence, and far more customization

That works IF they actually look at your resume to see the link to your portfolio in the first place. I know HR (die) and small companies like the "legitimacy" it adds to have a professional profile, though it could open up for instant discrimination based on your photo. I keep mine pretty up-to-date, so if I apply for something new, most applications now let me automatically connect my LinkedIn account to fill in work history. I feel, but can't prove, that it has helped me land more Remote work.

LinkedIn Premium InMail has gotten my resume actually looked at, and in general, some of the Premium options are helpful when you look at the stats. You can see:
>How many people applied
>From what Level they applied
>From Where they applied
>How you stack up
>Average Salary for the position in the Location's Area
>If your resume was reviewed by someone at the company.

LinkedIn was also a good way to see how my coworkers experience also compared to my own. When I left the last company, I became a contractor. I've worked with 2 of the guys who "replaced" me, and based on their past experience available on LinkedIn and their actual capabilities in a real environment, I know walking away was the absolute right move: my skills were undervalued.
>>
Imagine a world where recruiters come to you. That is what happens when you max out your LinkedIn profile. And don't be an idiot, your actual profile means dick, go gather meaningful contacts, and get over 400 (that seems to be the recruitment tipping point).

On the other side, for those of us that actually sell shit of value in this world, LinkedIn is amazing at cracking into targeted organizations for sales opportunities.
>>
>>61299510
>>61300055
>t. LinkedIn shills
The best and only way to find a job is by applying to jobs. Jobs aren't going to come to you. Whether or not you have a LinkedIn, you will still have to put in the work of applying, all LinkedIn might do is possibly ease the process.

But at what cost?
If you don't have a Facebook account, then logically you should not have a LinkedIn for the same reasons - it's insecure, you are trusting your data with a company which has proven time and time again to not care about its customers data privacy. Countless times LinkedIn has had breaches, or pushed emails to everyone in your address book without asking. It's a shitty company which shouldn't be supported
>>
>>61300293
>The best and only way to find a job is by applying to jobs
>t. jobless NEET
The best way to get a job is through contacts.
>>
>>61299437
Sir intelligents people are using LinkedIn....its hottest site for h1b in India..
>>
>>61300306
sure, but your contacts aren't random faggots who you only communicate with through LinkedIn
>>
>>61300293
>Only way to find a job is by applying to jobs
Not true. Literally got my current job without ever applying after being contacted by some recruiter on LinkedIn. That wasn't the first offer I've gotten without applying either
>>
Got me my current job, so I'd say it does what it's supposed to do.
>>
>>61300306
Having contacts can help you get a job but is not necessarily the best way. I would rather not apply through a recruiter.
>>
>>61300293
>Jobs aren't going to come to you
Actually yes, they will, child. Corporations do headhunting like this all the time, and one of the ways they do it is by searching people who fit their criteria over linkedin. It's pretty common where I work.
>>
I like it. You will regularly get offers which aren't publicized anywhere.
>>
>>61299437
>I personally don't believe LinkedIn is valuable
who the fuck cares what you think? you are a worthless neckbearded peasant virgin with no job
>>
>>61300818
This.
>>
>>61300821
>who the fuck cares what you think? you are a worthless neckbearded peasant virgin with no job
fuck you I have a job

If you need LinkedIn to get a job you are a truly pathetic individual
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.