[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My monitor is set to 1920x1080.... but every time I go to a website

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1280714447037.png (6KB, 972x467px) Image search: [Google]
1280714447037.png
6KB, 972x467px
My monitor is set to 1920x1080.... but every time I go to a website I need to adjust the font sizes larger to be able to read anything. It's a 19" monitor if that matters.

Is there a monitor you recommend for people that sit back away from the desk casually.. and be able to read the monitor clearly.

I feel kinda goofy thinking that I might need to set this monitor 1024x768 oldschool.. or 640x480?

I wear glasses.. and its a new prescription, before you shitpost that. Go ahead roast me.. but I need some advice on a good monitor for bad eyes.
Heres a 4 chan stencil for your 2 cents.
>>
File: zoom.png (8KB, 325x199px) Image search: [Google]
zoom.png
8KB, 325x199px
>>61290672
Just zoom in on the website
>>
>>61290741
I been doing that for so long.
>>
>>61290672
if you had an OS which supported proper DPI scaling you could adjust that and still be in your monitor's native resolution.
>>
>>61290802
Win 7 Ultimate? My card is nothing special 740GT Nividia
>>
>>61290802
further, it says "Recommended" on the setting I have 1920x1080. Cant go any higher.
>>
>>61290840
Unfortunately only Mac OS really does good DPI scaling. Some people will say Windows 10 is good, but that's hit and miss.

>>61290854
DPI scaling has nothing to do with screen resolution, it determines the size of elements on your screen. Think of it similar to using the zoom feature of a browser, but over the entire OS.
>>
You can adjust your default font size in chrome i guess. Or just set your dpi higher. Search how to change dpi in windows.
>>
>>61290802
Only OS X does DPI scaling well. Windows is pretty hit and miss and so is Linux. KDE and recent QT apps handle it fairly well but most GTK apps are still a mess.
>>
>>61290886
Thanks Ill look into that...
I assume getting a bigger monitor.. is only going to mean.. smaller fonts to meme that the monitor offers... bigger space to cram all your shit in and play in.
>>
>>61290918
Try lowering the resolution to 1600x900 or somewhere around that first.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.