[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"Are you Anon? We must inspect all of your electronic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 277
Thread images: 32

File: cached.jpg (58KB, 462x370px) Image search: [Google]
cached.jpg
58KB, 462x370px
>"Are you Anon? We must inspect all of your electronic materials. If you have anything encrypted, you must give us your passwords or else you will be taken into custody until you decide to comply. Do you understand? Follow me, the police are waiting for you."
>>
>>61278699
lead the way, I have nothing to hide.
>>
>>61278759
They sometimes plant stuff when they get frustrated about not finding anything incriminating.
>>
What are you talking about it's supposed to not boot. It's not encrypted. Prove it's encrypted.
>>
>>61278699
>Are you Anon?
i dont know, youre holding my passport. am i?
>>
What fucking country am I in?
>>
>>61278949
Land of the '''''free'''''
>>
>>61278699
Wait what why am i traveling to a country without freedom at all and with stupid shit like data caps in the first place?

Excuse me I'll go back to my country kthx
>>
That's why I'll move all my interesting files outside of my laptop and smartphone before any foreign trips involving airplanes. I'll be the fucking MR PERFECT CITIZEN.
>>
>>61278699
I'm a US citizen, and I don't leave the US for any reason. I don't have to give you shit. Furthermore, even if I was returning to the US, you still can't make that demand. All you can do is detain me long enough to copy my encrypted hard drive, which you are welcome to do.
>>
>>61278699
I'm a femanon, so by default I'm innocent.
>>
>>61278699
pfft, get me a lawyer
>>
>>61278982
silly usaian. your border/any point of entry are a constitution-free zone.

they can detain you for as long as they want
>inb4 AM I BEING DETAINED?
>>
>>61278949
Any airport.
>>
>>61278699
Just dual boot and leave an innocent system boot by default, dumb niggers.

What sort of subhuman country asks for access to your computer's files, this shit would have been considered a police state 10 years ago
>>
>>61278976
>interesting files
you've sparked my interest, tell me about them
>>
>>61279004
>https://www.eff.org/wp/digital-privacy-us-border-2017

>Border agents cannot deny a U.S. citizen admission to the country.

>Compared to people and police in the interior of the country, border agents have more power and people crossing the border have less privacy. But the border is not a Constitution-free zone. The powers of border agents are tempered by the First Amendment (freedom of speech, association, press, and religion), the Fourth Amendment (freedom from unreasonable searches and seizures), the Fifth Amendment (freedom from compelled self-incrimination), and the Fourteenth Amendment (freedom from discrimination).
>>
>>61279022
Personal pics, like those with a gf or family.
Maybe some nudes.
Sorry to disappoint you Anon, you probably wanted some national security importance leaks from agencies or something.
>>
>>61278834
Are they gonna slip a smartphone in my pants or what?
>>
>>61278834
How are they going to plant things on my encrypted hard drive, presumably in my encrypted home folder, or on my rebooted and still locked iPhone without any sort of iCloud account (don't worry, my lawyer's phone number is in the emergency contacts)?
>>
>>61278699
>purposefully fly through the middle east
sorry, laptop is in checked in luggage as per tsa regs

>get on plane and now have 12+ hr plane ride with nothing to do
>>
>>61279115
>Not planning for this contingency by bringing a 3DS or Vita with you.
>>
>>61278990
>Madam, you're going to need to come with us for body cavity search based on suspicious activities. Our scanners found reason to believe you are smuggling a phallic shaped device between your legs. Would you kindly remove any said device and walk through our scanners again.
>>
>>61279115
>>61279177
>not having a copy of Mein Kampf handy for this exact situation
>>61279228
I've seen dirty movies with the same premise.
>>
>>61278759
>Anon, why do you have racist and anti-semantic frog memes on your hard drive
How do you respond.
>>
>>61279177
>Not planning for this contingency by bringing a 3DS or Vita with you.
now that apparently the ban is lifted on emirates and turkish, i either fly them, or have to dig out my unhackable vita and get more isos for my psp

or just fly ana, singapore, or jal.
>>
>>61279260
I was really meaning the Vita more for pirated movies that you would delete before getting off the plane.
>>
>>61279279
i cant stand watching movies on such a small screen. even my og surface pro is a bit too small.
>>
>>61278999
IIRC you aren't given a lawyer at that point because it isn't covered under 5A (right to an attorney for "custodial interrogations") because they aren't interrogating you or under 6A (right to an attorney for trial) because formal process hasn't started yet.
>>
>>61279228
kek'd
>>
>Thought crime will soon be illegal
>/g/ will defend this because muh nothing to hide
>>
>>61278699
isn't this the exact use case for veracrypt
>>
You can't detain me indefinitely and you can't force me to disclose my passwords without a warrant. I demand a lawyer.
>>
>>61279325
you got something to hide?
>>
>>61279320
>Thought crime will soon be illegal
Oh sweetie, it already is.
>>
>>61279320
You really believe this "nothing to hide" isn't just shitposting?
>>
>>61279325
If you are a foreigner, they will deny you entry. If you are a lawful permanent resident, that can and usually will be brought into question if you don't unlock your shit. If you're a citizen, though, you don't have to do shit. All they can do is detain you to try and intimidate you, and, failing that, copy your encrypted data.
>>
>>61279358
With all the normalfags here, I'm certain that a number of anons actually believe muh nothing to hide.
>>
File: 1484890650770.png (597KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1484890650770.png
597KB, 800x800px
>2023
>get detained for electronics inspection day in a US airport
>refuse to decrypt or provide passwords for my data
>start an altercation with TSA agent
>call him an ass-pig and a fuckfarmer
>punch him in the genitals
>shot in self-defense
>pronounced dead on arrival at the hospital
>sparks a debate on the legality of this sort of thing (also international conflict because I'm not an American citizen or resident)
>end up being the spark that causes World War 3
>millions die, millions more displaced
>face of global politics is changed forever
>Canaada is still an irradiated hellhole a century later
>all to hide my Taylor Swift music and pictures of my waifu
>>
>>61278834
good thing I use an iPhone
>>
>>61279111
Doesn't have to be software. Maybe they slip a microSD into your belongings. I mean, I have a case for my phone and you could definitely fit a microsd between the phone and the case. I'd be worried about them planting CP on me that way if I was detained.
>>
>>61279401
If you don't decrypt, and you aren't a citizen/permanent resident, you'll just be denied entry. They won't even bother to detain you.
>>
>>61279464
Please let me have this, Anon. My life has no meaning but it would be nice if my hypothetical death (real one will probably be suicide in an empty apartment in 2030 or so) could have some.
>>
>>61279454
If you're that bothered by it, remove the case and mail it home, along with your laptop. Then, when they try to plant an SD card, you can say, "I don't have anything that uses it. Why would I have it?"
>>
>>61279497
>>/r9k/
>>
>>61279500
They would try to make a case that I am a CP smuggler, or just plant illegal memes on me.
>>
Oh alright, good thing I don't use a smartphone and don't take my laptop with me when travelling abroad.
>>
>>61279512
That would be more like
>(real one will probably be diabetes in my mom's basement in the next week or so)
>>
>>61279528
>"If I wanted to smuggle CP, I would put it on an encrypted cloud/email service, like Protonmail."
>>
>>61279528
Pretty sure nobody would want to risk being caught with CP. The job can not possibly pay enough to take that risk.
>>
>>61279578
FBI plants drugs and CP on people all the time. But hey, it's okay when the FBI does it.
>>
>>61279570
I can say that but all the law will see is a dude who got caught with a microsd full of illegal memes.
>>
>It says here you have no work experience. Why should we cavity search you?
>>
File: cgQ85.jpg (285KB, 841x871px) Image search: [Google]
cgQ85.jpg
285KB, 841x871px
>>61279661
Because I've been a bad girl.
>>
>>61279043
Being on /g/, he most likely wanted CP or hentai involving some stupid anime waifu.
>>
>>61279401
>call him an ass-pig and a fuckfarmer
>punch him in the genitals
giggled
>>
File: IMG_0827.jpg (74KB, 626x743px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0827.jpg
74KB, 626x743px
>you have to disclose all your sensitive data and pictures of your waifu to the TSA in order to enter the USA
LAND OF THE FREE
>>
>>61278699
No sir you don't get it. I'm clearly white
>>
>>61279073
>>61279111
They would obviously just lie about it, throw you in jail and hold a show trial.
>>
>install clean laptop with noting out of the ordinary
>encrypt an external drive with dm-crypt plain mode
>use strong password, make sure drive is filled with random data
>"What's on this drive, anon?"
>"Nothing's on that drive at all, officer, I wiped it clean. I have it in case I need extra space for photos or $EXCUSE"
>let them take an image of the drive if they want
>let them poke around on laptop and find nothing
>go to destination
>download passphrase for my external drive from my home server through seven proxies
>enjoy my drive full of lewd cartoons in foreign country

tell me why this wouldn't work
>>
File: 1492501446016.jpg (106KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492501446016.jpg
106KB, 1280x720px
>>61278699
Easy.

>Boot into false-front operating system on a separate partition
>>
>>61281832
If they get the feeling that you're better protected from them compared to most people, they just go ahead and plant incriminating files as a kick in the balls for hassling them. It's happened before.
>>
>>61278699
>2017
>traveling to another country with electronics that weren't supplied to you by your employer

It's like you don't realize that those officers are going to download all the nudes bitches send you and steal all the dank memes from your private group chats.

I'm never taking my own electronics over the border, and never logging into anything personal from my work devices. Nobody gonna steal my memes.
>>
>>61278982

If you're a US citizen they have to let you in, but they don't have to let your devices in. If you choose not to turn over your keys they can just keep the laptop.
>>
Do they actually ask to decrypt in US airports or is it just shitposting? I've been through a bunch of airports including europe, Asia, Australia and even a few in the middle east. The most I ever had was being asked to open my laptop and nothing more.
>>
>>61278699
>Travelling with physical sensitive data on you
Why? You can just download what you need as soon as you leave customs.
>>
>>61282077
happens mostly to people working on important foss projects or people already on other "lists"
it happened to the cock.li owner cause some mongs had sent mails from there threatening a school district with bombs
>>
>>61282142
So government agencies consider people working on things for the common good to be potential terrorists? I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.
>>
>>61282207
Governments hate anything they don't control. Which is why you should hate government, unless you want every aspect of your life to be controlled.
>>
>>61281832
Encrypting the shit out of stuff and putting it in cloud storage/home server/whatever seems like a safer bet than physically taking an encrypted drive over the border.

If it's safe enough for the passphrase, it's safe enough for the data. If they can compromise it enough to get the data, they could get the passphrase and you've given them the encrypted data.
>>
>>61282255
Doesn't solve the bandwidth problem though. A keyfile or passphrase or something is tiny. You can download it over the shittiest of hotel wi-fi connections. The same might not be true of whatever it's protecting.
>>
>>61282287
True enough, but the data being stored on a remote server has at least a little more deniability than carrying it with you.

The reality is that there's no truly good solution for this.
>>
>>61282307
avoid travelling in """free""" countries is one solution
>>
>>61282360
True; it's because of shit like that (among other reasons) that I have no intention of ever traveling to the US. Some people don't really have much choice if they need to go for work, though, so we're back to "no truly good solution".
>>
>>61278699
my password is
"I'm not giving you my password. It's definitely not 'cheesyface69' without the quotes. Definitely not"

Like to see those faggots figure that one out.
>>
>>61278699
what encryption ? i just happen to collect random strings of gibberish in the form of computer files
>>
>>61278976
sir we have some concerns about these thumbnails, just walk this way.
>>
>>61278976
you don't need to worry this only concerns americucks
>>
>>61278699
Something must have gone unbelievably wrong in my life if I'm standing in line at customs and immigration for non-nationals somewhere. I guess I really wouldn't be able to give them anything to check other than a cheap MP3 player that I would have no problem disposing of later and a dumb phone with no SIM card in it.
>>
>>61278699
>If you have anything encrypted, you must give us your passwords or else you will be taken into custody until you decide to comply.
You can check everything you want but I can't give you any passwords since you don't have security clearance to check the materials on any encrypted drive. This is my id and contact info on my "office", rest assured that if we spend more than it is necessary to do an actual check I won't be the one losing his job and future jobs.
>>
>>61278699

Go ahead, the password is "${MOM_NAME}${MOM_BIRTH_YEAR}".

>tfw it just opens the non-hidden encrypted volume and is a very vanilla centos 6 install
>tfw your real arch install is on a hidden partition
>>
Legitimate query:

Can't you just mail your encrypted HDD's to yourself?

I mean, does the border patrol have cause to open your mail to check your HDD for encryption?
>>
>>61282596
no, you can do that and nobody will give a fuck. If you are to paranoid, you could repackage it as a new drive and whatever you put on it, goes on a hidden partition.
>>
>>61282596
>>61282619
>Sir, we notice you have two laptops in your carry on, care to power them on?
>Sure but they don't have any hard drives.
>Why not?
>I took them out and mailed them to my new address so you couldn't look at them.
>...
>I was told never to lie to border guards, sir. Do you have any other questions or problems, or may I go?
>>
>>61282668
dude, move around with a drive with a clean install and noting on it and mail whatever you want.
Every time I see this kind of thread I always wonder what the fuck are you trying to carry across borders that you would be put in jail if they catch you.
Probably because most here even carry around CP on their phones but other than classified info form a company that would actually could fuck said company (or their users) up if it fell on the wrong hands or if you are in the military or gob and you carry around state secret shit, just don't know what else would warrant such paranoia.
I understand that the whole "I have nothing to hide" argument is retarded and even if I don't have any problems about people seeing my shit I just don't like it, but also I would not risk it to be thrown in jail on a principle if I'm travelling to a country that it's known to give no fucks about anything. I would not be travelling to that place at all in the first place.
>>
End your fucking lives already you autistic dumbasses
>>
>>61278982
They can also hold your device for an unlimited amount of time.
>>
>>61282747
you seem to be doing a shit slow job yourself with yours since you feel the need to get into a thread and try to give orders to random people on the internet.
Post a bitcoin address or a paypal account so we can pay for the rope and you can finally get done with it.
>>
>>61278699
>teleports behind him

Nothin personal, kid.
>>
>>61279325
>>61279338
well?
>>
File: Screen Shot 2.png (317KB, 528x394px) Image search: [Google]
Screen Shot 2.png
317KB, 528x394px
>>61278699
>log into fresh Fedora install on my travel laptop
>unlock my phone with my fingerprint
"Ok, but I'll need them back soon. My work files and photos from the trip are on these"

Leave your sensitive information at home. Better yet, make a Raspberry Pi into a small home server and log in remotely to access any important files you might need while out of the country.

>>61278834
I'd sue the living shit out of them. I make weekly encrypted backups and store them on my home server. I'd use them as evidence. TSA faggots can get fucked.
>>
>>61279259
Those meems are not anti-semantic, they're pro-semiotic.
>>
Is SSHing into a home computer or VPS a good strategy?
>>
Have a second 'clean' laptop for traveling across country lines.
>>
>>61278699
>"No lol, im an American citizen and I have the fourth amendment."
>"blah blah you are subject to arrest blah blah"
>"Search anything you want but im not giving you the password."
They cant actually do this and this hasnt ever happened to me. TSA is a bunch of niggers.
>>
>>61284643
I'd say so. Transmitting sensitive info over the internet is a risk, but A) you do that if you do your banking online or buy stuff from websites or email anyone about anything of importance anyway, and B) less of a risk than having the data on you on a physical medium.
>>
>>61278699
I'm sorry, you must be after another Anon.
>>
>>61278976
This.
Just put anything potentially suspect in an encrypted archive and dump it in online storage.

It's not that hard.
>>
>>61278699
This is a company laptop and phone. You can take it up with our legal department. Would you like a phone number or an email address?
>>
>>61278759
Have fun getting black dick in your ass.
>>
>>61278699
>2017
>not traveling with burner tech
you did this to yourself, anon.
>>
>>61278699
>sure officer, here is my phone (which is too old to run a browser let alone any apps) also here is my PS Vita
>all is good? have a good day then.
>>
>>61278699
Sure, This is my external hard drive and it is locked by VeraCrypt. Here's the password.

(And keep passwrod for lolis secret)
>>
>>61278699
Couldn't you just have one password go to a dummy os and another password for the sensitive stuff? Make it so the dummy os can't even see the other partition. This could work, right??
>>
>>61285071
chuckled
>>
There is no way to win.

>refuse to comply
They don't let you into the country and getting into the country is THE reason why you're there. You also probably paid for a an expensive plane ticket, so you HAVE to comply.

Only a rich person would be able to say "no" and turn around and fly back home.
>>
>>61278914
Yeah, it's an art piece. I want people to see computers as something beyond something utilitarian so I made someone make it so it did not boot. It is a performance piece similar to the works of Marina Abramović, it turns the computer into more of a spiritual entity and a source of meditation and contemplation.
>>
>>61283200

Yeah, sure, I'll transfer 50GB of my data over a shitty connection, sure.
>>
>>61278699
What happens if I wipe everything, do a clean install, encrypt it, and then refuse to hand over the keys until I've been interrogated for several hours?

What're you gonna do when you find an empty laptop Mr. TSA agent?
>>
>muh iphone
wait a minute are there really people this stupid here?
>>
>>61278699
"Fuck you and your constitutional rape!"
>starts running through and jumps barriers
>>
File: 1499406568883.jpg (90KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1499406568883.jpg
90KB, 600x600px
>>61282668
You know, I think dying and/or dead SSDs would be great uses as dummies as a cover for this. You can say "here you go, but be warned that lately it's been acting up" and then
>MFW "No boot device"
>>
>>61279007
I've never had my electronic devices checked senpai.
>>
Keep your Cunny on a separate drive.
>>
>NORMIE CHECK
>please present 5 facebook friends to vouch for you
>why don't you have 5 friends anons
>are these bot accounts?
>are you a hacker?
>did you lie and say your mother was your girlfriend?
>time to go to the camps criminal
>>
>>61279355
Tfw Germany will soon fine 4chan for "Hate Speech"
>>
If i as a foreign citizen carried a laptop containing classified material, would i have to comply? I am a citizen of a NATO member.
>>
>>61279401
>also international conflict because I'm not an American citizen or resident
In that case, you were just some radicalized terrorist hiding secret documents
>>
>>61285747
Yes.

US borders are non-constitutional zones, so even US citizens can be fucked in the ass for no reason whatsoever.
>>
this is why those hidden containers exist.
you give your encrypted file two possible passwords, one which unlocks the files you care about and one that just decrypts harmless looking dummy files.
>>
>>61286029
Also, steganography.

You can put mix an encrypted folder in with other large files, like video games.
>>
>not having your incriminating data hidden within dank memes
>>
>>61286061
This.

> Install World of Warcraft
> take all your private file and shove them into an encrypted file
> rename file to "patch5.mpq" or something
> shove into game install directory
> they overlook it because they cannot have hashes of every possible file ever
> alternatively IF they find it:
> "what I just used the blizzard downloader/torrented it idk I just wanna play wow haha"
> "encrypted what? I mean ask Blizzard I guess maybe they encrypt their files?? Or do you mean the... windows encryption thing? I don't have that because I'm bad with passwords and I'd forget it in two days, haha"
>>
>>61278699
encrypt your sensitive folders/files only and not the entire pc, they won't suspect you that way

if your entire pc is encrypted and you refuse to unlock it that will set off all their alarm bells and you'll never see the end of it
>>
File: 1498106824106.png (582KB, 1000x897px) Image search: [Google]
1498106824106.png
582KB, 1000x897px
>2009
>be from third world eastern European country
>run a bigger carding site
>successful for years
>drive to Germany to pick up AMG C-Class
>drive over the border
>arrive in Stuttgart
>police waiting at the hotel reception
>arrest me for cyber crime
>they take my laptop (Gentoo, full disk encryption)
>computer produces no output at all until key is typed in
>wait for trial
>Staatsanwalt starts reading
>"we were unable to find evidence on the computer hard disk, because it did not contain anything"
>get temporarily free
>they continue collecting evidence
>2 years pass
>get computer back
>final trial: innocent because lack of evidence
>>
>Oh, p-password for encryption. I'm assuming the fact (hands was trembling) that your don't know what it means. I'm protecting my data from hackers, can't give it!

>Understandable, have a nice day sir.
>>
>>61278699
>be convicted "pedophile"
>police do this to me every ~6 months anyway, unannouced
>>
my name isn't anon it's dave you senile old fuck get back to the nursing home
>>
>>61287987
>quotes around pedophile as if that will make you seem any less like a subhuman
>>
>>61288571
Actually I take issue because my preferences don't align with the academic definition.
>>
>>61288571
>>61288704
Also I was already subhuman to begin with, at least to some (even myself), due to my physical shortfalls.
>>
>>61278699
Im sorry sir, we can not check your compuer, is it broken or just retarded software choises?
>>
>>61287987
Why the quotes?
Did you get done for loli pictures or something?
>>
>>61288874
something, yes
>>
>>61288887
(you)
>>
>>61288902
yes
>>
>>61278699
>If you have anything encrypted, you must give us your passwords or else you will be taken into custody until you decide to comply.
So you can't prove I've done anything but you are going to hold me indefinitely without trial?
I'll take the lawyer and the tax payer funded vacation.
>>
>>61288704
You know what an ephebophile is?
A pedophile with a dictionary.
>>
>>61289074
KEK
>>
>>61285654
>Germany will soon force all german ISPs and phone companies to ban 4chan for "hate speech"
Looks like germany is doing us a favor and keeping normalfags out.
>>
>>61282207
While, in the meantime, soldiers who rape each other and kill civilians for a living, or policemen who shoot or beat anyone just because they feel like doing it, are heroes and we should all take them as an example of good citizens who work for our "freedom".
>>
>>61285654
I don't get this argument. If 4chan doesn't have any business extensions in Germany, how would the fine stick? Couldn't you just wipe your ass with the court order, and say, "We don't claim to cater to German law"?
>>
>>61279291
Bring the screen closer to your face. It's not that bad what with HD screens these days.
>>
>>61282542
What if we need to travel to US for work? Will they trust a random german guy with his greasy chinkpad?

And no, I don't have a separate PC as I work as an indie game developer and I would go there to attend GDC or PAX.
>>
>>61278699

I only have this Nokia dumbphone thank you please
>>
>>61279369
Its split between shitposters, shills and the few who actually believe and advocate for more "security".
>>
File: ravine 2.jpg (70KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
ravine 2.jpg
70KB, 650x650px
>>61289411
You remind me of me. Pic related is a global phone.
>>
>>61278699
>>"Are you Anon? We must inspect all of your electronic materials. If you have anything encrypted, you must give us your passwords or else you will be taken into custody until you decide to comply. Do you understand? Follow me, the police are waiting for you."
Shit the TSA would NEVER say
>>
>>61289411
>>61289431

Is this the new dumbphone circle jerk thread?
>>
>>61289506
Not really. I use a smarphone, but if I was going to cross national borders, you can bet I wouldn't be bringing my smart phone with me.
>>
>>61279369
Dear normalfags who say "I've nothing to hide xD":
https://www.wired.com/2013/06/why-i-have-nothing-to-hide-is-the-wrong-way-to-think-about-surveillance/
>>
Can't you just hide that shit somewhere in system32 ? Anything dangerous is unlikely to weigh more than a gigabyte, i.e. they won't notice.
>>
>>61289646
>system32
Huh?
>>
>>61278699
Lugage in my hand I greet the customsman No sir, I aint got nothing to declare He makes me stop What do you want me for? I aint done nothing wrong What do you want me for? He's got me to the private room But man, I aint got no criminal intension
>>
>>61278960
>Land of the '''''free'''''
Oh please, tell us where you live.
>>
>>61290343
he meant /bin/
>>
>>61278699
Orwell is rolling in his grave
>>
And this is why you don't travel with any of your real electronics

acquire on site, use all new accounts, burn accounts and destroy device before returning

They can't search or steal things that don't physically exist.
>>
Just dress poor in the first place, don`t dress rich. And get an old smartphone from years ago and carry it. No pictures or anything on it, already factory reset. Move personal files off laptop encrypt it, then fresh install a linux distro. Still keep nothing on it. When you arrive nothing to show, even if they check. After your out the airport call home and get someone to upload your files to you through an encrypted means. Or carry a tiny micro sd card in your case hidden inside your clothes bag inside a bottle. Ask for email ? give them a burner one. Basically act tech illiterate and dumb. If they ask for social media say your having family problems and have to stay away from it. Problems sorted. You`ll just have to take a book with you, surely you can cope without tech for max 24 hours until you arrive at your destination.
>>
>>61289370
Antifa faggot please leave
>>
>>61282077
They are talking specifically about Burgerland.
>>
File: F8Y9IoL.jpg (222KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
F8Y9IoL.jpg
222KB, 640x640px
Is there documented evidence of airports asking you to decrypt your drives? This smells of a retarded larp thread.

They may sometimes ask you to power it on as part of a useless test to see if the battery is wired to the laptop and not an explosive., but every time I've flown back into the US this has never happened to me either.

This thread reeks of neets freaking out over a non issue.
>>
>>61285786
>[citation needed]
>>
>>61291559
https://www.aclu.org/other/constitution-100-mile-border-zone
>>
>>61291540

On international flights yes definitely. Happens all the time. CBP agents can search anything they want for any reason they want.

For domestic flights, I don't think they can just randomly ask you to do this. TSA agents aren't as powerful as CBP because they need probable cause.
>>
>>61289373
you're right, but if you want your content available in a certain country, you need to comply with its laws

in other words, they can't force you to pay shit, but then they'd just block 4chan in Germany

Hiroshimoot probably wouldn't care, however, large companies might worry a bit more about losing revenue for that entire country and would rather pay the fine
>>
The easiest way to avoid scrutiny is to not dress like a fucking creep.
Work on your outward appearance, nobody ever suspects an attractive person to be a criminal, ever.
Even when they get caught they always get lesser sentences than an ugly person for the same crime.
>>
>>61285358
>wipe everything
What's "everything"?
>>
>>61289074
t. self-righteous hypocritical ephebophile in denial like 90%+ of men
>>
>>61289646
>Anything dangerous is unlikely to weigh more than a gigabyte
get a load of this babby
>>
>>61291884
Still waiting on actual evidence of this happening.
>>
>>61293311
Yep, your appearance is a tool, use it.
>>
>>61293640
Yes, yes cunt every man is a pedophile, but that's only because every woman is mentally 8yo.
>>
>>61291762
Read your own link, you have to agree to a physical search at boarder crossings and the boarder patrol can check for illegal immigrants within 100 miles.

This has nothing to do with a paranoid neets gentoo install unless dogs can somehow smell encrypted pictures of cocaine on your HDD.
>>
>>61293311
>just be attractive brah
>>
>>61279037
Patriot act
>let's see you count your way out of this one
>>
>>61293698
Ephebophile, you dumb ephebophile.

Pubescent/Post-pubescent =/= pre-pubescent
15 year old =/= 5 year old

Why is this so hard to understand for you anglos? It's also you who are the most perverted with the crazy Richard Huckle types.
>>
>>61291964
People would just change their DNS, 4chan is blocked in Turkey and China yet you see them here everyday.
>>
File: 1499402259163.png (935KB, 858x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1499402259163.png
935KB, 858x1200px
>>61293765
You're barking at the wrong tree and don't forget to complain on your facebook about evil mgtow when your cunt dry out and you'll cry yourself to sleep.
>>
>>61294018
slut
>>
>>61294018
>mgtow
I dislike men, love women and am somewhat asexual, nice try tranny.
>>
File: Human Ramen.jpg (5KB, 219x230px) Image search: [Google]
Human Ramen.jpg
5KB, 219x230px
>>61278699
>Shows bare bones install of Windows 7
>Hides all my files in a disconnected hard drive inside laptop
Get gud
>>
>>61278699
Plan A: Yell "AM I BEING DETAINED???" and call lawyer.
Plan B: turn back and refuse the search. Leave customs and class lawyer.
Plan C: That laptop doesn't work. Sorry. Prove its encryted. (hidden volume)
>>
File: 1499019831666.jpg (84KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1499019831666.jpg
84KB, 1200x675px
>>61294102
>>61294150
>somewhat asexual
>deleting your own posts
Underage please don't try to meme me like this.
>>
>>61287355
yeah youre almost always good as long as they you're not in burgerland
>>
>>61278699
I never understand these threads, it's not like I have anything illegal on my drives. What the fuck is this situation anyways, authorities don't just go to your house to check your computer, what the fuck man.
>>
File: lain.png (205KB, 500x429px) Image search: [Google]
lain.png
205KB, 500x429px
>>61294219
>triggered tranny
>>
>>61291083
>whataboutism
>>
>>61278699
This is why I'll never visit the USA or UK.
>>
>>61294267
got something to hide pal?
>>
>>61294245
>go to your house
Don't you see the Customs and Immigrations sign in OP pic?
>>
>>61294282
And they don't check laptops you stupid faggot

Find me one goddamn example of TSA asking for a laptop to be decrypted.
>>
File: 1497204665110.jpg (570KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1497204665110.jpg
570KB, 750x1000px
>>61294260
>tranny
You can keep using this word but unlike you I don't have any mental illness.
>>
>>61294499
just a huge need to be dressed up and fucked in the ass.
>>
File: 1452270538329.jpg (14KB, 251x255px) Image search: [Google]
1452270538329.jpg
14KB, 251x255px
>>61294499
But trannies are mentally ill.
>>
>>61294262
so you're from some 3rd world dictatorial shithole.

Stay mad, stay poor, stay brown.
>>
File: 1497213032712.jpg (82KB, 850x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1497213032712.jpg
82KB, 850x1200px
>>61294512
You're on /g/ lad, it's occupational disease.
>>61294557
It's ok cunt someday you will unfuck your brain and realize that "asexual" is a meme and maybe even find out what's the difference between faggot and a tranny, unless you won't kill yourself before that.
>>
>>61294790
i got the scratch for your itch anon.
>>
>>61294790
>"asexual" is a meme
Um, no sweetie.
>unless you won't kill yourself before that
Why would I do that? I don't have "gender dysphoria" like you.
>>
File: 1497196416730.jpg (178KB, 1200x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1497196416730.jpg
178KB, 1200x1500px
>>61294889
It isn't a meme for 0.001% of people claiming to be asexual, if you can say something like
>love women and am somewhat asexual
it mean you have fucked up diet or there is other outside factor that lower your libido, once you grow up and reach certain age your hormones will find a way to overcome this and remind you about themselves but by then it might be too late for you, this is literally what any good doctor will tell you if you ask him cunt.
>gender dysphoria
Nice meme but I like my man dress up for humiliation factor.
>>
>>61295123
>Nice meme but I like my man dress up for humiliation factor.
>actual roastie
leave
>>
@61295123
k sweetie

>>61295184
It's a tranny, don't reply.
>>
>>61295184
You shouldn't reply to posts if didn't follow the reply chain or your reading comprehension is level of elementary school like this cunt>>61295233
>>
>>61295258
you should make your replies more interesting and intelligible if you want people to read them xd
>>
>>61278699
Wait do normal people not wipe devices they take traveling on personal trips? Always seemed like common sense to me.
>>
File: 1497196504350.jpg (523KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1497196504350.jpg
523KB, 800x1200px
>>61295279
It's ok a proper adult need to be understanding toward children like you.
>>
>>61295342
im not going to let you suck my cute shota dick, go away you creepy tranny freak.
>>
>the tranny is still mad
>>
>>61278699
>not having a decoy windows 10 install with all the normie shit
>>
I'm not stupid to have shit on my laptop, I would do the same as >>61283200
>>
>>61294761
>so you're from some 3rd world dictatorial shithole.

I'm not from the US you faggot
>>
>>61297146
you seem to be from plebbit. you should go back there.
>>
>>61297184
t. reddit
>>
>>61278699
>"Sir, we need to go through your laptop"
>A balding, overweight, middle age man stares me down, trying to look tough
>Yeah sure, whatever, I say as I take out my think pad, the NPR and FOSS stickers gleaming on the case as I do so
>I see a qt3.14 giggling to her friend as she points at me, she must be mirin my superior laptop choice
>Enter your password, sir, says the bloated customs agent
>I type my password in, while staring at him, I touch type, I don't need to look at my keyboard
>I press enter and slide my laptop toward him
>"Have a look", I say with a smirk
>The corpulant man looks down and starts to move the mouse, but then he stops
>He sits and stares, sweat beads forming on his forehead
>It's clear he doesn't know how to use Arch
>"What's wrong?" I say loudly, "not know how to use a computer?"
>People turn and look
>He quickly closes the laptop, while stuttering "every thing looks fine, you're free to go"
>I place my laptop back in my bag, and leave, smiling
>Richard Stallman puts down his free coffee from across the terminal and nods to me
>>
>>61297045
Can you dual boot a phone? Only thing I know is Samsung's private folder, that runs on an encrypted separate partition
>>
>>61279115
>Laptop is in checked in luggage
Wanna know how I know your lying? Federal regulations prevent lithium batteries from going in checked luggage. They mist be carried on. Unless you lock them in a box with a declared firearm, you're carrying it on.
Source: fly internationally monthly
>>
>>61299087
My phone supports multiple users so yeah, u can have a normie decoy partition
>>
>>61299095
http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/21/news/airline-electronics-ban-middle-east-africa/

>inb4 cnn
>>
File: 1499442135821.png (28KB, 1800x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1499442135821.png
28KB, 1800x1100px
>change language to georgian
>mess up the monitor's colors so it's bright red/orange/yellow
>make the cursor the same color so it hurts the brain
>also make the cursor extremely slow and invert the directions
>"Um...th-the inspection is not necessary anymore, h-have a good flight sir."
გმადლობ
>>
>>61299168
>implying they don't have drive copying software
>>
>>61281922
>Its happened before.[1]
citation required.
>>
kek

this doesn't actually happen randomly, does it? bretty sure the last time I was at customs they just ask you where you went and why.
>>
Mail your encrypted harddisk to your destination
>>
>>61278974
Looking at G20 I hope you don't reside in the Socialist Republic of Germanistan. Not that the Democratic People's Republic of Bongistan is any better either.
>>
>>61297184
wew lad
>>
File: 1499647079892.jpg (19KB, 480x488px) Image search: [Google]
1499647079892.jpg
19KB, 480x488px
>>61279259

>anti-semantic

i'll let you know that i am an english teacher
>>
>>61278699
>"mr. anon, it says here you are returning from india, via the middle east. care to tell us the reason for your visit to the US?"
>"im returning from leave where i visited my family. im in the navy, and here's my military ID"
>"ah, thank you for your service, and welcome back"

ez
>>
File: 13190770-essay.jpg (213KB, 980x719px) Image search: [Google]
13190770-essay.jpg
213KB, 980x719px
>>61300267
>thank you for your service
>>
>have my keepass database backed up in external hard dives protected by keepass
>realize those backups are completely useless because i cant access them without my database anyways

fuck

should i keep everything in a veracrypt container in my external hard drives and leave the database backup outside the container unprotected? is that safe?
>>
>>61278699
>anglo problems
lost all interest in travelling to the us or uk since the patriot act and snowden
>>
>>61278699
> If you have anything encrypted, you must give us your passwords
No encrypted, no passwords. No comprende!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deniable_encryption
>>
>>61279259
I can't be anti-semantic you racist asshole, don't you know muslims are semites?
>>
>>61297184
> damage controlling this hard
But seriously, airport security does not care, they have enough to worry about: water bottles, things that look like knives (been asked about crimping tools twice), they only may want you to power it on to make sure it's not a bomb disguised as a laptop/smartphone.
>>
File: freedums.jpg (62KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
freedums.jpg
62KB, 720x540px
>>61278699
>>
>laptop boots to firmware
>boot unencrypted OS from firmware
>don't tell them about the OS with encrypted home partition I've also got installed
>>
>>61278759
This. All my sensitive shit is on another encrypted machine. The laptop I travel with has nothing on it, plain windows, some word docs and spreadsheets. Only fucking retards get caught with their 2d loli at the airport
>>
>>61301379

>Police will be conducting searches of bags and coolers for reasons of public safety.

That's just fucking with the people and the police.
>>
File: disobey.jpg (68KB, 684x524px) Image search: [Google]
disobey.jpg
68KB, 684x524px
>>61301426
Yep, and a bastardization of the notion of "free".
Disgraceful.
>>
>>61301385
That is cheating
>>
>>61301692
No, it's being smart
>>
go ahead kind sir! - i have nothing to hide!
>stores all the good stuff on a external flashdrive
>>
>>61301993
>the good stuff
what would that be?
>>
>>61302075
you know... stuff.. for work and such... visual aides
>>
>>61302114
>i support ruining of childrens lives' teehee
jump off the nearest skyscraper ASAP
>>
>>61302114
I need details anon.
>>
is there a system where instead of files being encrypted their formats are altered so that it's essentially treated as corrupted, and then switched back? i figured that's easier than doing encryption.
>>
Use encryption with plausible deniability.

You have two encryption keys: the first one is fake. When you use the first key, a partition gets decrypted and you can put loads of normie shit there. When you use the second key, the second partition gets decrypted. That's your real partition.

The trick here is that with either key it's impossible to detect the existence of the other partition.
>>
>>61302195
Forensic tools check files with signatures differing from the format first.
>>
>>61285747
yes, america is the land if the free.
they hate encryption, but love 24/7 nsa surveillance
>>
>>61302262
Better yet, in order to access the password prompt for the encrypted partition you have to hold down a key. They just press the power button and it auto boots to normie drive
>>
>>61302262
im always afraid of fucking up somehow and fucking up the hidden volume when i write to the outer volume

also its suspicious only having 1gb used in a 1tb hdd and i dont want to waste hdd space making it look real
>>
File: 1446999369819.png (18KB, 626x551px) Image search: [Google]
1446999369819.png
18KB, 626x551px
>>61279259
>anti-semantic
>>
File: 1498512342932.jpg (106KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1498512342932.jpg
106KB, 1280x720px
>>61294790
>You're on /g/ lad, it's occupational disease.
>>
fack off pedos back to >>>/a/ -_-
>>
>>61303638
>>>/r/eddit -_-
>>
File: IMG_2556.jpg (49KB, 631x430px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2556.jpg
49KB, 631x430px
>>61303638
>>61303767
Lets all go outside
>>
File: tJo3oGo.jpg (160KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tJo3oGo.jpg
160KB, 1920x1080px
thats why you buy a macbook pro and install arch on it. on the outside I am just another mac user who has no idea, preferably buy a starbucks coffee beforehand and wear a starwars shirt for maximum effect. only time it got dicey was when I was on a plane typing away in the terminal and the guy next to me looked strange. but I could defuse the situation when I said "man millenials dont even know the struggle of code artists like me when they use our cutting edge apps". the guy just nodded approvingly as if I did the Jedi wave.

They will never catch me.
>>
>>61299323
Said the guy with armed Turkish soldier punching his fellow citizens, in their own freedom street.
>>
>>61301379
>nothing said about charcoal grills
shiggy diggy
>>
>>61299056
>The liberal professor smirked quite jewishly
>>
>>61282531
thumbnails? wut
>>
>>61278699
United States v. Doe, 2011

Compelling me to provide decryption keys is a violation of my fifth amendment rights.
If you had a case against me, you'd have proof without the decryption.

See you in court.
>>
>>61289125
source?
>>
>>61306225
t. John Doe
>>
>>61304711
>Imagine being THIS autistic
>>
File: 1473297334868.png (501KB, 2992x2992px) Image search: [Google]
1473297334868.png
501KB, 2992x2992px
>>61278759
>>
>>61282531
What r you on about?
>>
>>61306247
Truly, a man dedicated to the act.
>>
>>61306225
>implying they won't invoke the Patriot Act and hold you non habeas corpus
>>
>>61278699
>"Sir, it appears you're using an encryption key more secure than allowed by US and International law. I'm afraid all of your electronic materials will have to be seized."
>>
>>61278834
I remember there were tools built to silently drop CP in the hackingteam leak
>>
>>61282531

"If I could walk THAT way I wouldn't have claimed to be hetero"
>>
>>61307206
Well that's scary.
>>
>>61306234
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2017/06/30/germany-fine-facebook-youtube-50m-fail-delete-hate-speech/
>>
>>61299056
I actually imagine this happening but anon gets arrested for taunting the airport guy
>>
>>61308106
Is there a worse country?
>>
>>61301379
>no fun allowed
Thread posts: 277
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.