[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lineage OS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 7

File: Install-Lineage-OS-ROM-696x387.jpg (16KB, 696x387px) Image search: [Google]
Install-Lineage-OS-ROM-696x387.jpg
16KB, 696x387px
What has your experience with Lineage OS been?
>>
Good aside from having to re-root every time I install an update.
>>
>>61278565
probably one of the cleanest stock roms put there. no round nougat icons.
>>
>>61278565
Good. I use it on my Nexus 4
>>
>>61278565
Battery is still poor
Get really hot , i mean REALLY hot.
Over all they can do better and fix the new user setup bug ,
Nexus5 user , and because of the heating only i went back to stock 6.0.1
>>
>>61278668
but what about the google malware?
>>
>>61278668
Does it do that on every device?
>>
>>61278688
No, not on my Nexus 4
>>
Required too many tweaks to get some basic stuff working, performance was almost the same and random bugs would pop out
Going back to stock after 3 weeks of using it was just so comfy that never tried it again
This was on my old Moto E2

Right now i'm on a midrange Huawei and MUIU is getting on my nerves, so might try it again if a decent build pops up (seriously doubt it)
>>
>>61278577
You're doing it wrong then, I've only had the issue once when I had to do a manual update
>>
>>61278748
>random bugs
such as?
did it also mess with your battery life?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170708-175351.png (103KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170708-175351.png
103KB, 1080x1920px
I like it. It's perfectly stable, all hardware works. Never had a problem.

>>61278668
Sounds like a hardware defect. I use a Nexus 5 and it never gets hot. Maybe a little warm during updates, but never so hot that I'd have to put it down. Battery life is also average for me. No real change since coming from stock Marshmallow.

>>61278675
It doesn't come with any Google services installed.

>>61278768
If you're going to use it, use it on a Nexus device. They have much better support for drivers and stuff.
>>
>>61278793
>Nexus device
what about, lets say, an s5neo?
>>
>>61278565
Just flashed a 7.1.2 on my 1st gen Moto G. Running faster than one of the last CM versions I installed like 1 week before it went under. Also better battery life so far and fixed a few annoying bugs I had with the previous CM.

Pretty good, has been on for about 76 hours now and it's stable. No apps crashing from what I use and hasn't restarted itself yet either. If it keeps doing this well, it might just extend my Moto G's life for a few months longer.
>>
>>61278878
No. It has a proprietary bootloader that you have to hack to unlock and as many closed source drivers as Samdung could pack into it. It might not even be supported. The whole point of Nexus devices is that the target audience is nerds.
>>
>>61278590
i hate the round icons, can i get rid of them on resurrectionremix, round icons are cancer compared to squares etc.
>>
>>61278668

Same issue with my moto x play. It's related to this clusterplug thing that uses big cores most of the time.
>>
finally was able to flash it onto my note 3.
screen has horrible burning though, so haven't tested it out
>>
>>61278768
Random resets, ghosting, some apps worked like shit and would randomly shut down, caller ids not showing sometimes, etc
That kind of bugs, tried multiple installs and wipes, sometimes it got better but eventually an update would break stuff.
Maybe it got better now, but since I only use that phone as backup, stock is alright

As I said, eventually might use it on my new device since I dont like muiu so far
>>
Give me one good reason why you should trust the random arab who maintains the build for your phone?
I thought you guys liked security?
>>
>>61278675
>>61278793
How does it not have Google service default, what am I doing wrong, did they change it during the 5x?
>>
>>61279293
>arabs=less security
Oh look its one of those retards.
Please go back to your containment board and idk, look for things you haven't yet blamed the jews for.
>>
Good. It runs better than anything else I have put on my i9300.
>>
>>61279546
>How does it not have Google service default
They just aren't installed.

You're thinking of Google stock Android, which is what comes pre-installed on Nexus devices. Stop being a fucking retard. We're talking about this: https://www.lineageos.org/
>>
>>61279546
Everything in Lineage is compiled from source (except proprietary BLOB's for the kernel), with many unnecessary components removed.
You can get the google apps and services from the community builds here: opengapps.org
>>
>>61279293
Why would you trust a white man?
Everyone knows that white people are corrupt and greedy, they only care about money.
>>
>>61279011
>No. It has a proprietary bootloader that you have to hack to unlock and as many closed source drivers as Samdung could pack into it. It might not even be supported. The whole point of Nexus devices is that the target audience is nerds.
But... it says my s5neo is supported. am i missing something?
i just want to know if isnt as good as samsoong android.
>>
File: s5neo.png (35KB, 307x603px) Image search: [Google]
s5neo.png
35KB, 307x603px
>>61279721
Where is it supported?
>>
>>61279721
How fucking dense are you? If you don't understand what I said then leave this board and never come back.

"Supported" doesn't mean it's supported well, jackass.
>>
>>61278973
I'm surprised you use it regularly. I use it as cheap mp3 player and it struggles. No Google play services but it can barely play mp3s without lagging
>>
File: hang1.jpg (72KB, 530x800px) Image search: [Google]
hang1.jpg
72KB, 530x800px
>>61279784
>How fucking dense are you
wew, youre an asshole.
>>61279766
>Where is it supported?
on cyanogenmods.org it says:
>Android Nougat 7.1 ROM, Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy S5 Neo has now arrived via an UNOFFICIAL and OFFICIAL build.
But i guess the official build is a mystical beast of legend because i cant find it so i suppose it doesnt actually exist.
Oh well, so much for that.
>>
>>61279842
>cyanogenmods.org

CyanogenMod has been discontinued. Lineage OS is the continuation of it. Now fuck off, you dense underage piece of shit.
>>
>>61278577
Kys you fucking useless fagot.
>>
>>61279842
>cyanogenmods.org
Yeah, nah.

The "Official" build just means that they are using the LineageOS source code unmodified, with their custom kernel. It's not a "LineageOS Official" build.
>>
>>61279094
sadly no (unless you request it or manually change the code), hence why I use lineage.
>>
Excellent
>>
I'm too lazy to look it up, is galaxy s7 edge (snapdragon version) supported?
>>
Works fine on my redmeme note 3

>10 hours SoT
>all security updates
>everything stable and working well
>finally get rid of miui

:^)
>>
Is this shit decent on the Moto G4Plus yet?
>>
Works great on my G4 Play.

Battery life, stability, features - all really good. Just wish it had CM's theme engine.
>>
>>61278565
I can't update it on my Oneplus One because it always fucks the home screen up.
Other than that it's great.
>>
>>61279619
>>61279704
Woops misunderstandings thought yall were talking about stock nexus
>>
>>61278577
Is it important to update often?
>>
>>61278565
I'm using the unofficial build on the Redmeme Note 4. Even though it's just made by a single pajeet, it works so much better than MIUI ever did.

About to go official in 1-2 months.
>>
File: 1322615842122.jpg (17KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1322615842122.jpg
17KB, 400x400px
>>61278565
>biggest open source rom with hundreds of contributors
>hey let's make money based on other ppls contributions
>good idea
>hey Firm x let's make a contract
>firm x: ok
>nah, we have a better deal, so we break the contract
>nah google, 2billion is nothing
>"shoot a bullet through google's head"
>guy no worries cm is totally different from cygn
>cygn goes down
>along with cm
>h-hey guys lineagOS.. trust me!
>>
>>61282734
Lineage development is being headed by the original lead developers of CyanogenMod, who split off from Cyanogen before the ship sank.
The Lineage codebase is open source, and if you want to construct a real argument, you should go through the source code and find the places where it's still doing the things that CyanogenMod was doing wrong.

The reason that CM died was that the Cyanogen company forced the CM developers to integrate telemetry and advertisements into the CyanogenMod ROM.
>>
very good still being updated on my 3 year old tablet
>>
>>61282796
the original lead thats named Steve Kondig, which fucked over the users an contrubutors.

The real split off resulted in OmniROM.

check your facts, retard.
>>
>>61278668
This, battery is awful and performance is not that great
>Inb4 hardware issue
It works fine on MIUI or other AOSP based roms
>>
>>61278565
Works perfectly on my old zenfone 2
>>
>>61278565
Not as great as CM12. I'm encountering bugs when trying to test apps in debug mode and the sms app is a huge step backwards compared to what was available before.
>>
>>61279127
motherfuckers, so that's why my oneplusx gets so hot... how do i disable this clusterplug shit?
>>
File: 1235765465.gif (24KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1235765465.gif
24KB, 200x200px
>>61278565
Mega Ultimate Battery Drain
>>
>>61278565
Works perfectly on my Moto G3 Osprey
>>
>>61278721
hello Yulia ;)
>>
>>61285017
That's strange, the battery life on my OPO has been incredible since installing Lineage.
>>
How's lineage on the Galaxy Note 4? If there's an official build?
>>
>>61285026
did you experience any touch screen issues on your device?
>>
>>61281891
How long have you been using it?
>>
>>61279293

Are you talking about this guy?

https://github.com/aarani

Tbh, although I don't like sandniggers, I'm more concerned about him being a server admin and webdev.
Based on what does Github put someone at the head of the list, contributions? So if someone makes hundreds of UI tweaks, he gets rated higher than one guy making a kernel contribution?
>>
>>61281843
Do OTA updates work for you? I recently flashed a newer nightly after using a 4 months old ROM for a long time, and it bricked my phone, so I had to go back to MIUI Dev, unlock again and then go back to the new Nightly for LOS. I'd rather not go through that hassle again for the next update. Also, on cyanogen, OTA updates would often fuck with the unlock patterns or otherwise mess up stuff.
>>
>>61285330 is me.

Aside from finicky flashing sometimes, I really like Lineage on my Redmi Note 3. After I bricked my phone and had to go back to MIUI, I thought I'd give it a chance and stick with it, but I'm just too comfy with stock Android. It's beautiful, no excess Google software that you cannot uninstall, it runs fast and battery life is amazing. Battery drain in idle is almost nonexistent (charge doesn't decrease over night while I don't use it or at most 1% over 7 hours). In the newer ROMs, the previous bug with the camera and camcorder and flashlight have been fixed, all work without issues now. The only thing that is still buggy is live display, their version of f.lux/redshift/twilight. It works but fails to turn off automatically.
>>
Almost perfect (without root or gapps), but music players in the background don't seem to get enough CPU time because the phone falls to low power states too easily and working around it is ugly. Battery life is better than on Oxygen, updating is easy enough and the plethora of configuration options (compared to Oxygen) turned out to be a welcome addition, and not feel like "bloat".
>>
>>61284942

By flashing a different kernel with clusterplug off or tweaking by yourself in Kernel Adiutor. Or with an init.d script that disable clusterplug if its available for this phone.
>>
>>61285632

Also sometimes the GPU governor is set on "performance". Ok phones runs smoothly with clusterplug and that but battery life is shitty.
>>
>>61278752
Updates overwrite root and custom kernel though, it becomes a pain in the ass to flash 3 zips every time.
>>
>>61278565
The first thing I install when I purchase a new phone(including the time it was called CM) unless pure AOSP is also available. If it works alright I check out the derived ROMs, because LOS is quite bare-bones. Even with some bugs it's better than any stock ROM.
>>
>>61285796
>Updates overwrite root
They don't if you use their own method:
https://download.lineageos.org/extras
>>
>>61278565
Wasn't working at first install but its amazing now close to last release of cm.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170709-145559.png (105KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170709-145559.png
105KB, 1080x1920px
Bretty good.
no gapps + fdroid is GOAT.
Haven't experienced any bugs (wich is strange for an android fork);
Battery is the same as stock android (previous rom was AOSP, wich itself had better battery life than the stock OPO rom);
The only pain in the ass is what >>61278577 said, but i will try >>61285862 at my next update;
>>
Normie question here, can I still get snapchat + FB messenger on Lineage OS? I'm all for FOSS but still need to stay in touch with friends.
>>
>>61287718
Yeah sure you can ,
The only app i had problems with was what's app
(Yes i do indeed live in a 3rd word country)
>>
>>61287718
I think it depends on google services framework.
You could always flash openGapps pico wich includes just that and nothing more.
>>
>>61278565
Surprisingly good, I run a oneplus2 and have only been using it for a couple of months because no more android updates. Everything runs smooth, no problem with root apps. A big improvement over the Cyanogen mod I ran for a few weeks before deciding to go back to stock.

But generally speaking, any custom rom will have varying results on different devices. It all depends on the work that is done for your particular device.
>>
>>61287738
>>61287740
The only problem I can think of is snapchat might require your location for the map stalking feature, even if I don't use it. If I do change, I really wouldn't want any google apps on the phone as that kind of defeats the purpose of changing OS for me.
>>
>OPO
Absolute shit
>>
>>61285051
Please, do tell! I'm backing up all my data and moving from CyanogenMod 7.1.1 to LineageOS.
Any things I should look out for?
>>
Installed it yesterday, everything's fine by now. Only problem is I can't seem to be able to root it, even tough I tried a lot of times. Can anyone help me?
>>
>>61288384
Loving your arguments so far...
>>
>>61288467
see >>61285862
>>
I've installed Cyanogenmod (now LineageOS) on pretty much every smartphone I've owned and it's always been very stable and bug-free for me. I've never felt that it wasn't good enough do be used as a daily driver. Though I've picked all my phones based on the amount of the ROM support they have (Nexus 4, Moto G, OPO etc.), you might have a different experience if your phone is something less well supported.
>>
>>61288488
Thanks but it did not work
>>
>>61283387
This. Significantly improved battery life, too. Mind you, it's still shit because of the Intel Housefire™ processor.
>>
>>61288056
If you don't open the map stalking thing, it doesn't ask for location. Plus, I usually turn it on and then set a mock location in North Korea for fun.
Only thing you may have difficulty with is SafetyNet, which Snapchat only seems to check on login, so flash SuperSU after you login.
>>
>>61288591
Just flash SuperSU or Magisk
>>
>>61285330
well you were using a really old build to be honest, most of the time it goes smooth though
since you had to unlock the bootloader again were you unlocked unofficially and on lollipop bootloader? thats your problem, too old simply and it seems to be required to have new enough firmware at the moment
>>
>>61288697
That doesn't work either. I already have Magisk
>>
>>61288722
How are you checking to see if you have root?
>>
>>61288729
Terminal with su command + super su
>>
>>61288672
Can't you use systemless root?

Is it a lot of hassle to use Magisk instead of their own method, assuming their recommended method doesn't pass safetynet?
>>
>>61278565
I installed it two days ago. It's pretty solid. Runs as fast as the stock rom did and doesn't glitch out. It also doesn't look like shit unlike Cyanogen. I think I'll be sticking with it.
>>
>>61278577
install addonsu in the extras section on the lineageos website
>>
>>61278565
just regular android with shit battery life.
>>
>>61278565
Good but substratum is shit. Bring back CMTE.
>>
>>61279094
Use a custom icon pack
>>
Buggy garbage for Cyanocucks in withdrawl that they can stick on their shitty chinkphones because they can't afford a premium device.
>>
pretty great OP
feels good having a fully open stack without Gapps
>>
>>61290833
So use AOSP lmao...
>>
>>61288954
>not using Magisk and MagiskSU
get with the times, gramps
>>
Excelent.

*tips fedora to the lineage OS team*
>>
>>61278565
Why should I use this over Android? Serious question.
>>
I miss Slim Pie. For some reason this is not standard in every ROM.
>>
>>61292042
It is Android. It is not AOSP but a custom version if it.
>>
What's the alternative to Xprivacy on LineageOS?

I'm waiting for Xposed/Xprivacy to be released for Nougat before making the switch, but it looks like it may never happen. I can use AFWall to block apps from the Internet, but how do I restrict the apps with Internet access from wrecking havoc?
>>
>>61292316
It's called "Privacy Guard" and it's very flexible, look for it on the internet.
>>
Not sure, updates won't work on my S4 anymore even if I try an older Lineage
>>
>>61288434
>Any things I should look out for?
No, it just works. Just be aware that there is no Xposed for Nougat.
>>
>>61278565
Great.
Lineages is fucking good.
Thread posts: 108
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.