[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pro consumer printer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: c04385644.png (178KB, 573x430px) Image search: [Google]
c04385644.png
178KB, 573x430px
>Printer ink is one of the most expensive liquids on this planet
>No-name ink gets blocked by firmware. Why not just produce high-quality ink and adjust the price so people buy the original one?
>Some of them have a page limit until they automatically shut off and have to be "repaired".
>Always sprinkle a bit of color ink, even on black/white prints to waste is and make you trackable to the CIA
>CANT PRINT BLACK/WHITE WHEN THERE IS NO COLORED INK, EVEN THOUGH ITS NOT EVEN NEEDED
>always don't work in the most inconvinient moment

Does currently any printer exists which doesn't try to fuck the consumer in every way possible? If no, how much would it cost the community do design one themselves and sell it?
>>
They've all been doing this since 2010 at least. Only way out is to buy an older one which is why they're higher valued. Also you should buy laser either way, even though color laser is cheaper in the long run but you can't afford one now, mono laser is joke cheap and will cut down on 80% of your needs to use the color printer.

Even if you have to use ink carts, you can get remanufactured ones on ebay for cheap. They use the actual manufacturer's carts with the same chip so it doesn't complain. Much like how third world countries wash out single dollar bills to get the proprietary paper they're printed on so they can attempt to print a 100 dollar bill on it. Even if they try to jew you on not being able to re-use the same cart, there has to be a threshold and you'd at least get one more run out of it. Even if you doubled the cost of a remanufactured cart because of this, you're still paying $10 versus $50+ for retail.
>>
>>61276068
So most of the time it would actually be better to use a mono-laser printer and do the rarer color printing in print-shops?
>>
File: CP-518Ni.jpg (41KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
CP-518Ni.jpg
41KB, 300x300px
>>61276107
Yes or a library if you really don't do color that often. Mono laser is less than $80 shipped and you can get them on sale for $60 in retail stores. laser is more reliable and has less checks for third party toner carts. also they don't dry out.

It's rare but sometimes you can find 10 year old color laser printers in thrift stores. When I used to do IT, over the course of 3 years I got 6 free HP color laserjets because businesses are that clueless and in one case they threw it out just because the black cart in it was spent. The colors were still at like 80%. pic related.
>>
by the time you replace all 4 color toners, you basically bought a whole new printer. no matter if its laser or inkjet, replacing the inks/toners cost as much if not more than a new printer
>>
>>61276031
So then just get an industrial laser printer and use toner. Best thing one can hope for.
>>
File: 1335466888849.jpg (24KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1335466888849.jpg
24KB, 360x270px
>mfw got HP 6L back in 99
>mfw still works
>mfw have drivers for all windows up to 10, linux and os x
>mfw print almost 15k pages a year and only need a simple clean
>mfw every part is screwed with non-proprietary screws and assemble is simple
>mfw cost of tonner to refill and clean the cartridge is less than $500 a year and each cartridge last 2,5k pages

feels good, only """downside""" is that is LPT so on new computers without a LTP header i need either a pci-e card or those shit lpt-usb cables.
>>
>>61276031
Your Brother
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.