[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what the shit is this saturn board covered with? >inb4 cum

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: saturn ded3.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
saturn ded3.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
what the shit is this saturn board covered with?
>inb4 cum
>>
>>61275616
Water rot
>>
>>61275616
Send it to Rossman.
>>
>>61275616
corrosion, if you couldn't figure it out from the metal sheets laying around
if the traces got corroded, which they probably did, you're out of luck.

>>61275636
not even Rossmann would fix shit like this
>>
>>61275616

I've dealt with corrosion on boards before.

Soak the spots in rubbing alcohol, until it dries, Then use something soft to scrub it (I used a toothbrush). If it doesn't come of then try vinegar and water mix. Then scrub. Clean off with alcohol. Then I would finally use some contact cleaner on the board to discharge any static and clean up residue.
>>
>>61275905
I've dealt with a bit of corrosion before but never anything like this. Thanks anon. At any rate, it powers up, appears to read the disc and load information, I just don't get any picture on the screen.
>>
>>61275905
>to discharge any static
you are some mega autist
>bathed in alcohol and what not
>muh static
are you literally retarded?
>>
>inb4 cum
its e-sperm anon
>>
>>61275974
>>>61275905 (You)
>>to discharge any static
>you are some mega autist
>>bathed in alcohol and what not
>>muh static
>are you literally retarded?

You're dealing with brushes and static not to mention corrosion. I guess you don't know what corrosion is and how it effects contacts and buildup.
>>
>>61275930
>>>61275905 (You)
>I've dealt with a bit of corrosion before but never anything like this. Thanks anon. At any rate, it powers up, appears to read the disc and load information, I just don't get any picture on the screen.

Does the video cable output slot have any corrosion on the inside? I would think the Saturn wouldn't turn on if the video chip was shot. Maybe if you get the corrosion off try to reflow it?
>>
Just fucking trash it and buy a replacement motherboard.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sega-Saturn-Motherboard-171-7006C-Genuine-Replacement-Part-JAPAN-B-/142430739504?hash=item2129889c30:g:LQgAAOSwYlRZFW6q

$23.
>>
cum
face reality pumpkin
>>
>>61275974
I once soaked a board in acetone overnight in order to remove the "anti-piracy" measures some asshat employed to prevent anyone from dumping the board. That measure being multiple layers of fucking epoxy over the chips. Fucking epoxy.

It worked. Board booted up just fine, and dumped good. Amazing what you can do without any damage.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.