[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think the government gave me malware

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: a.jpg (19KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
19KB, 300x225px
So I misspelled a URL by mistake, and I was taken to some kind of official AT&T counter terrorism website, and then immediately all the devices in my house connected to my internet restarted with "updates". Should I be concerned?
>>
>>61267551
What was the URL so we can avoid it
>>
>>61267551
What the fuck kind of malware can infect your entire home network after visiting a website on one device? That's fucking insane.
>>
>>61268092
Well, it was a rockstar URL for GTA V, because they thought I cheated, even though I couldn't cheat in that game if I wanted (I'm not tech/game/internet savvy at all), and I typed in this long string of letters that made up the URL (I know it was official), but I think I misspelled the URL and it fucked everything up and now I'm paranoid that the NSA or some shit is recording me and my internet history through my devices. Am I paranoid, or are my fears reasonable?
>>
>>61268133
Well, the CIA did put back doors everywhere and now with the CIA vault 7 leaks I assume governments make use of this knowledge. And remember that Microsoft is known for cooperating with governments on things like this to 'counter crime and terrorism'
>>
>>61268133
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vLpzKo6NI8

Check this shit out. This may give you some answers.
>>
>>61268172
The NSA has been recording that shit for years. Did you not read the Snowden leaks? Everything you do on your computer the NSA has on file. And after Windows 10 not even Tor can hide anything.
>>
>>61268198
I know that, but now I feel like they're focusing on me. They record everyone, I know that, but I feel like I'm on some kind of special list or some shit
>>
>>61268176
>>61268197
Do we have any actual evidence of shit like this existing "in the wild" though? I understand that intelligence agencies might be capable of something like this, but just saying "vault 7" and "hardware backdoors" isn't conclusive to me. If something like this exists, I severely doubt OP is the first person taht it would happen to.

And look at >>61268172
This guy appears to have followed a phising message of some kind, that probably has nothing to do with the government at all. OP, show us some specific shit, what is this message that you got from "rockstar", what is the URL that you were sent?
>>
>>61268221
Well, keep your nose clean. Get a used thinkpad for degenerate shit, terror plans and that sort of thing and don't keep anything with your name on it at all
>>
>>61268221
>I feel like I'm on some kind of special list or some shit

You sound like you have paranoid schizophrenia.
>>
>>61268172
what's the url anon?
>>
>>61268255
No dude, it was an official link from Rockstar, I looked it up after the fact and everything was fine, but I typed the URL in wrong at first
>>
post link m8
>>
>>61268284
I don't know, try looking up rockstar cheating URL or something like that, it was a long complicated URL
>>
>>61268293
>I typed the URL in wrong at first

Why didn't you fucking just copy paste or click it like a normal person?

>>61268304
What the fuck do you mean you don't know? Do you not still have the message?
>>
>>61268315
It was on my Xbox
>>
>>61268321
The message went away after I exited the game, this happened a couple weeks ago btw
>>
>>61267551
Post the url you dumbass, we can't " help " you UK anyway unless you give us the url
Or you're just bullshitting
>>
>>61268344
I'm looking for it right now, sorry
>>
>>61268351
I found it! rsg ms/989c019 Just add a dot between the rsg and the ms. Keep in mind that the problem wasn't the url, it was that I typed it in incorrectly
>>
>>61268332
So, you have a weird story that you can in no way substantiate, you sound like you're shit with technology and admit as much so it's likely you barely know what you're talking about, you're paranoid enough to think the government has targeted you for special extra surveillance via your fucking Xbox, but to top it all off all of this happened fucking weeks ago.

You are retarded. What can you reasonably expect us to tell you based on the shitty (in both scope and quantity) information you've given us to work with? Even if any of us were experts, and obviously none of us are based on the responses to this thread so far, we wouldn't be able to give you anything besides vague speculation. How old are you? because this is the kind of bullshit that I would expect from a teenager.
>>
>>61268419
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to come off as crazy as I did. Maybe I am just paranoid
>>
You play GTA V. Computer ghosts like to target kids through M-rated video games and them spooky tech stories to tell their friends in the lunch cafeteria. The solution is to follow Stallman's advice and all electronic/communications devices. You are presumably a man. Put away childish things.
>>
>>61268172

>Well, it was a rockstar URL for GTA V, because they thought I cheated, even though I couldn't cheat in that game if I wanted (I'm not tech/game/internet savvy at all), and I typed in this long string of letters that made up the URL (I know it was official

Kek, that sounds like a phishing site friendo.
>>
>>61268400
what part did you misspell?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.