[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to be getting a Technics SL1210 MK2 next month, what's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: mk2_1.jpg (159KB, 1047x775px) Image search: [Google]
mk2_1.jpg
159KB, 1047x775px
Going to be getting a Technics SL1210 MK2 next month, what's the maximum i should pay for a really well looked after one?
>>
I paid 400$ for a decent condition one. If its mint, I'd pay max 800$. That's if its perfect.
>>
What mixer are you using OP-
>>
>>61265818
None but i will get one down the line eventually
>>
>>61265730
Not sure what you plan to do with it, but for recreational listening the Technics SL1210's are far from the best table you can get. Might want to look around for alternatives before deciding on one of them.
>>
>>61266624
clearly is for mixing not audiophile .
>>
Get a at lp-120 it's pretty much a technics clone for around $250
>>
>>61266624
>>61266715
I'm a bit of an audiophile so it would be for that purpose but down the line i'll will eventually start mixing so i would be getting another & a mixer
>>61266833
I actually am using an LP-120 but the internal preamp is crap not to mention the direct drive motor is pretty weak which also comes with rumble etc.
>>
>>61267583
If money is not an issue just get the new SL 1200 GR . They are like 1800 but will retain value if you want to sell em . DO NOT get the Pioneer plx shit models
>>
>>61267583
Just wanted to explain that the Technics SL1200 series is not an audiophile turntable despite the GOAT meme it has garnered in the dance music scene. Also cosmetic condition will almost always reflect how well it's been treated since you probably don't want to get one that's been dragged out to a club every weekend.
>>
Got a pretty decent one for $200 at guitar center. Have a feeling it was stolen though.
>>
>>61269361
a 1200 for 200 bucks ? sheeit bro , when was that and was it clean , everything working n shit ?
>>
>>61269544
Bout 2 years ago. Modesto California, semi bad city. Slightly used, output cables were replaced. It had some kind of hold on it, they couldn't sell it for a week in case anyone reported it stolen. Put a downpayment on it.
>>
>>61265730
I have that exact turntable and paid $600 for VG+ condition.

>>61266624
>>61268365
SL1200 is a fine tt for recreational listening and is basically worry free because it's a fucking workhorse and won't break. Versus if you were to buy a vintage belt drive in the same price range, for example. Also, unless OP is going to drop $$$ on "audiophile" amp, speakers, etc. his soundsystem will be bottlenecked anyway. What you are saying about the 1200 not being respected by so-called audiophiles is also simply not true either. Tons of love for them on forums like AudioKarma, for example. Yes it i predominantly popular within dance music culture but it is also extremely popular among audiophiles and vintage hifi enthusiasts as well. It's an iconic piece of hardware.

>>61266833
Not even remotely a quality comparison. I did this at first and ended up buying an SL1200 at a later date. Just get the thing you want up front.
Source: I own an SL1200 and ATLP120.

>>61267688
Vintage is cooler and way more affordable. What is the marginal utility from paying 3x the price on an already industry standard tt?
>>
>>61265730
just get the: autido technica at lp 120 new. you don't need technics...
>>
File: srslyguys.jpg (38KB, 640x456px) Image search: [Google]
srslyguys.jpg
38KB, 640x456px
>>61270196
>What you are saying about the 1200 not being respected by so-called audiophiles is also simply not true either.
Nobody in their right mind should associate the words "pristine" or "hi-fi" with the character of the SL1200 series. Yes it's built like a tank. Yes it is still decent compared to most entry level decks, but it still sounds incredibly average and dark without any modifications. There are better turntables for the price unless they are going to be used for both mixing and recreational listening.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.