[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: 1480441386803.jpg (172KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1480441386803.jpg
172KB, 1920x1080px
what went wrong?
>>
>>61258911
You.
>>
Install Gentoo
>>
this guys is awesome what are you talking about
>>
>>61259158
then why is he getting so few views?
>>
He is pretty based but i somehow think he should be more focused on some specific topic, he wanders all over the place with subjects
>>
>>61258911
>putting all those sysadmin books in front of viewers to validate himself and his bullshit
lel what a worthless faggot, also go shill somewhere else
>>
>php best lang
>>
>>61259338
Funny, if you actually watched the show, you'd know his qualifications are WAY beyond those entry level books. He puts those there for his viewers because he's tired of being asked what books people should read when they're just getting started.
Nice bait though, 3/10. I chuckled.
>>
>>61259378
>t. Eli the hairlet
go shill somewhere else bald faggot
>>
>>61258911
he talks weird. the 'ch' sound, wtf?
>>
>>61259378
Funny how the last useful video he made was over 5 years ago and now he thinks he is a god for knowing how to read a wiki page in front of a camera
>>
>>61259216
>>61259158
his videos are too damn long.

he should put quality over quantity, imho.
>>
>>61258911
2 hour videos that only unemployed NEETs have time to watch.
>>
>>61261745
So you'd fit right in?
>>
>>61259216
He doesn't do anything gayman or unbox hardware. Really makes you think about the state of the Youtube demographic.
>>
>>61258911
Has a very snarky and elitist attitude. Videos are way too long. Generally not very informative, mostly opinionated.
>>
>>61259466
He sounds like an elitist elmur fudd when he talks at a normal pace but most of the time he limits himself to 30 words a minute to cover up his tardy speech
>>
>>61258911
He comes off like egotistically rambling of someone who actually doesn't know as much as I do, yet is pretending to be way smarter than me.

I've tried to sit through his videos, I don't learn fucking shit. I can't even remember what the fuck I watched.
>>
>>61259378
I'm a professional sysadmin, I own zero books, I've read zero books. I've never learned anything from Eli, or have heard anything that makes me think "man this guy probably really knows some shit".

Why do you say he's some super qualified guy?
>>
meh i like eli
he knows his shit
describes things well
and he's flawed like i'm flawed
>>
Hate this guys voice. He also makes so many unnecessary sounds. I just can't stand him.
>>
>>61258911
Infrastructure engineer here. He wasn't that good.
>>
>>61258911
Didn't he have a video talking about using a USB with a Linux Distro & booting it up to plant things on a unsuspecting person's desktop?
>>
>>61259377
agreed
>>
>>61258911
>2 hour long videos
>talk about inane shit constantly
>"i make content for sysadmins, they need something in the background while they work XD!!!!!"
>boring topics
>2 FUCKING HOUR LONG VIDEOS ABOUT DUMB SHIT HOW MUCH MORE DO I NEED TO SPELL IT OUT
>>
Eli is chill AF and has taught me A LOT. I am however basically still a noob considering I don't program.
>>
>>61259876
>he thinks he is a god for knowing how to read a wiki page in front of a camera
If they taught youtube fuckery in school this would be 101, with labs on click bait thumbnails and the final exam is hyperventilating in a european accent over a slideshow of quickly googled images.
>>
I kept up with him for a while about a year or so ago, even enjoyed some of his vlogs. Listening to him ramble for two hours at a time can be a pretty entertaining window into the world of business-minded manager types that can maintain a monetarily/professionally successful existence while moving about their personal lives on sheer impulse. That isn't to say he comes off as entirely socially inept or anything. It's just that he's so calculated and articulate about tech and business that whenever he pops off with some anecdote about an interaction with another human, complete with exaggerated impressions that border on mocking, he kind gives off a Patrick Bateman vibe. I mean, he's been pretty open about having aspergers, and while I know that sort of behavior isn't unusual for those on the spectrum, it makes me really curious as to what he's like off camera.
Am I wrong in assuming that we can probably expect to see or hear a Mel Gibson level voicemail or some public interaction from a bystander's cell phone footage in which he totally loses his shit on someone without thinking twice about it? Either way, I like the guy. Just curious as to whether or not he comes off as a bit of a maniac to anyone else.
>>
>>61258911
Your birth.
>>
>>61258911
Who dis
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.