[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 332
Thread images: 46

File: 50.png (317KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
50.png
317KB, 1366x768px
any jscripters?
I want to decrease the width of the tracklist window on the right, but the window is a jscript plugin and idk how to code

this is the jscript
https://pastebin.com/THP29dzP
>>
love 50
>>
File: 1462815717766.png (7KB, 1795x709px) Image search: [Google]
1462815717766.png
7KB, 1795x709px
What kind of relatively cheap laptop would you get for an old person? The only criteria is an IPS screen (they watch movies).
>>
I don't know where else to ask this
I'm graduating in December as CE/EE, when should I start applying for jobs? I've heard like 2 months before graduation but I really need to try and land one as soon as I graduate
>>
File: 1493391862002.png (127KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
1493391862002.png
127KB, 601x508px
Some one give me some good books/resources on C#/.NET development.

I don't mean syntax and stuff like that, I'm already pretty familiar with that and the commonly used parts of the .NET library. I need info on things like unit testing, debugging, tooling, deployment, and other crap that I don't know anything about because I haven't done anything but hit F5 in Visual Studio up to now.
>>
>>61252497
well he's got like 4 good songs
but if we ignore 200 shitty tracks then i love him too
>>
>>61252560

4? you crazy
>>
>>61252585
just my opinion lol
name some good songs of his that aren't on that album
maybe i missed something
>>
Can you help me fix a formatting issue for this unity game that i'm running? Is it possible to do it without the source?
>>
I currently have a desktop with a i5 3570k @ 3.40, with an 770 GPU w/ 2GB. I'm thinking because of minor stuttering in newer games on relatively lower to mid settings, I need to upgrade my old ass CPU. What is recommended as a decent upgrade in terms of cache size, cores, and threads in a CPU regarding gaming and shit
>>
>>61252476
>https://pastebin.com/THP29dzP
A 2700 line script?
No thx. Ask whoever you got it from
>>
is it worth buying a new CPU now, or waiting for Coffee Lake to be released?
>>
>>61252602

i still bump 50 like religiously i ain't even listen to modern/today's music
>>
>>61252602

the massacre, guess who's back, check his old mixtapes and albums
>>
>>61252739
:(
I thought since it's just width maybe all you have to do is know how to find the width variable or something

and i got it from a 2013 forum post
>>
local disk c keeps filling up on its own
I've deleted a windows update now it says 0 bytes free

what the fuck did I just do
>>
>>61252787
neither do i but that's because i don't listen to music at all desu
this is why i'm trying to fix my player
i need space for a genre column so I don't grow whiskers by the time I find something i want to listen to
>>
>>61252768
I'll look into it. thanks
>>
File: killme.png (13KB, 1141x105px) Image search: [Google]
killme.png
13KB, 1141x105px
I've been using Deluge for ages to torrent, but since I've been back home over the summer speeds are slow as hell or torrents don't even work at all.
'm getting pretty ticked off and I just want to finish little witch.
For example, here's my abysmal speeds.
>>
>>61252906
do you get the same speeds with other clients?
>>
File: 1489969356193.jpg (42KB, 363x207px) Image search: [Google]
1489969356193.jpg
42KB, 363x207px
What does /g/ recommend for a good disk imaging software? Just a simple windows programs or a live USB?
Thanks
>>
I'm using antergos and an R9 380 gpu, what graphics drivers should I use?
>>
>>61252943
what's a recommended client? I always hear about how most of em are sketchy.
>>
easiest way to pirate a copy of Adobe Photoshop?
>>
>>61253054
from what i hear deluge is the recommended client
but i use qtorrent because for some reason i get abysmal speeds with deluge, and i was wondering if you had the same problem
>>
>>61253073
>qtorrent
Alright, I'll give it a try and see what happens.
My family has Time Warner and they've gotten on my brothers asses for torrenting certain things. Can they, like, block connections or anything from torrent clients? Fucking retards were downloading popular movies off piratebay and stuff.
>>
>>61252794
I looked at the first hundred or so lines and it talks about widths but without some inside knowledge of the layout system it's too much to ask of random anons, I think.

Could be a good project to teach yourself the format though.
>>
>>61253107
yeah they can
the standard is 3 warnings by email, and then your isp cuts ties with you.
>>
>>61253073
>>61253180
speeds going much, much better now.
really weird. Seems deluge is just fucky now
>>
>>61252805
OK

i restarted my pc now it says 3.96gb
im sure there's something eating up my hdd
>>
>>61253178
fuckk

well here's something that I found

function on_size() {

ww = window.Width;
wh = window.Height;

if (ww <= 0 || wh <= 0) return;

listOnSize();

this mean anything to you?
>>
>click on tab
>tab shows me white loading circle instead of content i left it on to

why does firefox do this and how do i disable this
>>
>>61253190
well you're the only other person i've found who has this issue with deluge since i first posted about it on here 5 years ago
i was hoping you'd figure it out so i could figure it out lol
>>
Is there a better ad blocking extension? uBlock Origin is starting to suck.
>>
>>61252793
listening to the massacre
u rite it ain't bad
it ain't no in da club, but not bad
>>
>>61253355
what sucks about it
>>
>>61252476
Pastebin? Why not twiddle or github or something
>>
>>61253379
sorry
like i said i'm not a coder, i don't know what the protocol is
just tried github but i don't have an account
and googling twiddle pulls up a music service
>>
File: 71xVL85B+oL._SY355_.jpg (16KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
71xVL85B+oL._SY355_.jpg
16KB, 355x355px
have wrt64gl laying around, anything useful i could do with it?
>>
>>61253365
can't post on /adv/ with the 4chan x extension
>>
>>61252476
are there any websites where I can buy every single key for my 2012 macbook pro (unibody)
they're all really worn out and I'd like to replace all of them
>>
>>61253439
i heard that someone ran DOOM on it
>>
can I get a quick rundown on the changes from Scheme R5RS, Scheme R6RS, and Scheme R7RS
>>
>>61253408
people dislike pastebin now because they have ads and push their bullshit

there's a million paste clones out there, you can use github gist for example (https://gist.github.com/).
>>
File: 13103915832l[1].jpg (726KB, 1024x769px) Image search: [Google]
13103915832l[1].jpg
726KB, 1024x769px
im looking to buy an LGA1366 board for cheap.

since they are all fairly old now, they are expensive. ive checked newegg and ebay (and amazon and buy and tiger direct).

are there any sites that sell this kind of stuff for cheap (like a chinese site that sells old overstock)? or does anyone know of a dirt cheap LGA1366 board that is easy to pick up on ebay?
>>
>>61253557
didn't notice the ads because of adblock
and that link gives me a 404
>>
>>61253216
fuck u
>>
Building a computer, not my first.

When I turn the power on I can see the fans and everything start up, but the CPU or possibly the CPU fan sounds like it's revving up and then dying, the it repeats this. It's not even making it to BIOS and there's no display. I've identified that it's not the ram, ssd, ram slot, or psu. There's no GPU and I even tried a different cpu.

I'm thinking bad motherboard, what do you think?
>>
I've got a refrigerator that has both 45f in the cooler and freezer section. I checked the amp draw of the compressor and I'm getting like 0.6A. Sometimes when I unplug the unit and plug it back in I will get O.L. On my meter, then it will read 7.9 (max rated amperage is 7.0 but I assume it reaches almost 8A because of startup). And then drops to bellow 0A again. What could be causing such high temps out of the blue? Is the compressor shot? Or could it be a bad run relay?
>>
is there a way to get 4chan to not loop webms when i open them?
>>
>>61253625
settings has a tick box for that, doesn't it?
>>
>>61253639
I swear it did too, but I'm not seeing it
>>
>>61253595
are u the pajeet who gave me this virus ill kill u motherfucker
>>
>>61253651
yeah, seems to be missing on my end too, weird
I think I even remember changing it before
>>
>>61253668
i found it lol
it's not in global settings, it's when you right click on a webm
and it only toggles the webm that you right click on, not the whole site
but it'll do
>>
>>61253653
hallo this is pajeet please enter the first 6 digits of your social security number

ok now the last 3

ok i see

you need to play us 200$ apple support money please thank you
>>
Why does Nightly get EXTREMELY slow if I leave it open overnight?
>>
>>61253006
ntfs? use imagex to make a .wim
anything else? use tar
forensic purposes? use dcfldd, or ddrescue if it's a dodgy/damaged disk
>>
>>61253006
>>61253802
-- oh, alternatively to tar, also look at squashfs, it supports compression, deduplication, and read-only/random-access mountability
>>
>>61253006
ive tried tons of freeware shit while working in computer repair and the only program that has never fucked me is minitool partition wizard. developers clearly don't speak english as a first language but their shit just works.
>>
I'm on a mac (pls no h8. I'm stranded here so ya know)
my line in on here doesn't work. I've been trying to get it to work but I can't get it to output the sound.
It shows it's receiving the audio but that's about it.

Then there's my switch
>switch>HDMI to VGA> VGA monitor
>audio>audio jack> plugged into my other PC through an aux cord>being routed through a splitter box> stereo
Now with the audio, it's giving me an odd feedback from my game and will do this ONLY on my switch while docked. I was thinking it maybe my HDMI to VGA adapter. I've plugged in the aux to my switch while not docked and it sounds fine. I've tested this with various other devices.

anyone able to help me out?
>>
File: creepy.jpg (288KB, 1272x716px) Image search: [Google]
creepy.jpg
288KB, 1272x716px
on android 7.0
Is there an app that will record calls clearly? no root.
the ones I try only record my voice. the incoming callers voice you can barely hear it and is not understandable with hissing.
on the few apps I have tried.
>>
>>61253585
well, i'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish or what kind of case you plan to work in, but there's a plethora of old supermicro boards supporting dual xeon 5500/5600's on ebay for $40-50, like x8dtu-f and company. full disclosure: most have a stupid proprietary form factor that requires you to have a case that supports eatx boards (with an extra inch or two to spare for good measure). you might have to jury rig the standoffs, but the boards work great in my experience. just don't count on IRST support on windows 10 if you're running some RAID shit.
>>
>>61253604
if you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the ram, ssd and psu aren't the culprits, your only remaining options are to swap the board or to swap the processor. it would help to know:

1. whats your motherboard model?
2. are you getting any error or beep codes right now when you try to post?
>>
>>61253869
yeah ive seen them recommended a bunch. i actually already grabbed a dell t3500 board (then an original case so i didnt have to deal with it not fitting in an aftermarket case and it has the front panel board).

the super micro boards look to be even more of a hassle as far as getting a chassis and power handled. im not allergic to modifications, but i dont even have a soldering iron should i need to change the wiring layout for the 24pin power or something.

im hoping the dell board cooperates with my other off-the-shelf shit (psu, gpu, cpu, ram) and that ends up being the solution. - ideally id be able to get a consumer board though, and be confident that it would all work.

what is the process for rewiring the 24pin power? iirc the dell board i have does not need to be rewired, but having that info would be helpful.
>>
Is possible use openbox but with XFCE4 applications? like the theme manager ans sharing the default applications ( terminal, web browser,etc )
>>
>>61253180
i dont know who you've been dealing with, but the industry standard (until early this year) was a six strikes rule called the copyright alert system. after the six strikes were up, supposedly your ISP provides no more protection for your activities and allows big brother to snoop, and prosecute you, uninhibited. not to say that your ISP's complicity was a boon to begin with, but their willingness to turn you over certainly doesn't help. i dont know that many people ever lost service because they were served copyright infringement notices repeatedly, though.
>>
>>61254021
Idk, i'm just reporting what i heard from someone on /g/ who reportedly worked with various isps.
why up until this year tho?
what changed?
>>
>>61253945
yeah, getting the board with its matching case will make life much simpler.

what are you referring to regarding rewiring the 24 pin power? you mean you've got a 24 pin cable from your psu and you're trying to adapt it to fit the 20 pins accepted on your board?

if so, no rewiring necessary. just pick up a 24 pin to 20 pin adapter from amazon.

i've personally used the one from startech in a build like this and it works just fine, nothing janky about it besides how it looks.
>>
>>61254041
the powers at be finally reviewed the statistics and determined that not only did the six strikes rule not stem the tide of piracy, it actually saw a consistent increase in the rate of piracy up until the present day.

there's still a fair amount of debate about whether the plan was flawed from the onset (it was) or if ISPs just implemented it poorly (they did). many (most?) ISPs are now withdrawing from the voluntary agreement in light of the data available.
>>
>>61254069
no, i meant that these proprietary board sometimes have a different pin layout for the 20 or 24 pins. sometimes there are adapters that move the cables around for you, but i had also read that sometimes it is required that you rearrange the wiring in the 20 or 24 pin harness coming from the psu so that it connects to the proper pins on the motherboard. i believe its a non issue for the board im using though.
>>
File: jisoo99.jpg (135KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
jisoo99.jpg
135KB, 1200x800px
is this the SUPER QT thread?
>>
>>61254248
no
>>
A user dropped an x230 onto a table, now it fully powers down and restarts when it gets to the Windows loading screen.
Safe mode gets through but I can't tell whats wrong. Any ideas?
>>
>>61252607
i work at unity whats the issue
>>
File: jisoo100.jpg (101KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
jisoo100.jpg
101KB, 1200x800px
>>61254253
Oh! My bad, I didn't read the op properly. Byee~
>>
>>61254102
so what are they doing now?
>>
>>61254254
hdd is fucked? replace it and see if that works. this would cause problems with wherever on the drive took damage. that means the normal boot process may have fucked up sectors, but safe mode may not have to read from those sectors.

thermals might be fucked if the heatsink was knocked loose or the fan is fucked. this would cause it to overheat and fail pretty consistently. - you can run a program to get readouts on the temps in safe mode.

my hunch is that its the hdd though.
>>
>>61254168
oh, i gotcha. ive never used a board with proprietary pinouts before so i couldn't tell you how to rewire them, but looking at your board, i think it's a standard atx 24 pin, so you should be fine.

i would say your only concern might be the apparent lack of standard 3/4 pin fan headers on the motherboard if you plan to use a heatsink with a fan of some sort. its hard to tell from the pictures and diagrams, but all the headers i see are proprietary dell shit.
>>
>>61252548
Make an account on linkedin > create a great cv >
connect on linkedin with HR's and Recruiters.
When they are starting hunting they will conntact you.
>>
>>61254297
yeah i guess ill cross that bridge when i come to it. i have read a bit from users in the past that have done similar so it should be OK.

im not even sure its going to accept an aftermarket cooler, so i grabbed the original cooler from ebay as well. i may slap a fan on it to improve its heat dissipation.

ill probably just wire up fans to molex power if necessary. i had read that the mobo bitches when the dell fans arent attached, so i will decide later if its worth getting new/original fans.

thanks for the feedback.
>>
>>61254279
nothing that im aware of. there was talk of adopting a canadian meme law but i dont know what, if anything, came of it.

i think most ISPs are just throttling or denying service to certain websites as they see fit now. i've personally gotten three warnings from spectrum and haven't seen any change.
>>
>>61254314
my pleasure.

if you decide to ghetto rig it down the line, get a 92mm noctua or two and zip tie those bitches right to the heatsink. works better than you'd expect.

best of luck with your build.
>>
File: diskconsistency.png (2MB, 1279x712px) Image search: [Google]
diskconsistency.png
2MB, 1279x712px
is my hard drive fucked? i've had it for 5 years and abused the fuck out of it. is there a tech support general?
>>
>>61254338
have you moved your hard drives around inside your case, booted from a different (new) drive, or cloned/imaged your OS recently?

a lot of different conditions can require a chkdsk at startup. did you blue screen to restart, or did this just happen all of the sudden?
>>
File: xbox one audio adapter.png (9KB, 365x205px) Image search: [Google]
xbox one audio adapter.png
9KB, 365x205px
>>61252476
I have a button on pic related that does not work when you press it
how can i make it work without pressing it?
thx /g/, love you always <3
>>
>>61254348
i had gotten blue screen of death twice that day. i don't think this was after a blue screen, but it was right after my computer crashed.

no to all your questions. i've formatted the disk upwards of 20 times and abused it in other ways.
>>
>>61254371
if you can boot into your OS or move the hard drive to another working desktop, immediately check the SMART values using crystaldiskinfo or the like.

minimize the power-on time by skipping disk checking whenever possible, because if your hard drive is dying, then every second its on is another second closer you are to your data becoming (practically) unrecoverable.
>>
Looking at learning an old language (such as cobol) to increase my skillset, and get mega bux maintaining legacy programs. What other ones other than cobol are recommended? And how difficult is cobol to learn (already know armv7 assembly and java)
>>
>>61254291
I cloned the hdd to an ssd, still happens.
Temps seem fine on hwinfo, and the heatsink on the fan is getting hot.
>>
>>61254408
not the same person you replied to, but if your hdd suffered physical damage then it wouldnt matter if you cloned it to an ssd, youre cloning fucked sectors whose data will look just as corrupted no matter how many times you clone them or to what.
>>
>>61254396
i'm currently on the computer that's using the hard drive. i guess i'll check out the SMART value stuff.
>>
>>61254441
let me know how reallocated, pending and uncorrectable sectors look. also whats the drive temp?
>>
>>61254408
>>61254431
this. you need to do a fresh install.

laptops get uncomfortable hot, so as long as the software says the temps are ok then youre probably ok. check in the bios and watch temps there too. or try running a benchmark of some sort in safe mode to try and heat it up more than just idling.
>>
>>61254407
perl
>>
>>61254431
Would it be safe to assume the sectors are fine if the bad sector diagnostic tool in the bios detects nothing?
At this point I'm assuming something is wrong with the mainboard and I'm just going to have to get a replacement.
>>
>>61254463
dont trust OEM bios tools, run the drive manufacturer's diagnostic utility from a live cd or bootable flash drive to be proof positive. if possible, run the manufacturer's tool with the hard drive inside a different, known working system to eliminate the possibility of mainboard problems.
>>
>>61254450
drive temp is 38C. gonna install that program now.
>>
File: 6qcx88.gif (1MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
6qcx88.gif
1MB, 250x188px
whats a good fake phone number app for making youtube accounts with?
>>
>>61254450
health status: good
temp: 38C
reallocated: current: 100 worst: 100 threshold: 36 raw values:

pending: current: 100 worst: 100 threshold: 0

uncorrectable: current: 100 worst: 100 threshold 0
>>
>>61252476
I think you're gonna need to change w in every draw rectangle until you hit the one that's for the thing you're trying to change
                     if (alternateRowColor) gr.DrawRect(x, y, w - 1, h, 1, rowColorFocusSelected);

change to DrawRect(x,y,(w-1)/2, h,1,rowColorFocusSelected);

I think that would changed the width of one of the selected things
>>
>>61254568
if you have the opportunity right now and your data is somewhat valuable, i'd take this opportunity to clone your shit to another known good hard drive. or at least move/backup your important files before proceeding.

i definitely expected one of the smart values to be off, but theyre a-okay. its possible that your OS is just corrupted, but cant tell without knowing what drove it into fault for all those blue screens.

assuming you haven't run a system cleanup program between now and then, mind posting a dropbox link with your most recent dmp files for me to take a peek at?
>>
Is this overkill

Firefox on Mac

-ublock origin
-smart https (revived)
-self destructing cookies
-decentraleyes
-canvasblocker
-google redirects fixer
-privacy badger
-privacy settings ("maxed" out every option, with malware and phishing off for more privacy vs security)
-noscript (using everything except the script blocking cuz i'm a bleeding heart noob, i was given this option when trying to disable the add on)
-umatrix (disabled for now because noob)

I'm a regular dude who got caught up recently with a firefox and privacy/security obsession. Only "shady" thing I do is download movies and tv shows from a couple sites (not torrents)

A number of things are broken on websites I usually visit and it's killing me, but I don't want to give up all this goodness

Any advice
>>
>>61254637
>dmp files for me to take a peek at?

what's this? no i haven't run a cleaner cause i've been using linux for a while and only installed windows recently. only cleaner program i'm familiar with is ccleaner.
>>
>>61254479
>>61254431
Now I have no idea what happened. Loaded up the Thinkpad diagnostic livecd and it was experiencing the same shut down issue while it was initializing hardware. Tried loading Windows again and it worked this time. Gonna do diagnostics now.
>>
>>61254754
dmp (pronounced dump) files, in this context, are a record of what was in the system's memory just before it crashed. the data inside the dmp file often implicates the process or driver that was at fault, which helps with diagnosing what the hell is happening.

google around to find where the dmp files for your version of windows are stored. usually they're at %systemroot%\memory.dmp
>>
Any good PDF printer driver?
>>
>>61254812
do you not have another laptop available to pop the problem hard drive into? it would make this process much more straightforward.

also ive never used thinkpad's diagnostic live cd, i just use (and recommend) the tools that WD, seagate, hgst, etc. release.
>>
>>61254830
seems like personally revealing info could be contained in that. thanks for the help though anon.
>>
what is the easiest way to monitor ryzen temperatures accurately that isnt ryzen master?
I remember there being a 20c offset at launch, is that fixed? or at least fixed in the software?
>>
>>61254853
I don't, I need to go on site early tomorrow morning to get another Thinkpad.
I'm currently doing a HGST SMART diagnostic on the original drive.
If it comes out fine I'm just going to pop it into another x230 and test it.
>>
>>61254931
ive never known a dmp file to include personally revealing information, but i understand your concern. sorry that i couldnt help more, but best of luck with getting it figured out.
>>
>>61254320
dawg i'm in canada
what's the meme law?
>>
>>61254952
sounds like a plan. once i see how your diagnostics turn out, ill retire from this thread for the night and check in sometime tomorrow to see how things go.
>>
File: 2017-07-07-09:40:25-screenshot.png (3KB, 467x97px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-07-09:40:25-screenshot.png
3KB, 467x97px
What plugins for `vim' and `zsh' are must-have?

I mostly latex and a little bit python.

Here are my currently installed ones:

vim:
1. vim-plug
2. vimtex
3. ALE
4. lightline

zsh: on the screenshot
>>
File: notacoward.jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
notacoward.jpg
14KB, 300x300px
>50 cent
>>
>>61254748
i have no advice but i thought i'd let you know i do the same thing
you're not alone
i don't have as many add ons as you though, but that might be just because i never read about them
>>
>>61254997
Also, how do you properly use `vim' with colemak?

I can't type with qwerty anymore, but don't know how to switch correctly, Do I struggle with hjkl or remap them?
>>
>>61254992
Don't bother, it looks like its going to take a while so I'm going to pass out. I need to go to this office before heading to the other office I go to so I need to wake up a couple hours earlier.
>>
>>61255022
lol good to know. i got the idea for these add ons (and about:config tweaks) from privacytools.io and the "add ons" tab from a firefox profile maker at ffprofile.com

if i can understand noscript and umatrix, and learn how to unbreak stuff on websites, i'll be so fucking happy
>>
>>61254985
meme law is called copyright modernization act, and sets explicit and realistic (though not high dollar value) penalties for copyright violations.

moreover, it requires that ISPs pass along notification of copyright violation to the internet subscriber dutifully if they want to be indemnified against the wrongful actions of the internet subscriber. so basically, ISPs have to play ball with rights holders to the extend that right holders can be bothered to care.

by the numbers it's a more effective strategy than the US' copyright alert system, but seemingly just because it's consistent. ultimately it still doesn't really have "teeth".
>>
>>61255048
alrighty, ill keep an eye out tomorrow for the big reveal
>>
>>61254591
how do i implement that into the code though?
like i just tried throwing that in before the final closing bracket and it crashed

also i found this piece of code if it's of any use >>61253230
if not disregard
>>
What the best torrent client?
utorrent 2.2.1
Deluge
qbitorrent
>>
>>61255050
yeah i'm using noscript right now, i don't really understand it but i just unblock scripts when the site isn't working
im planning to give umatrix another shot but the last time i tried it i understood it even less than noscript lol
>>
Is it possible to underclock a GPU? I'm about to buy an used GTX 680, although from the photos looks like new, I want to be safe and prevent overheating if I can.
I wanted to lower the clock by 1% just to avoid ever hitting the GPU cap. Will it help preventing malfunctions or is it useless?
>>
>>61255053
that confuses me
it sounds pretty legit to me, why no teeth?
>>
>>61255101
yes, you can use msi afterburner and underclock the processor as well as the memory up to 500MHz lower. im sure you can do more with other programs if you wanted to, but thats pretty far already.
>>
>>61255116
it sounds legit because it seems enforceable, but its not practical for rights holders to go after individual internet subscribers when the maximum value of their suit is only a couple thousand dollars, and the maximum number of criminal charges (counts) is limited.
>>
>>61255101
>>61255120
also, it probably won't do much to prevent malfunctioning unless the card already has a known problem with overheating.
>>
>>61255147
gotcha
how do you know so much about this
did u homepage torrentfreak
>>
>>61255167
i do computer shit for a living and people ask about stuff like this "for a friend" all the time. eventually you just remember.
>>
>>61255099
nice, i'm gonna use that noscript strategy and see what i learn along the way. i'm just paranoid i'm gonna allow a script that i shouldn't which will make the whole point of the add on worthless
>>
>>61255196
lol
>>
>>61255164
won't it last longer is the temp never goes too high?
>>
>>61255209
yes that would be the kink in my strategy
sometimes if i think a site or script is sketchy i'll just exit instead of permitting scripts tho.
this is almost exclusively with porn sites
>>
>>61255214
sure, but unfortunately the definition of "too high" is pretty much arbitrary (until you get to something obviously unreasonable, like 90C).

although i dont have data to support it (because gpus generally outlive their usefulness as it is), as long as you keep your temps below 80C and aren't using it to mine 24/7 you can expect your gpu to have a rich and full life, even when purchased used.

if you just have a predilection for treating your card better than most, leave it at the stock cpu and memory clock settings but use afterburner to give it a custom fan curve. depending upon your acoustic situation, let it start out at like 20% fan speed all the way up to 45C, then let it ramp up to 40% once it hits 60C or something like that. make it top out at 100% speed once you get to 75C and you should be just fine.
>>
Does anyone have the full POSReady 2009 key?
I had an unfortunate data loss accident and can't seem to find it anywhere.
>>
>>61255253
damn i haven't even attempted porn sites yet
>>
>>61255258
>use afterburner to give it a custom fan curve
I never thought about that. I'll give it a try, there're 3 fans on it so it's gonna be pretty loud, probably.
>>
I got a laptop off my friend for free because he broke the hinge on the screen and it doesn't properly go up and down anymore without forcing it since the laptop has no mount to hold the screen, What product could I use to secure the hinge to the laptop base? or what should i do with this laptop?
>>
>>61255308
you're in for a ride
>>
>>61255322
play around with whatever graphically intensive applications you're running on there and figure out what temperature they cause the gpu to run at that the gpu cant reach otherwise. then make the fan curve start scaling from 0% at that temperature.

you'll find the sweet spot after playing with it for a minute.
>>
Best method to prevent GPU sag? the horizontal supports I found cost like 20 usd, I don't think it's worth the money. Should I go for a DIY solution?
>>
>>61255371
depends on what you mean by best.

easiest? buy a brace off amazon or ebay and accept that itll be effective, but probably have some tacky name printed in underlined bold italics.

sexiest? probably to 3D print your own using any of the many free gpu brace designs and budget online printing outfits available.

cheapest? just use a stick.
>>
Im running windows server 2012 r2. some of my drives dont show up in this PC, but still works over the network on other machines. Any ideas? I dont want to restart the server.
>>
>>61255521
i can think of a couple quick things to check off the top of my head, but i wouldn't get my hopes up about being able to fix the problem without restarting the server.

first, a couple of stupid things:

do the hard drives in question have drive letters assigned to them?

do the drives show up as working devices in device manager?

will the drives populate their volume information in device manager successfully?

are they being run in a RAID of some sort?

do you have IRST drivers installed, and if so, can you see all the drives in the IRST interface?
>>
>>61255613
I should have mentioned I just installed this http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/linkshellextension.html

The drives show up in device manager and has letters. No raid, no ITST.

I found out it works to type in the path(s) to the drives in explorer manually, but they just wont show up. After accessing them once they show up in the quick access bar, but once I open a new window they are gone again.
>>
>>61255652
>I found out it works to type in the path(s) to the drives in explorer manually, but they just wont show up.
By that I meant I can access the drives fine, but they still dont show up in "this PC"

Thanks for the help
>>
>>61255652
>>61255664
my pleasure.

that's a very strange set of circumstances that i can't say i've ever encountered before. if you can stand to have one or more of the drives offline for a short period while keeping the server up, here's what i would try:

1. restart explorer.exe just to see if its a GUI bug (unlikely, but possible)

2. quickly disable and re-enable each drive in device manager to see if they reappear

3. if your server configuration supports it (that is, if you're using a standard desktop case), disable your hard drives, unplug their sata data cables, then replug their sata cables and re-enable them
>>
>>61255741
forgot to mention, please don't unplug and replug their power connectors though.
>>
>>61254273
nvm i figured it
lol sorry
>>
>>61255371
wire tie it to the top of the case
>>
>>61255849
Thank you for contacting Unity personal tech support.
>>
File: support.jpg (33KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
support.jpg
33KB, 800x800px
>>61255418
I was thinking of something like this in nylon/plastic but after all >>61255855 might be the best solution.
>>
>>61255872
well, here's a thought:

gpu sag is an almost exclusively aesthetic issue. while you can use a plastic rod or wire line to rectify the sag, it's still gonna look like ass, just for a different reason.

so, what would be the point of deploying those solutions in the first place?
>>
>>61255890
Won't the PCI-E connector get deformed if you let the GPU sag?
>>
>>61255895
maybe if you use the heaviest card in the most poorly reinforced pcie slot. maybe. but probably not.

the real question would be, would it ever deform the pcie slot enough to actually negatively impact connectivity? and i would say the answer is definitely no, as long as you secure the mount bracket to your case firmly with both available screws.
>>
File: Confused maki-chan.jpg (83KB, 546x678px) Image search: [Google]
Confused maki-chan.jpg
83KB, 546x678px
Explain to me the FLAC vs MP3 thing
I downloaded the same song in FLAC and MP3 and it sounds the same?
>>
is buying vpn worth it?
>>
What Win10 should i install to the normie kid i'm building pc for, Win10 STD or KMS? I guess KMS as Win Toolkit is doing kms activation?
>>
>>61255953
what are you trying to accomplish with a vpn?
>>
>>61255939
either you don't posses magical abilities to hear difference or your hardware is too bad to hear the difference
>>
>>61255953
How the fuck do you define worth?

For me it's not worth at all because my country doesn't care about piracy

But for you it might be completely different
>>
>>61255957
just buy a fucking gray market key for $5 and enjoy the peace of mind in knowing that the only botnet you belong to is windows
>>
>>61255976
source for that?

Also how do i know the key is not some random generated one?
>>
>>61255960
>>61255970
I just want to downald [spoiler]anime and mangaka,mostly anime so I don't have to support netflix[/spoiler]
>>
>>61255939
Yeah but the flac file has more information in it. The information is usually outside of the audible spectrum or essentially drowned out by more prominent sounds. So if you care about archiving the original recording or you want to be able to samyle a tune without worrying about loss of quality lossless is best. Or if you want to look cool in front of your audiophile friends.
mp3 also has some interesting edge cases that cause artifacts due to being developed to a rather small test case but they wont show up in the majority of recorded music.
>>
>>61255939
open both files in spek.exe and compare the difference, although average person can't hear frequencies above 15-16k unless they've very good hearing, the mp3 files are objectively lower in quality than original/flac. For archiving go with flac, for phones and stuff like that, mp3 because those devices can't output better quality anyway.
>>
>>61255983
and why do you need vpn for?
>>
>>61255979
i buy exclusively from a uk outfit on ebay known as cheapercodes. i swear by them.

i know their shit is primo because ive been activating with several of their keys every month across multiple windows os's for about five months.

the only activation issue i ever ran into resulted in them giving me a new key within five minutes for free. color me impressed.
>>
Buying a laptop charger for my laptop, 19V Asus, how do i know if the tip is the correct shape for my laptop?
>>
>>61256014
This is a great post.
>I sell multiple pirated windows copies each month
>their shit is primo
Hi5 mah nigga, fuck tha man!
>>
>>61256014
How do you even know those keys are not going to be revoked or something like that? It's not about the money but the hustle of doing activation all over again for several different people
>>
File: fq.png (211KB, 1593x818px) Image search: [Google]
fq.png
211KB, 1593x818px
>>61255939
with flac you get frequencies above 20K, everything above 16K is barely audible, to me at least
>>
File: 1450246312358.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1450246312358.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>61255991
>>61255985
>>61255969
Thanks for explaining the lossless thing, I guess I don't have magical abilities then =(, i'm gonna keep downloading mp3 because I only listen to music on my phone.
>>
What is the best vidya recording software?

Shadowplay doesn't work and Fraps seems out dated
>>
>>61256049
>>61256059

there is an EU supreme court ruling that prevents microcuck from revoking them:

http://lexetius.com/2000,1754

translate to english and enjoy. if you ask how we know microcucks will follow a court ruling in practice, we don't. but we can't have any confidence that theyll adhere to any particular legal regulation, in that event, in which case their redistributed activation keys will be the least of everyone's worries.
>>
>>61256081
>>61256049
ergo, they're not pirated, they've been legally moved to another computer after being uninstalled from the system they were originally installed on.
>>
>>61256074
Open Broadcasting Software
Check google "best settings recording obs"
>>
For anyone who knows shit about YouCompleteMe: My header heirarchy is as such:
top.hpp  -> includes subA.hpp and subB.hpp, in that order
subA.hpp -> includes nothing
subB.hpp -> includes nothing, uses declarations from subA.hpp

top.hpp just calls other headers and nothing else. Everything compiles without any issues, but YCM gives me shit in subB.hpp when it comes to the definitions from subA.hpp. Is there some way in the ycm_extra_conf or something else that I can get YCM to recognize these definitions without explicitly including the other header file?
>>
File: why.gif (5KB, 297x308px) Image search: [Google]
why.gif
5KB, 297x308px
Hello, i ask myself a stupid question.
Why there are still many websites which have SQL Injections?
When i type "hackerone sql injection" on duckduckgo there are so many results...

Why?
It is enough to make prepared requests, no?

The same thing for XSS attacks, there are many functions to avoid that : htmlspecialchars(), htmlentities(), strip_tags()...
So why?
>>
>>61256092
>>61256081
You know these faggots are feeling guilty if they are going to post so defensively to a supportive post.
>>
>>61256191
Because there are a lot of devs who start out more focused on getting a product out and making bank than making a perfect product that they can jack off to.
>>
I want to apply to a school as a system administrator(Europe). I know almost nothing about windows server, what do?
I have basic Linux server knowledge
>>
>>61256517
Learn some buzzwords and hope they don't pay a background check firm to find your browsing history.
>>
>>61256652
B-but there's nothing wrong with my browsing history anon
>>
Guise i have acquired a thinkpad with a bootpassword. Now the guy who gifted mw the thinkpad cant remember the password. What can i possibly do to get the password away ? Im losing all hope and i just want a thinkpad...
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (817KB, 3200x1170px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
817KB, 3200x1170px
I have this old secondary PC and I am trying to avoid to have to do a format atm.
What the fuck is its problem?
Only Windows on and it uses half its RAM. I can also hear the HDD working constantly. Like writing/reading. Can you recognize any bullshit processes here?
Thanx doggos.
>>
>>61256729
Give it back Tyrone, or remove the small battery and the jumper from the mobo
>>
Windows 10. Why can't I kill this fucking MS Paint task. It just sits there. I try to kill it through task manager, nothing. I tried command prompt taskkill, nothing.

In windows 7 I could just go to process list and fucking murder it there. Why aren't there acts of terror done against this. Why isn't there some raghead detonating in the middle of the microsoft building, screaming "SHITTY OPERATING SYSTEMS ARE HARAM!"

How do I get rid of it
>>
>>61256803
Because it's Windows 10
>>61256758
Check it with malwarebytes also update it
>>
>>61256811
So I just go fuck myself then?
>>
How would you convince a macOS user to move into Windows?
>>
>>61256803
details -> mspaint.exe -> end process tree
>>
I'm thinking of moving to a new place but it seems good broadband isn't available in the area (it's a little outside of the city). Am I totally fucked for high-speed internet or is there some kind of other solution?
>>
>>61256853
It doesn't let me. Access denied or something
>>
PC doesn't boot, tested with two PSU's. With both, fans start to spin, then power down right away. You need to wait (~30 min) before it will do the booting cycle again. Google has yielded me nothing. Is there anything I can do to diagnose it without buying a new mobo?
>>
>>61256829
Demonstrate the difference in the amount of games they could play
>>
File: Emma-Stone-square_1_590_590_90.jpg (87KB, 590x590px) Image search: [Google]
Emma-Stone-square_1_590_590_90.jpg
87KB, 590x590px
>>61256811
>>61256811
>malwarebytes also update it

imma try this.
>>
>>61256760
Yea as I said it was a gift and the guy even forgot the password, but i dont expect you to believe me. However do you have any instructions for it ? I tried removing the battery, didnt help.
>>
What was the hardest piece of software you've ever tried to get working due to poor documentation? I'd have to be a tie between older versions of Pro Tools and SheepShaver for me.
>>
Will my i5 3570k bottleneck a 980/ti or around that league of graphics card?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-07-07_14-03-57.png (992KB, 1919x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-07_14-03-57.png
992KB, 1919x1080px
I've just installed Xfce4 and it works for the most part but two things still bother me:
1. popups and dialogs appear on the left screen even though the right one is the primary one
2. it doesn't start automatically after logging in (using the console) even though I have 'exec startxfce4' at the end of my .xinitrc

using arch and systemd
>>
File: 1456077675233.gif (2MB, 370x319px) Image search: [Google]
1456077675233.gif
2MB, 370x319px
My malwarebytes premium just expired, anyone got a lifetime key lieing around by any chance? Usually allot of people can use one code.

Take this old meme as payment.
>>
"i" key on my laptop sometimes doesn't get pressed and sometimes it types twice.
I haven't spilled anything on it or anything like that, it just stopped functioning properly.
I was about to pop it with pen but I feel afraid it will break as it didn't pop easily.
>>
>>61256829
Hold a gun to they head.
>>
File: DSC-W55.jpg (167KB, 1204x583px) Image search: [Google]
DSC-W55.jpg
167KB, 1204x583px
I have an old Sony DSC-W55 (point & shoot camera). Still works fine but I can't get it to connect properly to Windows 10. Sony's site lists it as compatible.

I tried changing the connection type from AUTO to PTP & Mass Storage and Windows will make the noise like it has connected but one look at the device manager and it reads
>Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

Any ideas?
>>
>>61257005
holy shit, I have the exact same thing on my laptop. is yours a HP too?
>>
File: android-wallpaper5_2560x1600_1.jpg (63KB, 800x799px) Image search: [Google]
android-wallpaper5_2560x1600_1.jpg
63KB, 800x799px
Is it possible to revert to an older version of an Android app? (Twitch, in my case.)
>>
Can I turn on a computer without a CPU heatsink for less than 10 seconds?
>>
>>61257024
Samsung Ativ Book 2 or something. It's shit in hardware terms but it supports every Linux distro out of box.
It serves me 4 years already though.
>>
>>61257035
yeah just slowly spill some water over ur cpu to cool it for 10 seconds
>>
>>61257043
Thanks dude
>>
>>61257025
Yeah, you might have to uninstall the old one first though, the user data should stay there
>>
If I have a 8Mbps connection that means its 1MB/s right?
If I download a 1GB file. It would take 1000 seconds right? Or 16.6* minutes?

1GB = 1000MB
1MB/1sec = 1000MB/1000seconds.

Where do the extra bytes go in the pic?
>>
Why did YouTube and Facebook Messages stop working with uBlock (or any other adblock) on? Youtube will not start buffering and Facebook will only load the top navigation bar. I tried downgrading Chromium, but it didn't help.
>>
File: 41gDtPXGQxL._SY400_.jpg (18KB, 308x400px) Image search: [Google]
41gDtPXGQxL._SY400_.jpg
18KB, 308x400px
Does anyone know of a desktop holder similar to this but that's like further away from the ground? I have a small desk and like it but my desktop really just needs it's own space and not so close to the floor.
>>
how would i go about making a bot that can pump and dump cryptos for me
>>
File: p8gaJ9n.png (449KB, 453x445px) Image search: [Google]
p8gaJ9n.png
449KB, 453x445px
In my web mapping class, we had to start an xampp server instance in order to display our work. I went home and played around with it some more, and noticed that when i load the index.html directly from my IDE (JetBrains Webstorm), it loads just fine. However, when I just open index.html from my file manager, nothing loads and I get errors saying that it could not find the jQuery identifier ($). I am getting jQuery from a CDN. Why is this? I assume that my IDE is running some kind of server behind the scenes for me, but why is this even encessary? Why can't I just load it from the file manager and have it "just werk"?
>>
File: 7Z_ON_ARCH.png (51KB, 1044x701px) Image search: [Google]
7Z_ON_ARCH.png
51KB, 1044x701px
What packages should I get to have a 7zip gui on arch like pic related?
>>
What should I add to my ublock filter to block the russian botnet tracker that was found on certain boards recently?
>>
>>61253439
no
>>
So, i want to compile OmniROM for the NVIDIA Shieldtablet (sb_na_wf).

I've done so, for the last coupüle of months, based on CM-Shield's sources.
It compiles with a few fixes here and there and also kinda boots (i hear the sound notification that the usb is plugged in), but after the boot logo i see NOTHING bit a light up black screen. Soesn't matter if i change device sources to DU, Tesla, AICP, TWRP or anything.

only hint i got from logcat was
07-03 10:51:43.794   200   200 E hwcomposer: virtual int dc_display::post(nvfb_window_config*, nvfb_buffer*, int*): Display 0: TEGRA_DC_EXT_FLIP3: Invalid argument

but i can't find any clue online, NONE.
After half a year of fails, getting NO HELP at all neither in irc, forums or anything you're my last hope /sqt/

Why can everyone compile their shitroms, but i fucking can't? I'm frustrated as hell.
>>
File: CPUisLava.png (63KB, 1025x804px) Image search: [Google]
CPUisLava.png
63KB, 1025x804px
Hi!

I have a problem with CPU temperatures. I have a Ryzen 1600x and a Be Quiet! Pure Rock cooler.
On HWMonitor, I've got two different temp readings. One CPU temp according to the mobo and another one called "package". Each are 42 and 55 degrees celcius respectively, idling. The first seems a bit too hot, but the second one is really over the top for just idling.

On Coretemp, however, I dont get and average value, but the min-max is between 29 and 49 degrees.

I've reapplied the thermal paste with arctic mx-4 paste and not really much difference. Does anybody know if i should be worried, and if so what should i do?
Hi! I have a problem with CPU temperatures. I have a Ryzen 1600x and a Be Quiet! Pure Rock cooler. On HWMonitor, I've got two different temp readings. One CPU temp according to the mobo and another one called "package". Each are 42 and 55 degrees celcius respectively, idling. The first seems a bit too hot, but the second one is really over the top for just idling. On Coretemp, however, I dont get and average value, but the min-max is between 29 and 49 degrees. I've reapplied the thermal paste with arctic mx-4 paste and not really much difference. Does anybody know if i should be worried, and if so what should i do?
>>
>>61257043
Kek
>>
File: ss (2017-07-07 at 08.59.05).png (4KB, 205x105px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-07-07 at 08.59.05).png
4KB, 205x105px
I recently reinstalled Firefox, and before, it used to be just one process.

Now it's these three processes, and they seem to be taking up more RAM. What happened?
>>
Can I get a recommendation on the best dual monitor software to use along side windows 7?

Been using ultramon, but it has issues.
>>
Aside from thunderbird, what's the best email client? My main mail accounts are hotmail, but I'm looking for something with heavy amounts of filter options. I've got like 500 work contacts and I need messages from them to go to a certain folder. So far, I've only found Thunderbird to let me set such a long list of emails to be filtered.
>>
I have a spare computer that I'm not sure what I should use it for.

i5-2500k
8gb RAM
No GPU

Any good ideas? I've never had more than one at a time.
>>
>>61258220
Can't say I use email as heavy as you but I've grown to like Mailbird, if you're just trying stuff to try, go for it.
>>
How can I track my reading progress when using mupdf? There seems to be no built-in bookmarking and I can't do anything external either since there doesn't seem to be an option to open a file to a particular page. I don't want to have to look for the page I was on every time I reopen the file. Thoughts?
>>
The default file explorer for windows 10 sucks. I want one with tabs, that isnt Clover (because its ugly). What can you recommend?
>>
>>61258129
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Firefox/Multiprocess_Firefox
>>
>>61257226
1gb=1024mb
>>
>>61258473
1 GB = 1000 MB
>>
>>61257226
1 byte = 8 bits
1000 bytes = 8000 bits = 1 Kilobyte = 8 Kilobits
1000 Kilobytes = 8000 Kilobits = 1 Megabyte = 8 Megabits
1000 Megabytes = 1 Gigabyte = 8000 Megabits = 8 Gigabits
>>
>>61256861
bump
>>
Is there a way to set noscript up so for a temporary permission I grant a script, it gets revoked when I close all tabs that I have open that use said script?
>>
>>61258473
>>61258490
According to standards
1GB = 1000
and
1GiB = 1024

But those standards are fucking retarded made for normie fuckwits who get confused about Googlebutts and Megabyes. 1GB = 1024MB and that is final. Fucking retard standards.
>>
File: 1497463461022.jpg (369KB, 880x1002px) Image search: [Google]
1497463461022.jpg
369KB, 880x1002px
What's the best 15" laptop money can buy?
>>
How did AMD achieve to deliver so many cores at such a low power draw with Ryzen?

Also why doesn't Intel drop their integrated GPU meme? Couldn't they make way better CPU if they ditched the iGPU?
>>
>>61258281
Thanks, I've downloaded it and am trying it. While it's very smooth and appealing, it seems to have no filter options from what I see so far.
>>
>>61258565
>Also why doesn't Intel drop their integrated GPU meme?
Because there are a lot of people who don't give a fuck about graphics. Office computers and such.
>>
>>61258418
please answer
>>
>>61258594
but why they still need to offer the iGPU even with high end models, the K variants of i5s, all i7s and shit

I guess it would cost too much money to make a separated CPU with a different architecture lacking any iGPU for better performance
>>
>>61257449
Bump
>>
Should I buy a 2015 Chromebook Pixel for $300?

I have use for one.
>>
Hey there /g/ I was looking to get a laptop for school, nothing crazy just strictly for classes. I'll be doing mostly graphic design/web design/programming on it. Any suggestions? No touch screens please.
>>
File: file.png (200KB, 989x787px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
200KB, 989x787px
I made this video of some weird cursor glitch
Why does this happen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdFfqTGWfnQ
>>
>>61258978
whats your budget
>>
>>61258633
some people (certain programmers) they don't need graphic cards but good clockspeed
>>
>>61258408
use okular
>>
>>61258242
if you have money, buy a gpu and mine on it.
or you can set up zeronet, tor, ipfs nodes.
>>
Is the performance of Nvidia GPUs still crippled with Ryzen? Did Nvidia fix their fucking shit?
>>
>>61258129
its a new feature in the latest version.
>>
>>61258992

Under 500, doesn't have to have windows 10/8 on it either.

Also a larger HDD would be nice.

Also another random question, I have this laptop here I'm trying to look but for some reason it seems to be in an infinite repair loop, I've run chkdsk and have done A LOT of other things with it as well and it doesn't seem like anything is fucked with it. Though I did turn off automatic repair and I was getting a error code 0xc000007b from "windows\system32\drivers\aswVmm.sys" this file, should I just say fuck it and plug in a USB and wipe everything from the Windows 10 repair disc and reinstall everything. (Some dumbass thinks just because I'm a CS major I'm tech support.)
>>
>>61257495
learn c++, python praw
learn apis of different exchanges
reddit praw api, slack, telegram apis.
check for %changes in early EST hours on bitrex/poloniex
if theres a 5-10% increase in a few minutes, then use your reddit slack telegram bots to post messages in various groups and open a long.
>>
>>61258980

reinstall chrome
>>
File: 809214111710.jpg (60KB, 780x328px) Image search: [Google]
809214111710.jpg
60KB, 780x328px
i built a new pc and have my os on my ssd while all my files and downloads are on my hdd. how do i access programs on my hdd? im trying to run obs but it says "the program cant start because msvcp120.dll is missing from your pc"
>>
>>61254273
Best looking shaders for unity? Every game i see released (wasteland, shadow tactics) has the same default shaders and it gives it that awful "unity feel"
>>
>>61259024
Suck a dick you retard.
>>
Just got a win 10 update and now start up is like 10x slower(see what i did there) there's like 20 noticeable processes going on that I know I'll never use. Is there like an app(program) that removes all the bloat shit?
>>
i want to make my resume in a text editor so it looks "cool" and "code-like". Word just seems very old and doesnt fit with a developer role, IMO. I want to do something different. How can i do this but save it as a pdf? Or do I have to make it and then take a screenshot of it or something?
>>
>>61259183
Illustrator and photoshop, use sublimetext fonts
>>
>>61259183
LaTeX
>>
>>61259142
Probably some Dot Net service doing some one-time shit, best to go away and come back in an hour.
>>
What's the best place to buy a cheap motherboard? My FM2+ MSI board finally died, but I'd rather stick with my CPU & RAM at this current point in time.
>>
>>61257544
If you mean that ekansnovi thing it appears to have gone. Also I heard uBlock Origin added it to one of the default filters, I don't know which one though.
>>
>>61257414
Check what filters you have added, it sounds like Fanboy's social blocking list (default lists in uBlock Origin wouldn't interfere with such things).
>>
>>61257035
Your CPU will either tell your machine to power off or downthrottle itself if it reaches a dangerous temp, I wouldn't risk it mind.
>>
File: sony-e-ink-DPT-RP1.jpg (86KB, 818x914px) Image search: [Google]
sony-e-ink-DPT-RP1.jpg
86KB, 818x914px
Are there any big screen tablets that don't overheat at the sun's temperature?
>>
File: deviss menijar.png (29KB, 387x658px) Image search: [Google]
deviss menijar.png
29KB, 387x658px
So last night I got the message "windows must now restart because plug and play service stopped working". I didn't press ok yet but after a few minutes it shut down and blue screened. Now my computer hasn't been upgraded at all since I installed a gtx 550ti in it like 4 or 5 years ago, I've gotten the thing to run a lot with that gpu and my amd phentom II x6 1045T but I know i've pushed it quite a lot. Booting time can take a while, today because of the thing last night, when I logged in finally, the scren was all black aside from my mouse cursor. I was able to go to control panel and open task manager, but between control panel and task manager the screen was totally black for a few minutes before the cursor reappeared and so did task manager. My question is are there any recommended repair programs aside from CCcleaner that might help me clean my system up and just make it smoother? I was going to wait to reinstall windows until I upgraded my cpu/motherboard and gpu in a few months, and I wanted system restore to be a last resort because for all I know the same problem would just happen again.
>>
>>61259288
>>61259415
Some thing happened to me but I just waited awhile and everything popped up eventually. But I've been messing with my graphics adapter so probably not related. Have you tried updating or uninstalling and reinstalling your GPU?
>>
>>61259557

I updated my gpu a few months ago, but I know there's another update that came out recently I haven't yet installed.
>>
The tip of the ethernet cable broke and has a hard time staying in. Want to get a new one but with no ruler or measuring tape I have no idea how long this new one should be (this one is plenty long but I forgot how long exactly). Is there a way to measure the distance between the modem and the room without the usual tools? Even a rough estimate would do. All I know is that it takes 13 footsteps in a straight line to get to and from.
>>
What's the best torrent client?
I won't use utorrent because it's botnet.
I am using deluge but it's pretty shit.
Any help?
>>
>>61259619
Wouldn't hurt to try.
>>
My ISP seems to be in these last few days to be choking the line.

My Ping is great, any speed test give me an average of 15 to 20 mb, but then if I use
>Torrent, Mega, Battle.net, Youtube, or Steam
They all stop at around 500 kb/s, if I try to use 2 of them at once they have to share that 500.

I called them twice and the technician tried to work around the words but had no idea what to really say, because sure from their end it looks okay.

What to do?
>>
>>61259678
Try using QBitorrent.

>>61259629
There are ruler applications for the telephone. Or buy a damn ruler already, how can you not have one in the house.

>>61259289
Newegg seems to work. Ask yourself what's a good CPU, there's a "building computer " thread on /g/ right now, Go there.
>>
please answer me >>61253009
>>
>>61260020
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/ATI
>>
Are there any comic readers like Comix that work on Slacko 6.3? Evince is shit and I cannot make anything work.
>>
>>61260067
That page only lists AMDGPU and Catalyst, but what about AMDGPU-PRO?
>>
>>61259902
https://www.dslreports.com/speedtest

Run test with HD-bufferbloat enabled.
>>
File: serveimage.png (38KB, 800x518px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.png
38KB, 800x518px
I'm not sure if my monitor is running at 144hz. When I plug my Mini Mac into the monitor it is definitely running at 144hz. Looks smooth af. But when I switch back to my PC I don't think it's as smooth.

What could be wrong? The windows monitor settings claim it is running at 144hz.
>>
>>61259678
Deluge relies a lot on plugins for its awesomeness. If they don't work for you, make sure you've matched the python versions
>>
>>61260356
Then I dunno, I use Intel graphics on Gentoo so I can't really help with your AMD on Antergos beyond the link I posted.
>>
If I backup my images folder of my tablet to the cloud, will the dates and save order be respected?

This is kind of important because I would save batches of pics every day for months, so by knowing the day an image was saved I could find it easier than over 10,000 pics having the exact same timestamp if loaded from a backup...
>>
>>61260366
I don't see that option.
>>
File: Shit.png (38KB, 809x530px) Image search: [Google]
Shit.png
38KB, 809x530px
>>61260366
>HD-bufferbloat
>>61260582
I found it, the only option I changed, this is what I get, but it still seems odd.
>>
>>61260536
Just write a script to append the date to the filename, problem solved.
>>
>>61260395
What cable are you using and what video card is in the windows machine?
>>
>>61252544
An Asus chromebook
>>
Anyone knows a trustable iso with a light version of Windows 7 for a notebook with 1GB ram?
>>
>>61260649
I don"t know how, do I need a lot of experience to extract the dates and append them correctly?
>>
>>61260504
I believe amdgpu-pro is to amdgpu as Catalyst is to Radeon drivers but for newer GPUs, but I can't find a page on it for Arch based systems
>>
>>61260638
Add dodge comression and run again. Also make sure none of that shit you listed is going on on the network right now.
>>
>>61260723
Doesn't really work that way. You can disable services with guides like blackvipers, but you mostly save hard drive space, not system resources. You will probably have to go with 32 bit.
>>
>>61260676
Displayport and GTX970. Monitor is Acer XL270HU.

It seems most noticeable when watching twitch.
>>
>>61260769
Will it bother if you gave me a list of those services?
>>
>>61260876
https://www.google.com/#q=blackviper
>>
>>61260786
I was going to say maybe something with freesync but not sure because you have nvidia
>>
>>61260911
If you can't, just answer, I don't have much time to google now desu. But thanks.
>>
>>61260915
Maybe I'm just imaging it. Thanks anyway.
>>
>>61260934
Literally the first fucking link. You would have saved time by not asking in the first place.
>>
>>61261049
All you had to do, was give a link anon, we both got out of this losing time.
>>
>>61261096
The difference is you give a fuck. I care more about not having to end every post with "btw, google the keyword I just used". If you just got out of your time machine from the 80s and were immediately directed to this thread, then I apologize.
>>
>>61259917
>There are ruler applications for the telephone.
Is there a specific one you can recommend?
>>
>>61261096
Not him but your phrasing of "will it bother if you gave me a list of those services" is bleeding passive aggression imo. You could've just asked for it nicely, but instead you impled that he should've given it to you already, so you retroactively try to make him feel bad for his "mistake" to make him make it up to you by doing it after you said he should have.

You were being emotionally abusive, and didn't even explicitly ask for it- you just asked if it's too much for him to do it, which implies you believe he should've done it already. You get nothing from him besides reciprocated passivd aggression in the form of a lmgtfy link. Take the L and go home, Maybe someone else will be vulnerable enough for your shite to work on them.
>>
>>61259183
Don't. Too fancy style makes bad readability. HR doesn't like bad readability.
>>
>>61261149
Atleast you know how to apologize.
>>
Are Wi-Fi range extenders the best way to get a stable Ethernet connection on my PC without buying a 100-foot long Ethernet cable, or am I better off sticking with Wi-Fi?
Talking about shit like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HQ883QW (just an example, not looking to buy this one in particular)
>>
>>61259629
You can change that tip.
>>
>>61260738
There are programs that can do that.
>>
>>61261197
I know how it's done but I don't have the tools for that.
>>
>>61261193
Range extenders are pain. I'd spend $10 and actually get that 100 foot cable. You can get flat ones that fit through doorframes better if you need to. There's also powerline adaptors, which can work pretty well depending on your houses wiring, but aren't quite as good as straight up ethernet.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (142KB, 1605x967px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
142KB, 1605x967px
>pirated Windows 7
>used to be fine
>try to update
>stuck for 2 hours

What happened? Any idea why I can't update anymore?
>>
>>61260738
>>61261227
Here, I just went ahead and wrote it for fun. I'm not good at shell scripting so it's probably more complex than it needs to be but it should work, you can adjust the date format in the stat command to your own needs and change .jpg if you need to. Please do not run this on your images without backing them up for obvious reasons.

#!/bin/bash
for f in *.jpg; do echo `echo $f | rev | cut -c 5- | rev`" ("`stat -c "%z" "$f"`").jpg" | xargs -d '\n' mv "$f"; done
>>
>>61261323
It's not the pirating that is your problem.
http://pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
>>
>>61261350
Oh wow! Thank you doge. This is great. I will try it. Maybe I can use this PC a bit more without having to format yet.
>>
File: cy_a-technologist.png (415KB, 750x702px) Image search: [Google]
cy_a-technologist.png
415KB, 750x702px
Why is Gaben looking like Jesus on the sticky?
I thought /g/ hated Steam.
>>
>>61261434
lol
>>
File: aida C drive test.png (30KB, 821x560px) Image search: [Google]
aida C drive test.png
30KB, 821x560px
I think my boot ssd is going bad
>Programs/Windows with sometimes just freeze and not respond for several seconds
>Yesterday the mobo didnt see it as a boot device and I manged to fix that and have had the issue since
>SMART/Cyrstal Disk says everything is fine
>Aida freezes while running benchmarks
>have swapped cables and sata ports, nothing has helped
Am I right that its the ssd or is it something else?
>>
What email service should I use?
>>
>>61261600
Protonmailmeme.
I do and I regret it somewhat. So many features missing atm.
>>
how can I tell if amdgpu is working? I installed the package but Idk if I did it right
>>
File: heenok.jpg (10KB, 235x207px) Image search: [Google]
heenok.jpg
10KB, 235x207px
how to buy cryptocurrency anonymously I.E. without giving away your card number or bank account number ?
>>
File: win95-cga.png (8KB, 304x398px) Image search: [Google]
win95-cga.png
8KB, 304x398px
Is it just me, or do Windows 95 icons look way nicer with CGA colors? Even though Windows uses a shitty 3 level palette in VGA mode, and Windows 95 didn't support EGA or CGA.
>>
How do I fix
>read error: connection reset by peer
on IRC? The only solutions I could find were "download this program, run it, and it'll fix it for you!" which I don't trust. I'm using hexchat 2.12.4.
>>
>>61258541
Giga literally means billion retard.
>>
>>61261986
>>61261986
>>61261986
Thread posts: 332
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.