[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

High res old school games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Why am I just now finding out about framemeister
>>
>>61250620
>>/v/

You don't need this shit, just emulate like a civilized person
>>
>>61250620
Don't buy a framemeister, the manufacturer has cut off the parts supply and soon they will run out and prices will skyrocket, not to mention that the Framemeister isn't 4K ready. Wait and save your money for OSSC 4K. About five years after OSSC 4K comes out though, your consoles ROMS will leak and your discs will rot. From there, you will have to install everdrives and media launchers into your consoles, forever ruining the pristine condition of your childhood devices. About 5 years after that, your consoles will just end up dying. Do you want to go through with all of that? Just get an emulator, a BIOS file, and a copy of Rawdump.
>>
>>61250687
>>61250666
still have a rather large collection of old nes, snes, and sega games, there is something different about playing on hardware you own and playing through a rom, not technically different as i'm not that good at the games to tell if lag is fucking me or not, but just the whole ability to appreciate everything, if that makes sense.
>>
>>61250687
Here is what I would recommend for each console:
>Sega consoles from SG-1000 to Sega 32x
KEGA Fusion, it's free, runs 1:1, and comes with all of the BIOSes
>NES
Either buy a FPGA console like the AVS or the Analogue NT Mini, or a NES Classic if you can, but the most convenient would be through Virtual Console on the Wii. I wouldn't recommend any dedicated emulators.
>SNES
I've heard that ZSNES is pretty good, although it's not my cup of tea, but you should keep your eyes peeled for the SNES Classic Edition. Again, VC is the way to go.
>Nintendo 64
If you own the original console, through it in the fucking garbage and rip all of your roms. The video quality out of that console is the worst of any video game system. Project 64 is the only playable way of playing Nintendo 64 games. Look for HD remakes like Turok or Rare Replay, or Goldeneye Reloaded. That, or wait for the N64 Classic.
>Gamecube and Wii
Dolphin. Keep Wii accessories and isos if you have them. Keep the gamecube if you have a Gameboy player and disc.
>PS2
PCSX2 is almost as good as dolphin, and the video quality out of a ps2 isn't the best, even when played on a PS3.
>>
>>61250753
There's no point in using RGB if you're just going to be playing on a consumer CRT. Do you own a PVM or BVM?
>>
>>61250753
yea makes sense but still, this is more retro gaming or gaming related so maybe post it on these boards?
>>
File: 1498775296530.jpg (45KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1498775296530.jpg
45KB, 1500x1500px
>>61250687
> your consoles ROMS will leak and your discs will rot
> your consoles will just end up dying
lmao nigga you crazy
>>
>>61250834
SEGA Saturn lasers are starting to die.
>>
>>61250799
>I've heard that ZSNES is pretty good
stopped reading there
zsnes is good for one reason, and that is speed. if you're using a >20 year old dos machine, then zsnes is the way to go, but if you want accuracy, then bsnes is where it's at, if your machine isn't fast enough for bsnes, then use snes9x
>>
>>61250964
umm its called higan
>>
>>61250839
someone's working on a flash cart for the saturn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOyfZex7B3E
>>
>>61251044
>you can't do anything with a macbook pro
>>
>>61250620
It's a garbage meme. Just get a CRT if you're concerned about making /vr/ look good - it'll be cheaper and it'll look better.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.