[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dimensional Weight Machines

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Does anyone know much about these machines and are they worth buying? I sell online but the courier companies ping me for sizing issues. Does anyone know where to get them cheap?

Image related.
>>
>>61250592
Wtf is that?
>>
>>61250592
> Ping me for sizing issues

fucking posts a picture of a scale, you wut m8?
>>
>>61252013
Looks like you put a package in the corner. It weighs it and measures the size with the laser sensors so that you get accurate size and weight for shipping purposes.
>>
What if I want to ship a non convex solid?
>>
>>61252065
Then you're fucked m8
>>
>>61250592
just use a fucking tape measure lmao
>>
>>61250592
Do you not own a fucking tape measure? How do you not know the correct size for the boxes you're using?
>>
>>61250592
last place I worked at had 3, and only used 1. it was permanently in storage. Probably could have sold it for a grand or so
>>
>>61250592
Former W&I inspector here. I'm assuming they're dinging you for density?

Anyhow, a tape measure should suffice. Most shipping companies' dimming machines round off to nearest quarter inch, so if you can read a tape measure to the nearest quarter inch, you should be good -- in theory (more on that in a moment).

Your scale, however, has to be certified by whatever state you live in (weights and measures usually falls under the department of agriculture), or else any dispute you file will be immediately dismissed.

Now on to the "in theory" part. Even if your weights and dimensions are accurate, the shipping companies will lie. Remember that Wells Fargo debacle, where employees made fake accounts to meet quotas imposed by management? It's sort of like that. W&I (weights and inspections) departments have quotas of how much extra money they have to get out of customers based on correcting the density of their shipments. They will regularly pad numbers to meet those quotas.

tl;dr - They'll screw you no matter how laser-accurate you are.
>>
>>61252065
They use overall length, width, and height, regardless of the shape of the item.

For example, if you shipped a sphere with diameter x, it would be regarded as a x^3 cube for purposes of size and computing density.

>>61250592
Also, how big are the items you're shipping? Are they on pallets? Shipping companies will measure whatever's larger, the item, or the pallet it's on.

For example, if you ship something 30 in long by 35 in wide by 20 in high, but put it on a standard pallet, it will be dimmed as 48 in long by 40 in wide bu 25 in high (a standard pallet is 48x40 and usually 5 in high).
>>
>>61252013
Dimensional weight machine
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.