[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What kind of cassette player is the best? I'm just looking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: sony-walkman-cassette.jpg (16KB, 400x352px) Image search: [Google]
sony-walkman-cassette.jpg
16KB, 400x352px
What kind of cassette player is the best?
I'm just looking for a reasonably priced one that looks nice, I'm so sick of this shit getting marked up so high because of guardians of the Galaxy
>>
Not sure myself but if you head over to TechMoan's channel on YouTube he's got plenty of recommendations.

You'll want to find one that can play metal (the reel, but I suggest the genre as well. :p) as those have better heads on them normally.

I used a sharp portable cassette player in the 90s. Thing was a champ.
>>
I have this one but in very good condition not scratched up like pic related. Haven't actually used it recently but it worked really well about 15 years ago when I got it for next to nothing. Cassettes are shit though desu it's just nostalgia. I'd rather use my Panasonic MP3-CD portable since it can at least have like 10-20 full albums in good quality on a single CDR, and select albums/tracks digitally unlike tapes which are such a pain in the ass.
>>
>>61249390
I'll have to check out TechMoan
>>61249414
I know cassettes are shit, but my gf has a player in her car, and I really wanted to make her a tape
>>
>>61249511
get a decent player/tape deck and you'll find those old tapes sound better than you remember if you didn't abuse the everliving fuck out of them like leaving those cassettes in a hot car.

the only two downsides to me was the cleaning and head/band replacement. Otherwise it was a great and cheap way for some analogue music compared to vinyl for the price and mobility.

While I can't say 'best' i can say you can get a decent walkman on eBay for less than $20. got myself a fx281 that also takes radio and sounds fantastic. But thats only two days ago and i like to give myself a month before saying anything solid so take that as you will.
>>
>>61249313
The old Sony that used a single AA were the player to have in the day. Really compact, not much bigger than the tapes they played.
>>
>>61249313
Stop making this thread
Well done m8 you picked up a tape player!

Go to carboots m8!
50p a piece.
I own boxes of them!
>>
>>61249313
I would say the Walkman that uses one AA battery. I wish I bought one of those.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.