[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need your expertise /g/, I came home and found my PC won't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: EjaJtRL.jpg (83KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
EjaJtRL.jpg
83KB, 960x720px
I need your expertise /g/, I came home and found my PC won't power on after a lightning storm. It along with my 2 screens were all on a surge protector, and everything else seems fine. I am getting 120v through the wall and from the power strip, but how can I tell if the PSU is fried. What pins should I be probing with my multimeter?
>>
>not your tech support board.

fuck it I'll help anyway. so just to be clear, you don't get any lights or turning fans from the pc at all? also, not to be a dick, but your psu is switched ON, right my boi? (check and check again)
>>
Move it to a different outlet and if you have a spare power cord swap it out. Also try holding the power button for a few seconds to get rid of any built up power.
>>
not to be a dum-dum but did you check the fuse?

i mean i'm in the uk, our plugs have fuses, i don't know if yours do too.
>>
>>61237043
>>61237050
No lights, and have switched to a socket on a sperate breaker. Nothing at all. Should I remove the board battery as well?
>>
File: 1466181166769.jpg (223KB, 722x830px) Image search: [Google]
1466181166769.jpg
223KB, 722x830px
>>61237005
>>
>>61237082

The battery wouldn't stop the system from powering on. Hmm sounds like you'll need a new PSU and hope your board is still good.

Maybe unplug the power to HDDs and disk drives, leaving only power to the board, and also try pulling your RAM out one by one.
>>
>>61237133

Do all this after leaving the PC unplugged for 30 mins. Also try removing the CMOS battery, though seems unlikely that would prevent a power on
>>
Buy a psu from micro center and keep the packing nice. if that's not the issue return it within the week
>>
Put it in rice overnight
>>
It's powering on now, but my h100i isn't coming on so I'm afraid to run it for any extended period. It also just crashes when trying to boot into windows from the UEFI
>>
>>61237005
>"So, like, what do you usually do with your free time, anon?"
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.