[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's up with my crt?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 20170705_180804.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170705_180804.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
What's this black coating on my CRT? I found this monitor on the sode of the road, and it had already started coming off a bit. Is it safe to remove? Really don't want to throw it away, as it hits 1600x1200 and if I drop the resolution I an get 100hz on it.
>>
its the graphite/phosphor coating and if its breaking away then the screen is toast

if its on the outside of the glass its probably just an anti glare coating or something, in which case you can totally remove it
>>
>>61236981
It's only the anti-glare coating. Should be safe to remove. But it takes quite a while to get rid of that shit.
>>
>>61237032
>>61237041
That seems to be the case, image displays fine in the area without it. I think it may also have some anti static properties though.
>>
>>61237124
Oh yeah... that's a side effect. Screen will be more static and screen will be 15% more brighter. But you can knock the brightness down from the OSD.
>>
Can we see the end results when you are done?
>>
Isnt that the anti-cancer-ray coating? I would not mess with crt coating in your place.
>>
>>61237260
Seems like that anti-cancer-ray coating didn't do the job. And you posted in this thread.
>>
>>61237173
Probably going to finish tomorrow, need to get a scrubby sponge to make this go faster.
>>61237260
Was going to kill myself anyway.
>>
>>61237301
You will not die anon. I promise. I've done this before on some Dell monitor with the same issue. If the coating is from the outside you have nothing to worry about.
>>
>>61237301
You can try the steel wool ones. They might work better than the sponge. Just a tip.
>>
>>61237378
>using steel wool on a CRT monitor
enjoy your mustard gas
>>
>>61237288
Ah, yes as I understood from wiki, lead glass took care of those.
>>
>>61237378
steel wool may damage the glass
a scrubby sponge and acetone will strip that shit off fairly fast
>>
>>61237624
If you are pushing too hard then sure.
>>
File: 20170705_202414.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170705_202414.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Definitely is a bit brighter. Thanks for the help /g/!
>>
>>61236981
>What's up with my crt?
>my crt

>I found this monitor on the sode of the road
>sode of the road
>sode
>found
>my crt
I dunno, Jamal.
Maybe smear some of your nigger skin onto it, that'll make the white marks go away.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.