[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Open encrypted mac os usb drive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

i have an encrypted mac os drive and was wondering if there is any way to open it/decrypt it using linux.

I have the password and all just no mac (thanks glass of water) to decrypt it.
>>
>>61233453
Give it back, Jamal
>>
>>61233453
give it back to its owner Tyrone.
>>
>>61233508
>>61233525
nice.

they're really mine but i have no mac to use anymore and im certainly not going to buy a new one just to decrypt 3 usb drives.

this may be hopeless anyway because i can find nothing on the internet.
>>
Give it back DeShawn
>>
GIVE IT BACK DEANDRE JACKSON
>>
>>61233553
do it at the apple store? also return the device daquan
>>
>>61233553

Do you mean you have the password to your encrypted usb? If so use a vm and install the mac operating system of your choice. Then just well I guess passing a usb hub through to a vm is beyond your skill if you are asking this.

Give it back Lequicia
>>
Give it back Malik
>>
>>61233453
As of now you can't open encrypted HFS+ hard drives on linux because it uses a proprietary format that no one has figured out how to use.
>>
>>61233453 Its easier to use osx vm to open it.
>>61233671
>no one has figured out how to use
There is enough software to work with filevault/hfs+ partitions outside of osx. Most of which is not free of course.
https://az4n6.blogspot.lt/2016/07/mounting-and-reimaging-encrypted.html
>>
>>61233453
Give it back, Vladimir Vladimirovits
>>
>>61233453
Sure, you only have to crack the 256bit key.
>>
>>61233671
That's interesting, because in 2014 I was reading an external drive formatted hfs+, on a computer running Debian.

Stop using a tripcode, by the way: nobody cares who you are.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.