[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone heard of this brand before? Opinions? Thanks /g/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: DSC_3854.jpg (69KB, 800x701px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_3854.jpg
69KB, 800x701px
Anyone heard of this brand before? Opinions?
Thanks /g/
>>
>>61230476
May as well just put an unexploded grenade in your pc case.
>>
>>61230499
dubs dont lie.
>>
https://www.eteknix.com/chieftec-135-aps-600sb-series-600w-power-supply-review/
>>
looks ok
maybe don't stick RAIDs onto it
>>
Better not.
>>
>>61230476
>Chieftec
>Chieptec
>Cheaptec
>>
>>61230476
No.
The PSU is one place you DON'T want to cheap out. The PSU is THE most likely component in any build to fail, and they typically don't go out alone. It's generally a "If I'm going down, I'm taking you all with me" type of product. You want something from a name brand rated for 80+ Bronze or better. Highly recommended brands include Seasonic and EVGA.
>>
>>61230476

Instead of googling for the specific brand on the box, look for the company that makes the PSU itself as 99% of all PSUs on the market are rebrands.

Generally speaking, anything Antec/Super Flower/SeaSonic is great and won't let you down
>>
Is Delta Electronics any good?
>>
>>61230476
Chieftec are usually a decent budget brand. They don't make their own units though, so it depends on the specific OEM.

>>61232044
They're one of the very best OEMs, if not THE best.
>>
>>61230476
Lesser know brands are fine as long as it's not a generic ching chong 1000W PSU for $30 with no efficiency rating. I have a Tagan PSU that everyone said to stay away from yet 10 years later it still works fine will 5 years of everyday use.
>>
>>61231398
this
>>
>>61230476
Yes. Apparently they're quite terrible.
>>
>save 20 bux on psu
>fry rest of the computer

CLEARLY worth the risk
>>
>>61230476
Look up who the OEM is, don't fall for the brand meme.
>>
>>61231398
Unless it overcharges a PSU will do nothing since motherboards today are filled with security checks for power management.
>>
>>61234923
frying the computer will be least of his worries. using power hungry components with chink PSU's could literally start a housefire.
>>
>>61230476
Chinese house-fire; don't buy unless you are trying to pull an insurance scam.
>>
i used a chieftec a-135 650w for two years until either it or my motherboard (99% sure it was motherboard) died (wouldn't POST etc) i got a b350 and r7 and corsair rm750x i'm happy now, i knew it was a risk but at least it didn't explode on me during the time i had to use it
>>
i got a "storm silent 500w" when i built my first pc and after 4 months there was a loud pop and pc wouldn't turn on

psu was kill but everything else survived unharmed, still enough to confirm that you never want to go for a cheap option
>>
File: 1486985836022.jpg (69KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486985836022.jpg
69KB, 1280x720px
>>61230476
buying CHINKTEC to save $20 and lose $1000 when it dies and kills all your expensive shit.
>>
>>61231398
>EVGA
Rebranded Super Flower units and the GQ are nice
Most of their other PSU are shit, overpriced, or both
>>
>>61234274
Tagan?
I still have a 900W PipeRock which I used for years in my PC and now runs in my freenas system.
>>
>>61236141
Supernova G2 units are pretty damn good.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.