[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help pleeeeaze

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: download-2.jpg (11KB, 327x154px) Image search: [Google]
download-2.jpg
11KB, 327x154px
Okay so I frequent other boards here, and have lurked here for some time. I’m a complete moron compared to you guys in regards to technology. I have no desire to make it a career I just want to learn about computing and technology.

> I know maybe people don’t have time and enjoy just fucking people off.

But I want to know and learn about.
How computer work
software
Information technology in general
code/programming
Hacking
Encryption
Web applications
Data bases
Servers
Privacy
Dark web

So I know that is an absurd and all encompassing amount of information to learn and interests.

> So my question is where should I start. What would you advise me to look at, watch and read? with specific examples any books you would recommend.

Anyone start on a similar journey?

I know the is 4chan but I don’t really know who else to ask lol.
So any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>
File: im with noob.gif (12KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
im with noob.gif
12KB, 280x280px
>>
>>61229835
wikipedia is preddy goood. you could literally type in those subjects in the search bar and learn quite a lot and have a lot of links to read through just doing that.
>>
>>61229875
And then I assume that would lead to further sources of information?
>>
>>61229885
At the very least, it will raise questions. Google those questions and find more questions from there.

Also look for "essential books on _____" threads out there. Stack Exchange and reddit can be good for that, though outside of having specific questions answered I'd stay away from them.
>>
> In an ideal world it would be great to have some practical skills in the above mentioned fields.
>>
>>61229923
Ok cool, thanks alot. Are you super knowledgable on technology?
>>
>>61229945
No more than any other random person on this board I'd say.
>>
>>61229835
find a library or stfw; what you are looking for isn't new. If you want to start with the theory side of things look up books on computer systems architecture or finite state machines.
If you want to learn to code then learn to code, browsing /g/ is just procrastination in that regard
>>
>>61229977
stfw.. yeah I was just wondering if there was anywhere to really start or any books that people could actually recommend.

I.e specific recommendations rather than generalizations.
>>
>>61229972
yeah ok, thanks all the same.
>>
I was recommended
Code: The Hidden Language of Computer Hardware and Software by Charles Petzold as a good book to start my quest for knowledge
>>
>>61230010
you're just gonna get recommended super nerd shit like SICP or little schemer on here bro, I think wikipedia is the way to go, its pretty neutral and can give you good citations and things to jump off from. knowing the history of computing and encryption is a great way to start with something simple, because you know back in the day things were a lot simpler and got complex really quick. It's easy to understand what a substitution cipher is but good luck understanding rotations in AES or whatever...
>>
>>61230098
Ok cheers thanks for the recommendation, I'm super curious about hacking too... but I guess every man and his dog is
>>
>>
Start anywhere. Go where the road takes you.
I envy you. Enjoy!
>>
>>61229835
libgen.io
Find a book, read it. Repeat.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.