[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do the games runs like shit when v-sync is disable? There

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: snes9x[1].jpg (20KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
snes9x[1].jpg
20KB, 460x215px
Why do the games runs like shit when v-sync is disable? There is no vertical tearing but the game feels like its dropping FPS constantly even if it says its running at steady 60. When I enable v-sync the problem goes away but then there is input lag, which is even worse
Is this a problem with my monitor?
>>
>>61225644
you want /vr/
>>
>>61225644
>>>/vg/emugen is over there, friendo.
>>
>>61225687
>>61225704

Its a technical question tho
>>
File: 1405381993979.png (115KB, 264x240px) Image search: [Google]
1405381993979.png
115KB, 264x240px
>>61225748
It clearly isn't, any bumblefuck on /vr/ could help you.
>>>/vr/
>>
>>61225644

Computers + monitors don't render frames the same way consoles + televisions do.

A Super Nintendo is just blasting pixels right at the CRT in 240p, no delays, no waiting.

Your computer's graphics card is drawing the entire frame to a buffer or three before it ever sends the image along to the monitor, so you're stuck with either screen tearing or frame-skipping if you don't vsync; or 1–3 frames of input lag if you do vsync and maybe triple-buffer. No way around it, I'm afraid.
>>
>>61226142

>A Super Nintendo is just blasting pixels right at the CRT in 240p, no delays, no waiting.

(And, of course, technically speaking, an old console sending an analog signal to an old CRT isn't drawing "frames" at all; to use the correct terminology, it's drawing one of two "fields" and leaving the other one blank, which is where scan-lines come from.)
>>
On top of that, some emulators are decently optimized and some aren't. Use FCEUX over Nestopia, and use BSNES over SNES9x.

And for fuck's sake use a CRT monitor; and either kick up USB polling up to at least 1MHz or just use an old sound card with a game-port and a proper 15-pin PC gamepad (which will require that you use either Windows XP or a Linux distro that supports sound cards with game-ports).
>>
>>61225952
/vr/ is known to be tech illiterate
>>
>>61226142
>>61226180
>Computers + monitors don't render frames the same way consoles + televisions do.
>A Super Nintendo is just blasting pixels right at the CRT in 240p, no delays, no waiting.

Wish there was an award for retards.
Do you really think the SNES does not have/use a framebuffer? Top fucking kek m8.
>>
>>61226256
Nice meme, did you hear that from /vr/?
Literary 125Hz polling controller and any old 2ms flatscreen with emulation on a decent PC will be faster input lag wise then the actual thing, if we are talking NES/SNES here.

>or just use an old sound card with a game-port and a proper 15-pin PC gamepad
GamePort won't give you an edge over USB.

It's mathematical.
Not that I'm saying a good controller and CRT aren't better.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.