[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OnePlus 5 jelly scrolling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

File: 1486501512552.webm (3MB, 406x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486501512552.webm
3MB, 406x720px
Have they figured out how to fix jelly scrolling on OP5 with a software update? How the fuck did that shit pass the Q&A???
>>
>>61220128
You get it replaced.
>>
>>61220146
unfortunately, they do not consider this a defect and won't replace it.
>>
>>61220165
Then you just got Chink'd.
>>
>>61220128
Why is this a problem?
>>
>>61220128
Honestly that's pretty cool
>>
>>61220483
>>61220525
Hello Pajeets.
>>
>>61220128
ive never seen such an effect before
>>
is this a """"""""""feature""""""""""
>>
>>61220128
why did you buy that piece of chink shit in the first place you deluded faggot
>>
still use my oneplus one because it refuses to stop working and give me an excuse to buy a new phone
>>
So is this screen tearing or what?
>>
They had to put in the screen upside down because of internal hardware shit.

Now don't ask me why that entails the jelly thing, idk.
>>
>>61220633
Screens and software assume that the refresh is done from the top to the bottom. The screen in the phone is mounted upside down.
>>
>>61220654
>had to
#neversettle
>>
>>61220128
that made my eyes hurt wtf
>>
>>61220128
>buying a bad iPhone clone running Android

???
>>
>>61220686
poojeets gonna get chinked.
>>
>>61220128
I'm an OP5 right now, and I'm not getting that Effect. Maybe it's the App and not the phone? What App is that?
>>
>>61220165
>they do not consider this a defect
this rustles my jimmies so much. Anything that deviates from normal behavior is a defect by definition. That companies can just brush it off is fucking ridiculous. Companies selling screens with dead pixels and saying it's normal have their own spot in hell, right next to nvidia for making a gpu setup (optimus) that's electronically flawed and has unfixable varying (from just a little to all the fucking time) amounts of diagonal screen tearing.
>>
>>61220938
It's not a defect because OP intentionally engineered the phone that way. It's working exactly as intended.

This is why I don't pre-order phones or buy them within a couple months of release. Preorder fags only have themselves to blame. They bought something without knowing what they were getting.
>>
>>61220970
I was assuming the dude's claim that it was a defect was legit. If oneplus designed it that way as a stupid gimmick, then yeah, op can at most blame them for not making it an option that can be turned off since this is nothing more than a software gimmick.
>>
>>61220128
See my Tab S 10.5 has a similar issue because the screen was designed to be used in landscape, but I use it in portrait 90% of the time. Rather than a up/down lag I get left/right lag when scrolling (one side scrolls faster like a wave). Always thought I was going crazy but this OP5 news confirms the screen refresh issue.
>>
>>61220483
This. Yeah, it looks a bit off but so what? It only affects scrolling so it doesn't really interfere with anything.
>>
>>61221074
>basic no-brain feature that everyone has always done right now gets fucked up for no reason, visually breaking established designs and expectations and being obnoxiously obvious and in your way
>how is this a problem
I swear you must be an american businessman or something. Absolutely no sense of product/work quality.
>>
>>61220128
You're sure that's not a feature?
>>
why can't it just be disabled
>>
How do i get that cool effect
>>
>>61221332
it's a silly gimmick. It has no value and you will get tired of it soon. Please dont encourage the idiots making this kind of thing
>>
>>61221332
cut corners in manufacturing
>>
>>61221358
I like it too.
>>
>>61220128
is that tearing?
>>
>>61220551
>>61221332
If you have an OLED phone you can turn it upside down and see the same thing.

>>61221229
Can't. This is at the hardware level.
>>
>>61220927
>What app is that
Nigga
>>
>>61221516
huh, i can *just barely* notice some "compression/stretching" effect comparing right side up and upside down on my S4
it's incredibly subtle though, not remotely as pronounced as in op's clip
>>
You got chinked by Carl Poo

Haha do one plus shit phones still have 2007esque 1080 screens? Lel

What a joke of a company. With fans on the same sheep / blind follower / shill level as iFags
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.