[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apple II* CP/M Z80 Co-Processor Cards?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: s-l1600.jpg (285KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
285KB, 1600x1200px
I was thinking about buying one, but I'm not sure I know how to get one working. It seems pretty daunting. I'm new to old Apples(last time I touched one was 1985 or so) but I'm now hooked. Experiences with Z80 cards? Are they hard to find software for/get running?
I found a IIe MB with the 64K card and a CP/M with another 64K for about $200. Want...
>>
>>61218903
But it and you can find how how to get it working.

That's a rather stupid question with all the documentation being available on the internet.
>>
>>61218979
It doesn't have any disks, and the only way I could make it run is with a serial/cassette connection using ADTPro. I don't have a serial card yet, and the cassette data transfer seems iffy.
The card I'm looking at is the PCPI Appli-Card Z80 Co-Processor CP/M
And don't be a dick. My God.
>>
File: h-hemorrhoids.jpg (39KB, 240x254px) Image search: [Google]
h-hemorrhoids.jpg
39KB, 240x254px
Well, fuck it. I'm buying it.
But for some of us, $150 is a lot of money to spend on yet another new hobby. So we ask for help, rather than blindly throwing our money at something that may sit on a shelf for another decade or two.
If anybody would talk about MAX SPEED Apple IIe gear, I'd like that.
>>
File: photo2.jpg (281KB, 2400x800px) Image search: [Google]
photo2.jpg
281KB, 2400x800px
>PCPI Appli-Card
It looks like this card also had optional 64K and 128K more expanded/enhanced cards? I looked, and I can't find any, at all, ever, in the wild.
And the card would do a whopping 4 or 6MHz. Anybody know how to tell if the card I'm looking at is a 4 or 6?
And the fucker had a chip slot for another clock? Again, I looked, and I can't find any, at all, ever, in the wild.
But God damn. $150, for a guaranteed time and money waster?
>>
it sounds interesting but I don't know if I would dump $150 on one of those since CP/M's base probably isn't all that great in comparison to ProDOS or whatever else, is this the only retro system you've got and you're just trying to trick it out as much as possible?
>>
File: Ubuntu_1210731368-000.jpg (29KB, 460x330px) Image search: [Google]
Ubuntu_1210731368-000.jpg
29KB, 460x330px
>>61219295
>>61219295
You know, man. I'm about the most violently aggressive PC guy you could ever meet. But I bought an old Apple 2e, like the ones I played some fishing game on, over thirty years ago. I had NEVER been inside one. I wouldn't have dared, when I was 9. They're cute, simple(ish) and sentimental. Mind you, we are talking per-Mackintosh, you fucking cunt.
So suck a dick, homosexual. I still use the rack mount full ATX case I special ordered from a PC magazine, before you were born. It's seen SO MANY MBs and PSUs, over the years.
Call me a Macfag again. I dare you. See what happens.
>>
>>61219308
I dig. But this one card seems to be the cream, and it's $50 cheaper than I've seen it sold for.
But since money doesn't grow on... Since money is tight, I may snipe a cheaper Microsoft one, to get my feet wet.
>>
>>61219499
>giving redditors and /v/ shitposters the (You)s they crave
>>61219551
if it's worth it to you my man and you're gonna get use out of it nobody's stopping you
definitely would advise to do some more googling around and find the documentation and useful information on it before you go for it though, to make sure you aren't just buying a paperweight with no idea how to use it, maybe get some CP/M software set aside to run on it too
or focus on getting the basic peripherals you seem to be lacking first, with that money you could probably buy a bridge box to write disks for it
>>
>>61219607
It's a holiday, I'm feeling good, and chatty, so free (you)s for errybody.
Yup. I need a serial card, or some kind person to make me a couple disks for the Starcard/Applicard. That cassette transfer looks... problematic.
I think I'll buy a serial card, to get the goods, and snipe a cheep untested, less rare, CP/M for $40 or so.
Thanks a lot, man
Have a red-blooded American rock song, on this fine day:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gwaq8cC3y8&list=PLbAySesfrAELRyo_rxi6vkZJsBu52eica
>>
>>61219735
godspeed family
from what I'm looking at on this card the microshit card is probably a better bet compatibility-wise anyway at the cost of some of the performance, but unless you've got a particular piece of software in mind that would really benefit from what you're looking at I think you'll be fine
>>
>>61219876
Word.
Mostly I just want to be able to find Carmen, in 80 column mode, FASTER(4-6MHZ/192K!), once and for all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK-lGSYKaaM
>>
>tfw almost got a IIgs for cheap but got caught up in an auto bidder fight

How in the hell does one get a retro system these days? Just luck?
>>
>>61221289
talk to people in high places that can snag things from recycle for you or take you straight to the source
or have enough disposable income and patience to bid/BIN on ebay
>>
File: 1494674102936.png (240KB, 377x434px) Image search: [Google]
1494674102936.png
240KB, 377x434px
>>61219499
>uses applel product
>calls someone else homosexual
>>
>>61221549
>>61221574
are they ever going to get around to rangebanning India or is /g/ going to have to put up with this shit tier bait eternally
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.