[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aside from bodned xDDDD tinfoil, what other reasons are there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 259x194px
Aside from bodned xDDDD tinfoil, what other reasons are there to use GNU/Linux above windows?
>>
you will get more bitches
>>
You set up your linux/gnu once and spend 10 hours fixing shit, you will never have a problem with linux again once you configurate it to your demands.

You set up your windows and spend 3 hours in settings, anti virus alarm gets off, computer shuts down, blue screen. Spend 20 hours googling your problems, send it to a repair shop, get it back 3 weeks later with a deformed case but it works again.
>>
>>61214010
1) It's free as in "it costs no money"
2) It's highly configurable (DE, WM...)
3) Unix-like architechture is comfy as fuck
4) You don't have to download unsecure .exe from the interwebs to have softwares, just use the packet manager.
5) Software updates are centralised.
6) You have a total control over your machine (no suprise updates, no telemetry, etc...)
7) Windows is not Gentoo
>>
>>61214010
Apple shill plz go
>>
>>61214079
You do not understand automated Windows imaging or configuration management

Set up Windows Server once, and then automatically build and configure n client PCs with all drivers
>>
it's the OS young nerds get on to feel special and tricky(it's shit)
>>
it's WAY FUCKING faster and you don't have to juke and weave to avoid spyware when you go surfing on the world wide web
>>
>>61214288
ok dude.
>>
>>61214010
Freedom, seriously. If that doesn't matter to you I'm not going to try and win you over, coincidentally I've decided it doesn't matter to me, I use W10, I might go back to GNU/Linux if canonical gets their shit together but I am still butthurt I donated $100 to them which they seemed to promptly piss away on awful pet projects.
>>
>>61214010
It's really depends on what you want. Linux offers you a lot of possibilities from configuration and software selection. There is a dozen of different DE (Desktop Environment) with completely different UI, and you may find one that suit you better than the Windows one.
My others reasons are a multitude of small details, like the presence of virtual workspace, or the fact that my file explorer can open (and keep bookmarks of) remote ftp.

And there is all power user features provided by the console: searching files using complex patterns, without having to take the mouse; mass conversion of audio file in whatever format I prefers; the ease of installing anything programming-related.
>>
>>61214010
1. The way software is installed and updated is much, MUCH better (package managers). Don't have to hunt down shoddy .exe's, updates apply to ALL software and not just the system.
2. Its free of charge. Only enterprise Linux distros like Red Hat cost money, and even then it's only for the support they will give you.
3. A lot more freedom and customizability in how you want your OS to look and function. You can easily get rid of bloat, unlike Windows.
4. Most popular distros have great documentation for installation or troubleshooting (Arch wiki I love you).
5. Depending on how you set it up, Linux distros are almost always lighter on system resources (CPU usage, RAM usage, storage space taken).
>>
>>61214010
1. fun
its different. it looks different.
its also free as in beer and works on my hardware
2. rice
you installed linux 5 minutes ago and are bored of it already? nevermind, install all the DE's in existence and waste hours of your life theming it however
3. freedumbs
stallman may be a fat, unkempt jewish communist who eats toejam, but he's right about a few things, like fucking kids
>>
File: Screenshot_20170704_142652.png (110KB, 668x533px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170704_142652.png
110KB, 668x533px
>fresh debian 9 install
>try to use some qt program
>need to rebuild ssl in order to run it
wow the true power of Loonix in here!
>>
>>61214254
It's the same with Linux sperglord
>>
>>61214216
>no telemetry
noobunto, mint
>>
>>61216027
That's real telemetry and can be removed with ease.
>>
>>61214010
because its free (as in costs no $) and if you have a pc that is only used for shitposting and watching animuh (like a laptop) it works just fine
>>
>>61214010
- Programming and dev tools
- Obscure window managers
- Use cases that aren't desktop/workstation
- Being the coolest hacker kid in school

That's about it.
>>
>>61216027
if you're too dumb to install it, you can always use another distro
>>
>>61214254
Thank you for your post. 20 Windows XP have been delivered to your account.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.