[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>streaming video on Android >go to another tab in browser

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

File: 1498875469955.jpg (156KB, 789x713px) Image search: [Google]
1498875469955.jpg
156KB, 789x713px
>streaming video on Android
>go to another tab in browser
>go back to streaming tab
>have to reload the entire fucking page and buffer the video again

Why the fuck does this happen in the current year?

Same thing with the Netflix app
>>
>the life of a streaming phone fag
>>
>android
>>
>>61211796
>OP
>>
>>61211812
>The best option
>>
>>61211865
for kids maybe
>>
Isn't it because of terrible memory management?
>>
>>61211881
I imagine it is something like this but I was hoping someone could explain things in detail

>>61211805
>>61211812
Streaming from a tablet can be comfy. I also travel a lot and often only bring a tablet
>>
>>61211881
Yes

>have 16 gib of ram
>minimize app
>open it later
>android decided to unload the app from memory even though there's 15 gib of ram free
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>61211796
Try stop being so ADD and just stay on the tab you're on until the video is done. Ever thought of that?
>>
>>61211914
This

Why must it be this way

Even the fucking Netflix app does it if you go to the homescreen
>>
I'm doing the same from my iPad Pro 2nd gen and it works just fine
>>
>>61211919
>What is accidentally pressing something
>what are pop ups and shit that randomly opens another tab even though you use adblock

I should have the convenience of being able to switch tasks

Not all of us are neets who can stare at a screen for three hours straight uninterrupted
>>
>>61211930
Why don't you compile some iPad apps on that iPad of yours there, buddy? Yeah.
>iToddler
>>
>>61211952
cringe
>>
>>61211952
why would I use my iPad for that when I can just do it in xcode on my MacBook Pro? also why would I need to compile an app, I already have all of the ones I need desu
>>
>>61211942
Have you tried some different browsers? Maybe something non-webkit like Firefox or Opera Mobile would let you do what you're trying.
>>
>>61211969
I've tried this on opera, chrome and firefox
>>
>>61211960
>why would I use my iPad for that when I can just do it in xcode on my MacBook Pro?
Wait, didn't Apple's marketing department just finish spending 10's of millions of dollars to convince everyone that the new iPad pro was better than a laptop?
>Guess not.
>>
>>61211985
>Wait, didn't Apple's marketing department just finish spending 10's of millions of dollars to convince everyone that the new iPad pro was better than a laptop?

But the fact is it does replace laptop use for 90% of users. I prefer using it for watching videos, typing essays, ssh/ftp use when I'm away from work, notetaking, etc. It's just more convenient desu but I understand neets don't get it
>>
>>61211923
>>61211914
Cause of the Java garbage collector and androiod memory management.
>>
>>61211995
>But the fact is it does replace laptop use for 90% of users.
You're confused, Pajeet. What you mean to say is an iPad can do 90% of what a typical laptop is used for. The problem is that last 10%. Oh, and it's a different 10% for every user. The iPad has a looooong way to go before it can realistically replace a PC for the vast majority of users.
>>
>>61212021
not sure why you're so mad + projecting so much but it does what I want it to. get over yourself and get some sun, lardass
>>
>>61211995
>doesnt do what you want
>more convenient
lel
>>
>>61212029
But it does do what I want? Are you capable of reading English? Sad!
>>
>>61211796
shit son, Chrome does that on pc. god knows i have to hear shit from my hoodrat wigger sister all the time because of it.
>>
>>61212045
Not for OP!
>>
>>61212059
But op uses android. Reading comprehension much, underage?
>>
>>61211796
Here's a serious suggestion. Throw the Android tablet in the trash and get a convertible Chromebook that runs Android apps. The browser is desktop tier so none of the refreshing bullshit and you can still lay in the bed and shitpost with Clover. win/win
>>
xiaomi MIUI is notorious for this but at least you can turn it off
>>
>>61212067
Thanks I'll consider it

Being able to shitpost from bed is a very serious priority of mine
>>
>>61212168
Believe me, I totally get it. Considering the Samsung Chromebook Pro myself. Convertible, stylus, Android apps, 10 hour battery, and Core m3 to boot. Probably make a hell of an Android "tablet".
>>
>>61211875
low quality b8
>>
>>61212228
sorry but I'm completely serious. only underage children call things "bait"
>>
>>61212052
It does, but it's not as extreme as Android. Android dumps everything the moment I exit the tab
>>
>>61212273
chrome does that on my pc, and my godawful kindle fire.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.