[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Stupid question/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 14

File: giphy.gif (156KB, 500x355px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
156KB, 500x355px
>Can someone tell me how the fuck this code work ?

#include <stdio.h>
#define DEDANS 1 //à l'intérieur d'un mot
#define DEHORS 0 //à l'extérieur d'un mot

/* Ce programme va afficher son entrer sur */
/* ça sortie à raison, d'un mot par ligne. */

int main(void)
{
int c, etat;
etat = DEHORS;

while ((c = getchar()) != EOF)
{
if (c == ' ' || c == '\t' || c == '\n')
{
if (etat == DEHORS)
{
etat = DEDANS;
putchar('\n');
}
}
//Sinon ne rien afficher
else
{
etat = DEHORS;
putchar(c);
}
}
return 0;
}
>>
Does storage become slower when it's close to being full or am just hallucinating? My phone was almost full but I deleted 20 GB of movies that I didn't watch and it feels much faster now
>>
File: sapo inocente2.jpg (166KB, 864x864px) Image search: [Google]
sapo inocente2.jpg
166KB, 864x864px
What software i can use to manage thumbnails in windows?
>>
Downloading Snapchat for the first time just now. Why does it need every permission under the sun? I feel like I'm selling my soul just so I can send and receive shitposts. Is it worth?
>>
Are there any good small tablets for around $300? I want a device to remote into my PC from downtown to play VNs and stuff
>>
>>61210944
>using foreign language for variables
>comments are full of grammar errors

It's explained in K&R I think.
>>
>>61211263
Mi Pad
>>
>>61210944
What it does is copy stdin to stdout while replacing any run of spaces, tabs, or newlines with a single newline.
How it does that is with a two state state machine.
>>
File: supcucks.jpg (337KB, 1066x945px) Image search: [Google]
supcucks.jpg
337KB, 1066x945px
How do I get the outlined figures into some C code, so I can use it as a cmd stat display?
>>
>>61211253
If Stacy is going to send you nudes through it, worth. Otherwise not worth.
>>
File: view.php.jpg (14KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
view.php.jpg
14KB, 320x320px
>>61211382
Hoooo, thank you !!!
I get it !

Go back to work now !
>>61211351
French is a foreign language x)))? What do you mean by this ?
>>
I'm suddenly not seeing the network icon in ubuntu. Net-tools isn't installed and I'm blanking on what the network manager was called. If something got uninstalled, how the hell do I get a package without a connection? Phoneposting, so it's harder to Google things in quick succession or I might have an idea by now of what to do.
>>
File: rincewind.jpg (36KB, 300x448px) Image search: [Google]
rincewind.jpg
36KB, 300x448px
>>61210944
First of all, EOF is just zero, so you can get rid of that != there.

Second, I'm pretty sure it's improper to write '\0' as '', besides, you just checked for that at the start of the loop.
>>
Les fautes d'orthographe mec...
>>
>>61210944
how do i create a bootable windows usb stick on debian? pls help I am noob
>>
how can I use terminal to randomize my file names but keep them within 4chan standards? ie 1489113207602
>>
>>61210944
Here's your problem. Some moron wrote it in French.
>>
>>61211772
False... EOF is not zero, it is actually not defined, but in practice is usually defined as -1.

$ cat eof.c
#include <stdio.h>

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
printf("%d\n", EOF);
return 0;
}
$ ./eof
>>
File: MY SETUP.png (7KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
MY SETUP.png
7KB, 640x360px
can you help me with dual screen?
sometimes when i playing a videogame and i move mouse to the left the mouse leaves the game screen and i minimize the game accidentally
happened to me a couple of times already
how do i stop this from happening? im using fullsscreen, none of that windowed or borderless crap
>>
Anyone know where manjaro keeps the installed linux kernels?
>>
>>61211549
Yes, it's a foreign language. English is something everyone is expected to understand therefore you should keep your code variables and comments in English
>>
File: 1499142273909.png (70KB, 808x1224px) Image search: [Google]
1499142273909.png
70KB, 808x1224px
I have a 20 year old computer, what's a lightweight distro/DE I can run?
>>
>>61212837
puppylinux
>>
>>61212406
In the crasheskernelandkillsyouraudioandusbdriverseveryFUCKINGUPDATE directory
>>
>>61212070
download rufus, set image as the iso you downloaded
>>
>>61211212
Worried about mummy or tech support finding traces of cp?

Windows records every file, and every folder you ever open
>>
>>61211373
Better yet: lap top
>>
>>61211386
Your ram is a decade too slow
>>
>>61210980
I think its only true when its really close to being completely full
but on the other hand some reading/searching would get slower when theres just more to scan through
>>
>>61212837
Windows 3
Or just Linux 2.x shell
>>
>>61211386
make small screenshots and just include them in your code

or in speccy you can copy the text, so maybe theres some way to hqve the code copy the text if the numbers alone
>>
Is it normal for 4chan thumbnails to look like their at the seams with artifacts even though when you open the pic it's fine?
>>
File: 1496804338868 (1).jpg (241KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1496804338868 (1).jpg
241KB, 1920x1080px
What kind of retardation can befall a modem that it only lets you access Alphabet/Google sites and nothing else on EVERY device connected to it?

The best part is that my fucking ISP doesn't even have costumer service during the night so I can't scream at them for being so shit at their job.
>>
Rec me a VPN to use from Australia? Something super cheap but /g/ approved
>>
Fucking french are the worst. Everywhere they possibly can they will not use english for the sole purpose of not using english
>>
>>61213268
>The best part is that my fucking ISP doesn't even have costumer service during the night
Not even on Halloween?
>>
>>61212529
>Not writing all your comments in third world so it becomes way harder for employers to fire you.
>>
>>61213468
Not AFAIK.

I can only imagine it's a DNS error, since that's what usually goes wrong but holy shit this is the second computer, third modem, and second ISP that I go trough and I can't get away from network errors.
>>
My second HDD is not being recognized after a Windows 7 reinstall. Please help.
>>
File: 09314375.png (312KB, 389x386px) Image search: [Google]
09314375.png
312KB, 389x386px
Why are USB and bluetooth still so unreliable and shit?

>New mobo has USB-C
>But less type A ports
>Buy a C to A adapter
Now if I leave the adapter plugged in after booting up the front panel USB ports don't work

>Wear out the 3.5mm audio jack on my phone
>Buy a head unit with bluetooth instead
>Sometimes it will connect
>But no audio will come though
No amount of restarting the phone, turning the head unit on and off, reconnecting bluetooth, taking the face plate off, will get it to work.
I have to turn the engine off and start it again for it to connect and play.
>>
>>61213164
I know.
>>61213184
The idea is to have more efficiency, doing that would keep all the windows open, any idea where these programs get the data from?
>>
I remember seeing a comprehensive guide to uninstalling various telemetry services and cortana in windows 10. Yes it involved anally raping your registry. Now I can't find it anywhere for shit. Help?

>inb4 install gentoo
>>
I cracked the glass on my lg x screen. Thinking about replacing the screen, but cant find a good tutorial online. Also i've never replaced a screen. Any advice?
>>
Is there Open Source OpenGL benchmark?
>>
>>61213789
Also, a quarter of my USB 2.0 devices don't work in 3.0 ports.
>>
Which of the following commands set “other” permissions on file to r-x?

chmod o+rx file
chmod o-r-w file
chmod o=r+x file
chmod o=rx file

Can someone help me understand this question ? chmod o=r+x file sets the file to r-x, but chmod o=rx file also sets the file r-x.
>>
Anyone here using a ryzen CPU with Linux? (Specifically Debian 9).
Any issues?
>>
>>61213969
Yes, troubles depends on Linux kernel version.
Debian have 4.9.
But kernel 4.10 gives Linux support for AMD Ryzen multithreading
>>
>>61213849
Most phones are similar once you understand the general process. Watch some videos of replacing other screens, get confident, order a chinky replacement screen, try not to destroy your phone. >>61213366
PIA. Aus servers are fast, has lots of non five eyes countries
>>
>>61213979
But the kernel 4.10 is not yet in the Debian distro, is it? I'll have to install Debian and then install the kernel.
>>
>connected laptop to internet with Ethernet cable
>used to get full download speed as on the PC and great local file transfer speeds
>two weeks pass
>laptop now gets a tenth of the download speed it used to but PC is still normal
>local file transfers are pitifully slow

What could be causing this?
>>
>>61213802
A PC has some built i sensors, they can be somehow viewed in bios. Im an amateur but I think getting to the built in sensors of th le mobo is some lead
>>
>>61211212
Icarius
>>
>>61213992
Yes, you can, but you may have troubles in installation process like
> core perfctr but no constraints; unknown hardware!
>>
>>61214027
I've seen the "unknown hardware" notification while booting into a live iso of Ubuntu 16.04.2. But it still worked.
>>
Any WPF wizards here?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-07-04-12-07-06.png (87KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-04-12-07-06.png
87KB, 720x1280px
How much effort does it take to compile your own clover just to lower these timers
>>
>>61214109
Step 1. Use Dashchan
>>
I want to backup my stuff. I have thousands of books, epub/pdf, and I want to make sure I keep them forever.

I need security and privacy. What do?
>>
>>61214149
Tape drive.
>>
is there a software that deletes files and programs after a certain time or if i don't do something in a certain time?
>>
>>61213934
Check if o=r+x works on a file that is already rwx, it might actually be the same as o=r,o+r. The proper answer is the last one though.
>>
>>61212837
Solus
>>
>>61210944
Your code appears to be C, not C++, yet the // comment is only valid in C++
>>
>>61214149
bump
>>
>>61214329
>>61214160
>>
>>61214117
Step 2. Delete this shit and use Google Chrome.
>>
>>61214324
// comments are valid since more than 15 years. The world evolves, grandpa
>>
File: 1497180323492.jpg (204KB, 496x1122px) Image search: [Google]
1497180323492.jpg
204KB, 496x1122px
is there a way to assume terminal colorscheme for a cli application written in C/C++?
is there a easier way than just cucking the terminal and reading directly from eg .xresources?
>>
File: 1499117827949s.jpg (6KB, 240x150px) Image search: [Google]
1499117827949s.jpg
6KB, 240x150px
What's a moron-proof backup (that doesn't require a whole extra hard drive) that's easily avaliable on Fedora?
>>
>>61214521
Print something it, do a screengrab, find the thing you printed out, analyze colors.
Piece of fucking cake.
>>
Can someone explain how encryption could have a backdoor? I was under the (probably incorrect) impression that encryption was simply math. So when someone says an encryption method has a backdoor, what do they mean? Is it just that there is an unknown (to the public) "default" encryption key that works in all cases, or is it something more complicated?
>>
Pale Moon is not anti-aliasing fonts properly or at all. What settings should I change?
>>
>>61214521
>>61214558
nvm found out about ansi escape sequences
>>
Does gstreamer have the best playback?
>>
>>61213173
>but on the other hand some reading/searching would get slower when theres just more to scan through
Only on really crappy filesystems that don't use proper indexing structures. I.e. pretty much FAT nowadays.
>>
>>61214603
It's true that encryption is only math, but it's far from "simply" math. These is several potential window attacks:

- Commonly used crypto algorithms are these who haven't but broken after decades of research from the cryptographic researchers. It doesn't means they are unbreakable. In fact, there is regularly new attacks discovered weakening the algorithms. That why algos are slowly replaced by more solids ones, like md5 as been replaced by sha1. Voluntary use of a weak algorithm is a form a backdoor.

- It's extremely complicated to implements theses algorithms. The algorithm may be perfect, it doesn't prevents the code to have weakness due to bad implementations.

As an example, a large part of cryptographic methods need to a random numbers. However, truly randomness doesn't exists on a computer. So, some external random values (like the temperature variation) are gathered from the environment, and used as a "seed". A RNG (Random number generator) will take the few octets of the seed and can generate an unlimited amount of pseudo-random generator.
However, if you can manipulate and/or predict the seed, you can re-create everything randomly-generated, and so, know the cryptographic keys.

- If it's closed-source, you can do almost anything you want. Ex: if you are Microsoft, you can choose to use "NSA-compliant" random seeds when starting the Windows RNG. It will be undetectable from the outside, but the NSA can reproduce all keys used between data exchanges, and so read the data.
>>
>>61211386
In Linux, you'd check under /sys/class/hwmon. On Windows, no idea.
>>
>>61213789
>USB
That's just you. I've literally never had any reliability problems with USB on any computer or device, and neither has anyone I know.

>Bluetooth
Because it's wireless, and there are tons and tons of environmental factors affecting wireless operation. They never have worked and never will work as well as wired alternatives. Same thing about WiFi.
>>
>>61213934
>o=r+x
The + is probably just ignored without an error in that syntax, o=rx is the proper syntax.
>>
>>61213979
>But kernel 4.10 gives Linux support for AMD Ryzen multithreading
I've seen this meme many a time on /g/, but I have been utterly unable to correlate it to reality. None of the kernel news sites lists and Ryzen-specific changes in 4.10, and in my testing, it has worked perfectly well with 4.9.
>>
>>61214808
>like md5 as been replaced by sha1
And SHA1 has been replaced by SHA2.
>>
>>61214960
What are you using?
>>
>>61214935
It's just USBc being a cluster Fuck
>>
>>61210944
>not ASCII characters in your code
scum
>>
>>61213231

PLEASE RESPOND
>>
Next semester, among other things, I'ill have an OpenGL course on C++ under Linux, like almost all classmates, I decided to prepare on summer and write a semester project, something like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUIRvJKroMk
Please, advise the tutorial how to make another one generic 3D spaceship simulator
>>
>>61212837

Crunchbang
>>
File: 1482035754376.gif (784KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1482035754376.gif
784KB, 500x281px
>>61210944
>//Ce programme va afficher son ENTREE sur //
>//SA sortie à raison, d'un mot par ligne.//

Sérieux, fait gaffe à l'orthographe, ça pique les yeux et ça ne donne pas envie de lire la suite...
>>
>>61210944
English is the international standard for source code comments, variables, functions, etc.
>>
>>61211382
You\ said\ state\ twice.bmp
>>
>>61210944
rewritten for clarity

#include <stdio.h>
#include <ctype.h>

#define IN 1
#define OUT 0

int main()
{
int c, state;

state = OUT;
while ((c = getchar()) != EOF) {
if (!isspace(c)) {
state = IN;
putchar(c);
} else if (state == IN) {
state = OUT;
putchar('\n');
}
}
return 0;
}
>>
How can I keep my Dropbox safe? I keep a lot of very important things in there. Were it to be hacked would be a huge blow to me. Obviously the first step is not letting people know how important it is, or better yet, not to let anyone know that I use it in the first place. VBut what else could be done? A very strong password also seems obvious.
>>
what's a good generic mp3 player? my 10 year old ipod finally shat out.

no bells and whistles, just something i can use to play tunes in my car. 128 gig preferred.
>>
>>61218001 here
The guy who wrote the French code also had the comments and naming for his state machine backwards (he used IN when he was outside of a word).
>>
>>61218077
Use 7z with aes 256 to zip your shit.
>>
>>61211710
sudo systemctl restart network-manager
>>
>>61212837
wattOS is a fast desktop Linux distribution based on Ubuntu. Using the lightweight Openbox window manager as its default user interface, the distribution strives to be as energy-efficient as possible so that it can be used on low-specification and recycled computers.
>>
I got a stripped j00 size screw that I can't get out with a rubber band or super glue. I have no power tools.
What are my options?
>>
Can there be such thing as a software reset button as my case doesn't have one?
If not, I'll just rip a reset button off of another computer and plug it in.
>>
File: a40f8890eb2864120deaeb8d71d4fb81.jpg (107KB, 857x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a40f8890eb2864120deaeb8d71d4fb81.jpg
107KB, 857x1200px
If I do a clean install of windows on a new SSD while still having an install of windows on my secondary HDD, will I need to activate it (with my Microsoft account which has the license tied to it for example, if so, how many times can I re-activate new installations with my MS account?) or no?
>>
>>61215773
The 4.9 kernel that comes with Debian.
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.