[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-gtx-580- dx-12-benchmarks-geforce

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: Nvidia_(logo).svg.png (49KB, 1200x960px) Image search: [Google]
Nvidia_(logo).svg.png
49KB, 1200x960px
http://wccftech.com/nvidia-gtx-580-dx-12-benchmarks-geforce-384-76-geforce-400-500-series-direct-x-12/

THANK YOU BASED NVIDIA
>>
>>61210283
>Nvidia in charge of DX12
>>
>nvidia DX12
>decrease in performance

>AMD DX12
>increase in performance

Now you see why they delayed this release for so long. It would have been a PR nightmare if they released it a year or so ago when DX12 was all the hot shit.
>>
>>61210333
>Release it today
>Run like shit
>WOW DX12 is such a scam
>Consumer and developer keep using DX11 for another two decades
>Nvidia doesn't need to bother with new API.

Fucking genius.
>>
>>61210353
It's funny because it's true.
People don't even understand how good DX12 and Vulkan can be compared to ancient ass DX11. And how much Nvidia is holding everything back.
>>
File: 580 1060 game breakdown.png (505KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
580 1060 game breakdown.png
505KB, 1920x1080px
>>61210375
If only AMD could pull their heads out of their ass and make something better than a mid-range/budget GPU.
>>
>>61210398
Don't disagree. RTG is a clusterfuck of epic proportions right now. They put the groundwork down for these new API's to just end up getting a big dick from behind from the industry.
>>
>>61210398
In all seriousness imagine if AMD made a Rx 490 and 490x using Polaris instead of Vega. Considering the price of freesync monitors and how much better amd does at DX12 and vulkan it would fucking destroy Nvidia offerings in the long term.
>>
>>61210699
It takes a year or two to spin a chip, even 2 polaris glued together a la fiji.
>>
>>61210283
>no vulkan support
Dropped.
>>
>>61210283
> gtx 580
Congrats on updating a 7yr old card.
>>
>they made a dx 12

lmao nobody even used dx 11 yet nigga wtf u doin

9c 9c 9c
>>
>>61210283
How is losing performance in dx12 based?
The 480/580 HAVE a hardware scheduler, but it's not like AMDs gcn.
>>
>>61210442
Actually pretty fucking sad. AMD put a part of their R&D into developing and helping others create better APIs for everyone, while Nvidia just sits on their ass and has everyone cater to them by using ancient APIs that hold everyone back. And to top it all off, Nvidia still gets to have devs use their own shitty closed source APIs that intentionally perform worse on AMD cards due to architecture differences.

Like it or not, Nvidia has the better products, but in the end, is holding back the development of better technology on the software level because everyone wants to cater to their outdated architecture that they insist on refreshing over and over again. AMD, on the other hand, gets shafted because they can't pump out a good card to save their lives due to shitty budgets, small teams, and their bet on DX12/Vulkan not paying off how they intended it to. Pretty shitty situation altogether.
>>
>>61210816
And in the end, the ones getting fucked are the consumers. Go Nvidia and get the better card but encourage developers to stay on DX11 and disregard DX12/Vulkan. Go AMD and get fucked because the best card you can get is always worse than Nvidia's best.
>>
File: Knuckles 2.gif (35KB, 243x235px) Image search: [Google]
Knuckles 2.gif
35KB, 243x235px
>>61210283
What's the point of enabling DirectX12 support on cards so old that all the games requiring DirectX12 won't even run on them?
>>
>>61210863
It doesn't even really support it. It still has driver enforced workarounds that force a DX11 style wrapper over the DX12 code.
It's exactly what they did with Maxwell.
>>
>>61210283
WHAT DID WE DO TO DESERVE THIS /G/ROS
>>
I will always go amd, just because I see my friends replacing their nvidia cards every two years and bitching about how slow it gets after only a year. Meanwhile my 7950 ran circles around their cards and when I got my rx480 it was no contest.
>>
>>61210283
yeah nah im gonna go get a 1080

fuck vega right off
>>
>>61210994
do your friends have autism?
>>
As much as I like a good underdog story. You have to admit that Nvidia has way better driver/software support than AMD, by miles.
>>
>>61211420
Probably undiagnosed, they really can't into computers and just turn all the game settings to maximum and hope it works even though I've told them not to.

Either way Nvidia cards seem to age like milk.
>>
>>61211458
>Way better driver support

Tell that to 680 and 780/780 ti owners. Times have changed, amd drivers are leagues ahead of Nvidia ones.
>>
>>61211474

Not on Linux, the only operating system that matters.
>>
>>61211527
>Buying a totl GPU to dick around in loonix

Why even fucking bother though. Linux is best put on servers and that's it.
>>
>>61211458
not really anymore. i have a rx 480 and a evga 1080 and i prefer amd's drivers. crimson ass rapes nvidia control panel and goyness experience. bug wise they have really been the same. speed of new releases are about the same too. amd releases a driver a month on average now. common to get two - three.

drivers are hard.
>>
My gtx580 can do dx12 now? Neat, but rather pointless too. The games that support it don't run well on this card anyway.
>>
Better than nothing. I will take it
>>
what are the chances that the 1070 will "degrade"?
>>
>>61211474
>Tell that to 680 and 780/780 ti owners.
wat
My 680 is doing gr8.
>>
>>61212634
87.5%
>>
>>61212908
reminder that amd left HD6xxx and below on beta driver
>if you want drivers buy new gpu goy hehehe
>>
>>61212634
Maxwell haven't degraded yet so I guess not much. Nvidia is doing piss poor job at DX12/Vulkan with their current architectures anyway which is the exact reason AMD shills only believe in Doom and AOTS benchmarks.
>>
>>61210283
Anon, you forgot to add that AMD is dead and bankrupt.
>>
>>61210816
i agree its like that we didnt heard that every single big graphics engine out there is already having vulkan and dx12 native support..

no its that amd is bad..
>>
Does it really matter though? Those cards are too weak to run modern games anyway.
>>
>>61215199
No it doesn't, and it runs worse than dx11 anyway (which those cards can also barely/not do).

Don't buy Nvidia unless you like dropping $$$$ every 2 years on new cards.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.