[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How important is the look of your pc?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1473030312010.jpg (57KB, 960x639px) Image search: [Google]
1473030312010.jpg
57KB, 960x639px
also, is it on the table or under it?
>>
As long as the case doesn't look bad, it's alright.
Under desk is best place imo
>>
>>61208560
A little bit important. I do wire management. I dust. My parts all have LEDs on them (not out of choice) because RGB cancer is ever prevalent. However it's all shoved into a windowless Fractal R5 case. I usually prefer function over form.
>>
most people on /g/ have sex with their computers. that's why they go for thicc cubbys thinkpads so that they can feel them better.
>>
>>61208560
look isn,t too important because pc's are under the table because all the space on top of the table is beeing used by my screens
>>
File: 144237852.jpg (19KB, 282x293px) Image search: [Google]
144237852.jpg
19KB, 282x293px
>tfw ricer shitboxes with huge ass windows in them are everywhere
>bland boxes are either not to be found or incredibly flimsy and of really bad quality

Welp, time to use the early 00's tower for another generation of innards
>>
>>61208560
Not very, but it's important that the case is easily accessible for maintenance/building, there's enough room for everything, and the quality is good.
I have, however, a strong aversion against cases with windows on the side.

Also it's under the table. There's getting more dust inside compared to on the table, but I need the space.
>>
>>61208681
Fractal Design R5 no window
Antec P series silent towers no window
Nanexia Silence tower
Silverstone cases no window

There are options, but you have to be willing to drop $90 to $200 for a box.

Can always go Corsair 100r/200r with no window if you're looking for sub $80
>>
>>61208681
I use a Fractal Define R5, and it's a clean looking box with good build quality.
>>
I used to think windows were dumb until I bought a case with one. Its actually pretty handy to be able to see if your fans are spinning in there, and any diagnostic lights on the mobo. its dark in there is the only problem so you should probably also have some light handy or over the top rgb led strips wired into your psu
>>
>>61208560
I use a salvaged dell case from a optiplex I found in a dumpster.
>>
>>61208708
>non window cases are more expensive than the ones they have them
I want to know who thought this was acceptable and stab them
>>
>>61208786
did you have to modify it to fit a standard sized motherboard?
>>
>>61208821
Somewhat. But my motherboard was weird.
>>
>>61208786

>Dell case

Aren't those BTX shit heaps instead of ATX?
>>
>>61208818
I'm assuming because metal cost > plastic window? Although the new trend is tempered glass windows for cases. I.e. Corsair RGB 460X/570X etc. They probably make 10 windowed cases for every no window case.

I still REALLY REALLY Want a Silverstone Fortress no window with the 3 180mm fans on the bottom but they're not made anymore and are like $400 used.
>>
>>61208560
I have the cheapest CIT branded Matx case I could find on ebay, it's got better airflow than the p.o.s. FD nano I was using, thing almost killed my GPU after a week.
>>
>>61208861
WAIT NEVER MIND. Newegg has some fortresses in stock. question is do I want to drop $260 on one...
>>
File: humanscale cpu 600.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
humanscale cpu 600.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>>61208560
>also, is it on the table or under it?
Medium black CPU, symmetrical looking, no memes version, under the table with a CPU 600.

More than enough.
>>
>>61209155
>Medium black CPU
>with a CPU 600
What the fuck am I reading
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.