[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey gee, has any of you have any experience with technologically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1497136458856.jpg (757KB, 3009x4514px) Image search: [Google]
1497136458856.jpg
757KB, 3009x4514px
Hey gee, has any of you have any experience with technologically illiterate older folks?
What's the easiest foolproof way for them not to fuck up every time?
E.g. convert a Youtube link to .mp3
>>
>>61199501
Phone a tech savvy talkative and set up screen sharing.

Those shoulders.
>>
They cant follow anything that takes more than 3 steps, so keep it simple.
>>
Idk, I'm getting my dad an iPad hopefully he can work it. You pretty much have to write step by step for dummies type instructions and if anything goes wrong it's BOY GET OVER HERE AND FIX THIS *wrong name of product goes here* FOR ME WILL YA
>>
>>61199501
Real actual foolproof method works everytime: Tell them they have to pay for your services, your time isn't free.
>>
>>61199501
Use analogies. If it's a mechanic, use cars for the analogy. If they cook, use cooking. It's not that hard when you compare it with something they're familiar with.
>>
>>61199501
Who is girl?
>>
>>61201485
wtf, Taylor Swift.
>>
>>61201356
Can relate. For example when they come in to my work and they want to replace their laptop with a new one when an SSD will be just as good. I make the analogy that they have a big V8 engine and the hard drive is basically bike tyres and it can't put the power down. Gets em on side every time.
>>
>>61201504
Who?
>>
>>61201504
Never heard of him.
>>
>>61199501
I hope we are talking cute traps here.
>>
Install gentoo
>>
File: 21536917-mmmain.jpg (37KB, 620x453px) Image search: [Google]
21536917-mmmain.jpg
37KB, 620x453px
>>61199501
3 steps + PRINT out instructions with screenshots.

These idiots can't even read a screen, they have to have a physical paper copy to read
>>
>>61199501
If they want to get music just get them a Deezer/Spotify/Amazon account and cut out the shit.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.