[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CB Radios

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 516WJICVQpL.jpg (34KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
516WJICVQpL.jpg
34KB, 500x500px
Any of you ever tried installing and using a CB radio while driving around? How is it? Any interesting stories?
>>
>>61197320
It's trucker radio, middle aged men rantng about politics and looking for cheap prostitutes. not very exciting anon
>>
The only fun part about CB radio is banter with the police.
>>
>>61197320
Bypass CB and get an Extra Class ham ticket. No more Morse Code requirement (USA) and lots more fun to be had.
>>
>>61197648
>lots more fun to be had.
Can I get a rundown of the prospective fun?
>>
>>61197699
Well you can do amateur television, participate in web-linked repeater networks, legally (USA) build and modify your own equipment, bounce signals of the fucking moon, chat with Mohammad a world away - honestly there are lots of modes, signals, &c. to explore.
>>
>>61197699
>>61197730
and if you don't want to talk, there's a world of digital modes to explore and see what can be done with low bandwidth and weak signals
>>
>>61197730
>>61197926
Thanks.
>>
Some pasta here from the /cyb/ threads https://pastebin.com/9uYXMhVm
>>
File: TX4500WS_f.jpg (39KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
TX4500WS_f.jpg
39KB, 800x600px
Have used CB on and off for years. We have two bands here. Mostly SSB enthusiasts on 27Mhz these days and the band is hardly used compared to what once was. 90+% of truckers and CB generally happens on UHF. Its good for knowing what is going on when travelling.

>>61197648
No morse down under either.

We also have RFDS and commercial HF for those who don't want the whole ham experience. This is popular with outback travellers.

http://www.beadelltours.com.au/hf_information.html
>>
Radio is the pre-usenet usenet communication tool. A bunch of losers much too scared to talk face to face since they want the ability to just not talk anymore be the way out once it's clear they don't have a clue what they're talking about. The type of fucks who use any form of radio are the ones who want to forever pine to meet you but don't because they know the only people who use radio are losers like them, so they want to keep this mental image of this perfect person on the other end of the line.

Jacking off on the radio in the 60s is exactly the same thing as jacking off on usenet and IRC in the 80s.
>>
>>61200413
This is all different from 4chan how?
>>
>>61197699
Typically, people on HAMs talk about: the radios and antenna. Its basically a gear talk, then it goes to talking about the weather. Then after lamenting the heat or the snow or the rain, they ask about their signal strength. Thats leads to talking about gear again. After that, they sign off, to repeat with another Ham Op.

<BUT> when there is a happening in your area, you can help distribute emergency responses- especially if its a power outage. Its good to have especially in the view that citizens have migrated to different phone services, and that unlike copper phone service, the gov does not mandate some sort of power backup.

PRO TIP: you can harvest copper line electric to power a small led light, or charge a battery after 12 hours. (assuming the line is charged).
>>
I've bought a used CB few years back and discovered there are basically no uses for it nowadays. Still, I loved radio so I got licensed. Even if you don't RTLSDR's are still fun. Anyone here SWL with their own gear or is everyone on websdrs?
>>
File: 300px-Radiotriangulation.jpg (9KB, 300x227px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Radiotriangulation.jpg
9KB, 300x227px
>>61200450
4chan, is anonymous when we post point to point.

HAMs use a callsign that links directly to their identity. Additionally, unlike most 4chan, HAMMERS know how to triangulate your signal. Its part of what they do for fun. So, illegal Haming/ and jamming is difficult to pull off with out repercussions.
>>
>>61197320

After cellphones became common truckers didn't use CB nearly as much.

It's amusing to be in a traffic jam surrounded by big rigs with their drivers bored out of their minds. Tune to channel 19 - that's the 'default' station for them in the US.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.