[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am trying to drop off the grid. That being said, I also need

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: lain.jpg (28KB, 604x476px) Image search: [Google]
lain.jpg
28KB, 604x476px
I am trying to drop off the grid. That being said, I also need trustworthy alternatives major services I use, such as google's mail, maps, and file hosting service, as well as a chat client to replace messenger & discord. For the latter I'm thinking about IRC but I don't think I can convince the people I know to switch over.

what the fuck am I supposed to do? i feel stuck in a world of surveillance and I just want my freedoms back. what have you done anons?
>>
The only way is nothing connect to the internet or cell network.

It doesn't matter if you use Google mail or some homebrew mail. It doesn't even matter if you encrypt your mail or not because your CPU has a chipset level keylogger that can access internet connectivity even when powered off by remote access (intel ME)
>>
>>61191205
ive heard this claim but have never seen it substantiated
>>
the only way to drop off the grid is to drop technology and connections. you cant, face it
>>
>>61191160
>I am trying to drop off the grid.

I think it's impossible. I think that actively trying to go off the grid puts you more on the grid. Hide in plain sight. Do your normie activities on Discord on Gmail. For other things, don't.
>>
>>61191160
>For the latter I'm thinking about IRC but I don't think I can convince the people I know to switch over.

Everything else you can control on your own except this. Host your own mail service. Host your own backups and file synchronization.

For maps, there's unfortunately no way you can be completely disconnected from the major line of GPS/navigation products without being connected to services like Google or Bing in some form or fashion.

>>61191205
ARM and SPARC.

If someone really wants your information, they will get it regardless of chipset logging or not.

https://www.cs.tau.ac.il/~tromer/papers/acoustic-20131218.pdf
>>
>>61191264
Entirely this. By segregating yourself from the world, you're inviting the world to be curious and to question your activities.
>>
>>61191255
>>
>>61191160
for messaging, you can consider XMPP for federated chat and use signal's encryption protocol OMEMO, or a tor based p2p messenger like ricochet or tor messenger
>>
>>61191160
>drop off the grid
>still talking to people you know

i dont think you understand what dropping off the grid means.
>>
>>61191205
>CPU has a chipset level keylogger that can access internet connectivity even when powered off by remote access (intel ME)
Jokes on you my CPU is decade old
>>
>>61191160
For starters, start doing shit over Tor. Like day to day shit.
You will pop on the radar, but by using it for non-malicious purposes you're generating noise. Three letter agencies look for a needle in a haystack. So start adding hay to the haystack. You will benefit the rest of Tor users too
>>
>>61191255
But keep in mind >>61191264
>>
people say you can't, but you can effectively drop off the grid

it's true that various agencies can probably get your information no matter what you do, but if they have no good reason to go after you and you use mostly anonymous services and shit, they're not going to be interested in you or indeed aware of you
>>
>>61191160
If you need an modern messenger with encryption, check out Matrix.

>>61193542
>>
>>61191160
>get a mobile connection plan and set it up with a fake ID
>use it on a android device running paranoidDroid or similar
>use startpage
>use firefox on mobile with proper addons
>install a FSF approved distro like Trisquel or Parabola and install a IRC client + icecat
>connect your pc using your mobile network
>use Tor
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.