[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is >"I like the way it looks" not considered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: 1294436354921.png (21KB, 470x495px) Image search: [Google]
1294436354921.png
21KB, 470x495px
Why is
>"I like the way it looks"
not considered a valid reason for buying a tech product yet?

Design and looks are far more important than a few extra mhz or megapixels that you're never going to notice.
You're buying an item, not a spec sheet.
>>
>>61189406
>Design and looks are far more important than a few extra mhz or megapixels that you're never going to notice.
This means you're still close to the specs of other products. So you probably still chose to buy it first and foremost because the specs satisfy your needs, and then started looking for what looks good.
>>
Thats literally why I'm buying an iPad Pro 12.9 in

It's sleek as hell and cost less than a MacBook Air despite having more power
>>
>>61189406
My computer is a tool, a tool to either play games or do my work assignments. It needs to work before it looks good.
Function over Form.
>>
>>61189406
>not considered a valid reason for buying a tech product yet?
It absolutely is, just not for technology enthusiasts and technology inclined individuals
Such as /g/
Begone macfag
>>
Design isn't the way something looks though. As Jobs himself said. Please stop trolling and misrepresenting Apple ideas.
>>
>>61189430
We've reached "peak spec".

Put a PC with an i5-3570k and a Samsung 830 SSD from 2012 next to a modern equivalent and you'll struggle to notice any difference whatsoever.

Same goes for smartphones, you can't notice pixel density differences anymore and a $200 Moto G5 runs as fast as a Galaxy S8 outside of benchmarks (maybe even faster).

Specs mean nothing anymore.
>>
>>61189406
>Why is
>"I like the way it looks"

Because if that's your reason, youre buying a fashion accesory, not a tech product
>>
>>61189436
>More power
what are gonna use tht power for tho?
>>
>>61189483
My point still stands. You still discriminate first according to specs (you eliminate all the shit that isn't in that ballpark), then you start looking for other features.
You wouldn't buy something that looked good if it performed significantly worse, for example if it had a 100x100 screen on a 5 inch phone.
>>
>>61189483
If you're a professional Facebook browser, sure, you might be right.
>>
How about both specs and design?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1OsmndtIrY
>>
>>61189608
How about something that doesnt cost 3k dollars?
>>
I think you should like the way your tech looks but if that's your only deciding factor you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>61189483
for most users that just browse the internet, maybe edit a photo, or watch youtube, yes, they don't need a 7700K or a Ryzen 1700X
>>
>>61189608
>costs more than a MacBook Pro
>still runs Windows
>>
>>61189406
>Why is
>>"I like the way it looks"
Because you constantly seek validation from people that don't give a shit. Fuck off. Buy whatever you want, it's your money.
>>
>>61189608
>dual core CPU only
>>
>>61189790
Heat issue.
>>
>>61189436
>more power
>iOS
Even if it's more powerful, you aren't gonna be able to utilize it because of the shitty mobile OS.
>>
>>61189406
>Hurrr why get a quality pc when this one looks preeetttyyy
>>
>>61189891
Because thinkpads look like shit? The mighty IBM era is over, I just want to have something which pleases my eyes while I browse the web.
>>
>>61189406
>Why is
>>"I like the way it looks"
>not considered a valid reason for buying a hammer yet?
See how retarded you sound?
>>
>>61190696
You're not beating on small pieces of metal all day with a mac and yes, some hammers look better than others.

Looks at trucks. Those are tools and yet people buy them for looks all the times, because they more or less work the same.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.