[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tinkerer's Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_20170701_115623470~01.jpg (844KB, 1982x2669px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170701_115623470~01.jpg
844KB, 1982x2669px
Last thread was a bit slow, let's have another one

What are you tinkering with /g/oblins?
>>
>>61180708
Monitoring this thread
>>
I'd like to do something with Arduinos to fight boredom but dunno what to do, all the usual things in most tutorials don't look interesting at all.
>>
>>61180708
what is that?
>>
>>61180840
I've been looking into cheap servo motors, they look pretty interesting so I bought some and they'll be here in a few days. You can look into them as well.
You have to try new peripherals and components, and along the way you'll get ideas.
Since you're an Arduino guy, it will be very easy to find premade peripherals

>>61180842
My latest contraption. I managed to root my phone, then installed a Debian image that gets mounted and chroot-ed when I need to use it. Using it, I can also program my microcontrollers on the go with an usbasp
>>
>>61180840

I want to get a hamster to make automated stuff like a feeder for it and shit
>>
>>61180840
mini segway ?
>>
>>61180840
A few years ago I made an arduino cat toy.

The arduino controlled 2 servos and a laser pointer. The laser pointer was mounted on a webcam that was attached to the servos, giving a full range of motion. The arduino was connected to my PC, which I could control via SSH session over the Internet and view the webcam stream live with ffserver.

Shit was cool. It was fun using it while at an airport a thousand miles from home.

You have to come up with an idea and commit to solving it.
>>
File: XebCam_078_2017-06-29_00-58-53.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
XebCam_078_2017-06-29_00-58-53.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
Just now I'm working on making a trail camera with a raspberry pi - I'm part of a conservation group at a nearby reservoir and fancied looking into the wildlife therr

going pretty good - installing made it with a raspberry pi B, normal pi camera, PIR sensor and cheap 50,0000Mah (allegedly) usb battery pack.

Worked great testing in my back garden. Replaced the camera with a IR version (with switchable filter for day/night) along with IR lamps - added a real time clock to switch day/night modes as well.

Working good - gets around 18hrs on one charge even while snapping off 100pics with lamp on.

I figured I copuld extend the battery life by using an arduino + relay to wake the pi when there was motion, but turns out the arduino draws way too little current to keep the battery alive (it shuts down if too little load is on it)

So next change will be replacing the pi-b with a zero v1.3 - bit of luck that will get it to 24+ hrs which is my rough aim point before I put it in the field.
>>
Projects
RCA clock/radio
>adding a backup battery
>add 3.5mm jack input and output
>possibly add a microcontroller with blutooth to enable remote radio functions
>expand the favorited channels to a hotkey setup (its just up or down atm, the "hotkey" would input the required about of up or down functions and assign that to a number)

calculator
>modding a ti-83s to add usb support and basic tcp over usb
>adding a bigger battery
>possibly backlight support

car
>ir fisheye camera for backup
>ir lighting for camera
>extra battery in trunk and everything that isnt engine related it re-wired including domelight and internal wiring
>switched added for both batteries
>wire a internal monitor for rear-view camera
>second monitor for ODBII stats
>change all internal lighting to leds with multiple preset switches (firebird)

OTA antenna tower
>diy antenna array or hi gain directional
>integrated DVR with mythtv backend and kodi frontend

in the future i want to build a UMPC
>>
>>61182766
Hey friend, were you storing the images/footage locally or streaming it?

I've got a cheap quadrotor which came with an app based FPV camera which doesn't work. The way the camera is supposed to work is broadcasting its own WLAN to connect the app to, I was thinking of making a Zero W + Camera + Lipo battery running motion and broadcasting its own WLAN so a phone or laptop could connect and punch in the relevant local web address to view the camera.
>>
File: hatate.jpg (293KB, 770x994px) Image search: [Google]
hatate.jpg
293KB, 770x994px
>>61183728
at the moment its all stored locally - in fact the usb bus and hdni are turned off to conserve as much power as possible

I was thinking about setting up some sort of streaming while it was testing in the garden (real target location has no wifi coverage)

streaming footage with a zeroW should be straight forward - picamera python module has all the tools to create the video stream, add something like flask and/or a webserver and it can pipe it to a browser - after that just a matter of setting up the wifi network - could do it ad-hoc to a laptop, run a laptop as an AP and connect from pi to that, or even run pi as an AP.. Lots of ways, but it certainly could be done.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.